Little things you'd like to be included in the next game?

*cracks knuckles* Now where can I begin....

- A toolbox for players to carry their tools in slots that are separate from their pockets
You can receive the toolbox throughout the game. Higher level toolbox = more slots.
- More in depth and individual conversations/dialogue with villagers. Instead of making more new villagers like they're pokemon, how about focus on making each villager more individual. That way I could enjoy having two lazy/smug/normal/etc. types in my town without cookie cutout conversation with the only distinguish is a catchphrase.
- Find some way to lock patterns on floor. I don't like that to pick up an item is the same button as wiping away a pattern. Because of this, I don't keep so much patterns in my town.
- Larger town. I feel like even though for one player, there isn't enough space in my town. It felt really small. Like a little quad rather than a town.
- Larger PWP Capacity. I like to place streelights and other smaller PWPs (clocks, etc.) they hardly take up space in town, but they take up space in the number of PWPs allowed, so I need to sacrifice one streetlamp for a stongehedge.
- Skin color. So by this update, Nintendo, that you can put in an entirely new mechanic in your amiibo update with a few tweaks, but you cant restructure the way our characters get "tans" like the meow coupon station, you could've added a permanent tanning booth to shampoodle to give the colored players, our color. Its nice addition that the body skin matches the mii mask, but the mii masks don't look great at all, and just like in happy home designer, we would like to have out characters brown and in an animal crossing style, rather than mii style. Years before this amiibo update happened, we asked for permanent brown skin because not every one of your players wants to be the default vanilla and we shouldnt have to sit for hours in the island for a very chaste and temporary tan. Years later, we receive something that isnt a real solution. thanks nintendo. its not even a big thing. brown skins were already in the code, all you needed to do was a tool to make them permanent. there shouldn't even be a discussion on wether this should be implemented or not. that update with the amiibo mask felt like a middle finger to people who have been asking nintendo for a solution
- More part time jobs! I really like the idea of having a part time job at the roost it pitched in the homey feeling that its a functioning town with jobs and customers and such.
- Ability to move/place villager houses. Gotta exercise that mayor power. Maybe when you log in your secretary can tell you there's someone new moving in, and you have the option to place their home on the same day they appear. You can find them in town hall while they are there getting their town id and such, and they can ask you to help them decide where to place their home. If players still like the randomness and no control of villagers placing their houses, they can just either not talk to the villager in town hall or say no when villager asks to help place home. options are a good thing.
- More villager activity. They mostly just walk around in town, frolicking in the grass. Sometimes they carry tools around band occasionally you find them sitting on stumps or benches but thats pretty much about it. Set up some sort of schedule or area they like to be around in or activities and games they like to do, it helps flesh them out more instead of standing outside all day walking around.Have them interact more with the town your building.
- Villager interaction I love it when villagers drop by in an unexpected visit and sometimes with a present, but its a little bit strange when villagers come knocking on your door, come in and stand/walk. No interaction with your furniture, no sitting down, nothing. Walking. Stopping. Pause. Staring. Walk again. It would be great if they could interact with furniture like how they do in happy home designer. And through personality types, they tend to interact with the furniture that they like. (ex. a lazy type would have higher chances of interacting with the food/games furniture rather than fancy/rustic painting where a snooty type would interact more with those.)

whoah. i wish i could type this out as fast as i can type my essays. lol ill stop here.

More than 10 villagers being able to move in, more PWP placement freedom, choosing exactly where villagers plot, more QR space, more than 30 PWP limit, more villager dialogue.

16 villagers. I mean think about that number. Perfection.

The dump. Where random discarded items appear.

A Diary. With a calendar. How cool is that?

Nintendo consoles so we can play old dirt games
in our Animal Crossing.

Soccer/Basket/Blue Balls to kick around and have fun with. <3

Blue cosmos. What a cool color! Right?

Villagers falling asleep outside their houses. How cute!

There should be one track to play when it rains all day...

There should be a whale when you're visiting the island randomly. Like, passing underneath the boat.

Phyllis complaining about missing her soaps under her breath.

Idk guys these are all just formulated ideas. >u>
Anyone down for them?

Last edited:
I'd like a bigger town. It would be cool to have a better system of deciding where your public works projects go instead of having to move slightly to the left/right to get Isabelle to agree to place it. I think you should be able to send letters to other people in other towns if connected to the internet. More customisable characters i.e. more hair and face options, make-up, earrings!

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but something I'd love to see is previews of customized furniture before you customized it. That's always been something I've wanted.

Last edited:
I miss the UFOs and the observatory. I loved seeing my own constellations in the sky. And a lot of the things you guys picked up on that gave older games personality (the balls you kick around, the dump, the diary, NES consoles, etc).

I think there should be more spontaneous events. I hate when my villagers tell me how bored they are and nothing is happening in town - I'm the MAYOR, why can't I throw an ice cream social or tea party or hide-and-seek marathon or something?

Also, more dialogue, more variables in personality (like maybe a smug that's mean and one that's nicer). Generally bigger and more varied towns. And bring cliffs back!

I miss the UFOs and the observatory. I loved seeing my own constellations in the sky. And a lot of the things you guys picked up on that gave older games personality (the balls you kick around, the dump, the diary, NES consoles, etc).

I think there should be more spontaneous events. I hate when my villagers tell me how bored they are and nothing is happening in town - I'm the MAYOR, why can't I throw an ice cream social or tea party or hide-and-seek marathon or something?

Also, more dialogue, more variables in personality (like maybe a smug that's mean and one that's nicer). Generally bigger and more varied towns. And bring cliffs back!

Do we know if the Switch (the console most likely to have the next AC game) has a camera? So we could still use QR codes? I hope so! New Leaf having the whole QR code system for designs was fantastic for people who aren't artistically creative like me. The kind artistic people who share their QR codes online really helped me out.

I hope it has QR codes and a MUCH large storage for them. HHD included a lot more storage space for that, but I'd like even MORE! It never hurts, since you can use it for all kinds of customization.

More patterns like they did in HHD! I thought after the update that they were gonna add it because they've added the extra storage
And we should be able to move our houses again & other houses too
And wooooo! Just a whole lot of things
I just really wish that instead of letting us sit on the rocks, they let us move those too.

Back