• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you do for work?

KatRose

total piece of crap
Bells
New Horizons Token
White Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
Not sure if there's already a thread about this, but I'm just curious because I'm between jobs right now and looking for new interesting things to do.

I used to work at a Chick-fil-A for 8 months. I'm pretty young so it was the only place that was hiring at that age. It was pretty fun but enough is enough for fast food and crappy minimum wage. But now I'm older and set to hostess at this really neat restaurant/brewery/distillery down the street when the new year rolls around.

What do you guys do? Or if you're not working, what do you want to be doing?

I work for the US Forest Service doing everything from forest management to logging to making sure all our work doesn't burn to the ground. It's rather difficult to find full time positions for the FS but not impossible, volunteering is a great way to network and get an idea of what duties you'll be doing. None of it is glamorous. :p

Too young to work at the moment, but I'm trying my hardest to acquire a reasonable set of skills for when I start looking for work, so I have a lot of options. Prominently I'd like to try and be a 3D modeller, but I'm also pretty good at website graphics and a whole other bunch of arty stuff.

Either way, I'll end up being some kind of artist. If I, for whatever reason, don't succeed, I guess I'll just try and be successful with indie projects and stack shelves in the meantime.

I don't have a job but if I were to get one while going to school at the same time probably at a retail or a grocery shop.

I don't have a job and I hate myself because of it.

It took me over a year to find a job, I know that feeling well. But for now I work front of the house in a restaurant and I do online art commissions for some extra cash when I have the time.

I work in a library packaging and shipping books that other libraries request from us & I used to work at a candle store, but I recently quit because it was an hour from my house. I'm looking around now for some other jobs that will work around my student schedule.

i'm a barmaid/waitress at a pub restaurant in my village which is part-time work on top of doing a-levels. my weekends are pretty much eaten up since i always work friday, saturday and sunday ;~;

barista at starbucks :~) it's hard work but i don't hate it the way i've hated jobs in the past, i just wish i made more money, i hate just scraping by financially

barista at starbucks :~) it's hard work but i don't hate it the way i've hated jobs in the past, i just wish i made more money, i hate just scraping by financially

I was about to apply to a starbucks. I know each location is different, but do you like working there? I've always thought that it'd be insane and get really old fast, but a bunch of friends work there and say it's pretty decent. Do you like the atmosphere?

I'm working at the Hello Kitty Cafe for the summer, then going back as a full time student in the fall.

Not working right now, should be in September as a developer of some kind. Probably in security again.

I work in the produce department at a grocery store

Just a fast food restaurant since I'm not that busy with school right now to save up for university once it starts ;~;

I recently graduated from university, so I'm currently working on my portfolio and will be applying in the summer!

I'm a server at a restaurant. Just finished my training so I am still new to it all. I used to work at a Malaysian restaurant before this. I had a love/hate relationship with that place :(

Well since i'm kinda too young for a real job/career i work at Subway ATM. My coworkers (except one) are all nice and enjoyable. The only real gripe is the people i have to serve. I'm not much of a people person but hey if i get paid i can endure it. Somedays tho i just wanna s c r e am.

I'm working at a bank. It's alright. Good benefits and pretty decent pay. I can't complain. It is pretty soul crushing at times though.

Back