2017: A New Challenge (Always Open to Newcomers)

Latest developments:
- Got the Snowboard from Snowpapa
- Got the Ice wall from Snowmama (currently collecting more snowflakes)
- I've added 3 other characters:
Dakteo or "Doctor." He's from the west and the future, striving to cure this disease through the advent of modern medicine, even though the townsfolk are suspicious of his foreignness. As far as they're concerned, he's a demon.
Munyeo or "Shaman." She's the high priestess of our small region, relying on Chinese herbs and Korean pagan rituals to rid our mayor of the curse that runs through her body.
Jiyong (I'll delete this character to give him a proper role. I haven't decided if I want to make him the Mayor's loyal servant, a scholar to leave a history for the plague as it ravages the village, or to make him a farm hand. I made him primarily to check/plot reset if necessary for the 9th villager. Had to settle on an actual name since I didn't have access to the Korean dictionary at work).
- Lief's garden shop opened today ("today" being the 7th, until I'm on the current date).
- My 9 villagers are as follows: Peewee, Marcel, Margie, Friga, Roald, Cookie, Lopez, Agnes, Knox (moving in tomorrow)
- We've gotten our first infected animal: Lopez. Infection date: 1/7/2017

Plans for Damyang...
- The real Damyang's location is in what is now IRL South Korea (time setting will be in the 1300's at the height of the Black Plague for the region). It is the "bamboo capital" of the country, well known for it's bamboo goods and strawberries (cherries in-game are a fine substitute). I plan on having a Zen theme throughout (barring Dakteo, who will have modern amenities and a modern house) and it will be very agriculturally centered. Many trees will be deforested to leave just cherry trees and bamboo (some exceptions will exist). The town hinges on the gods looking favorably upon them and their resident leader as they fight against this disease for which they know not of...

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't updated in a few days, haven't had the chance!

Day 9 in Latibule ~

- Walt got cursed again
- Grizzly moving in
- Goose suggested the Modern Bridge, another pwp I don't want to build
- Started/payed off the Fountain

Day 10 ~

- Goose is moving out

Day 11 ~

- Peck is moving in!
- Moved my second character, Willow in!
- Unlocked the QR machine!
- Phil suggested the Parabolic Antenna which I am definitely not building
- Nooklings remodelling tomorrow!
- Payed off the Secret Storage
- Lottie's tutorial
- Kicks is being built!
- Started funding/payed off the Dream Suite
- Felicity healed herself
- Saharah was in town
- Maelle moving out

Day 12 ~

- Kitty moving in!
- Brought Katie to a friend's town
- Paid off the basement
- Also the time has finally come to say farewell to Jambette! I was thinking of keeping her but her house is in the way of my second character's house

Last edited:
You guys should post your dream addresses when you get them! I can participate in the challange but Im planning on following it closely and id love to see your towns as they come along!

^ I second that idea! It'd be fun seeing how everyone's towns progress.

Anyway, here's an update from the last few days!

7wsGkis.jpg

T&T Mart opened!

wXFuFf6.jpg

Funded a water well and planted some black tulips around it. I've been breeding other black hybrids too but it's not going so well. I also decided to add white flowers to the color scheme. It seems to work better than plain black. I'll also be using other colored hybrids around town, just more selectively.

v7bfXGd.jpg

Got my first and so far only badge. I've been popping balloons in hopes of getting update items. I've only gotten the exercise ball so far so nothing useful's come out of that yet.

KpJiBUK.jpg

Unlocked Dream Suite! Haven't built it yet though. Maybe tomorrow? I'm running out of other PWPs to build.

cBgOLGi.jpg

Bill requested a fire pit today though and I decided to build it right away! It'll be ready tomorrow. I'm gonna cut down those newly planted trees once they grow to make stumps. I'll also need to make giant footprint patterns to put on the ground. The spot's inspired by an incident described in The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

S87GvDU.jpg

I also planted a bunch more perfect pear trees around town. The forest is almost full of them by now but since I just blindly planted them everywhere, I'm gonna have to cut down a lot of them. I also realized that I'm gonna have to make most of the villagers move out in order to realize my plans for the town. It's a bummer! And is obviously going to take a while. Rodney especially plotted right where I wanted to put the witch/sage character, but I wouldn't want to make him move out. Rip.

kiHQ16S.jpg

Shrunk showed up today. *shudder*

KeBIXoN.jpg

Sydney started using the shirt I made that's based on Frodo's vest.

2NVF04e.jpg

Benjamin cured Francine but fell ill himself. :(

^ I second that idea! It'd be fun seeing how everyone's towns progress.

Anyway, here's an update from the last few days!

7wsGkis.jpg

T&T Mart opened!

wXFuFf6.jpg

Funded a water well and planted some black tulips around it. I've been breeding other black hybrids too but it's not going so well. I also decided to add white flowers to the color scheme. It seems to work better than plain black. I'll also be using other colored hybrids around town, just more selectively.

v7bfXGd.jpg

Got my first and so far only badge. I've been popping balloons in hopes of getting update items. I've only gotten the exercise ball so far so nothing useful's come out of that yet.

KpJiBUK.jpg

Unlocked Dream Suite! Haven't built it yet though. Maybe tomorrow? I'm running out of other PWPs to build.

cBgOLGi.jpg

Bill requested a fire pit today though and I decided to build it right away! It'll be ready tomorrow. I'm gonna cut down those newly planted trees once they grow to make stumps. I'll also need to make giant footprint patterns to put on the ground. The spot's inspired by an incident described in The Secret History of Twin Peaks.

S87GvDU.jpg

I also planted a bunch more perfect pear trees around town. The forest is almost full of them by now but since I just blindly planted them everywhere, I'm gonna have to cut down a lot of them. I also realized that I'm gonna have to make most of the villagers move out in order to realize my plans for the town. It's a bummer! And is obviously going to take a while. Rodney especially plotted right where I wanted to put the witch/sage character, but I wouldn't want to make him move out. Rip.

kiHQ16S.jpg

Shrunk showed up today. *shudder*

KeBIXoN.jpg

Sydney started using the shirt I made that's based on Frodo's vest.

2NVF04e.jpg

Benjamin cured Francine but fell ill himself. :(

Your town is coming along so quickly, very nice! I love that fire pit!

I'm a bit late, but I decided to participate after all.
The town's name is Whimsy, run by mayor Sara.
While Whimsy was a name I made up on the spot, I chose Sara because Sara was the name of the first ACNL character I ever made in a town I deleted a few years ago. I personally headcanon that when things are deleted and when animals move out, they're sent to the Void, a dark and dreary place that aims to permanently delete everything within it.
Considering that Sara was in the void for several years before managing to get out, her time there has scarred her to the point where she has developed an incurable disability simply known as Void.
Basically the Void was able to delete parts of Sara during her time there. While she is still a living, breathing being, her words are often stuttered and glitched up, as well as her body itself.
Sara is pretty much a walking, talking part of the Void. Due to this, if she comes in close contact with a villager, they will become "infected" with Void as well. The animals immune systems are not as strong against the Void as human's are, so the Void will slowly, but surely, delete and mess up their bodies, however much faster than it happened to Sara.
Ever since the experince Sara has become a loner who wishes to spend as few time with other people and animals as possible in fear that Void will hurt others.
Sara remembers everything that happened before and when they went to the Void, however the animals, who have differently wired brains, cannot. So she knows Isabelle and the other NPC's very well but feel that they can't tell anyone about their experience because it isn't believable, which makes having Void even more unbearable since she feels she has no one to talk to about what she went through.
Void also has th side effect of having the infected feel depressed and devoid of hope. Sara used to be a very bright and spunky girl but Void has made their personality completely crash.
When a villager becomes "infected" with Void, their catchphrase will become random signs and letters.
The cyber shades are the weak protection item, and the space helmet is the strong one.
If the entire village is infected with Void, all progress made it the town must be deleted before deleting the town itself.
All demolishable public works must be demolished, all items and bells transferred, sold or trashed, all alternate characters homes must be demolished, no ordinance, no greenery, etc. Eventually the town itself is erased, becoming nothing more than a desolate, depressing extension of the Void itself.

On a lighter note, I got a pretty decent map, with cherries. I put my house in a nice spot near the waterfall and Willow happens to be one of my staters, woo.
I sadly have no screenshots to share as my SD card is not cooperating.

All right, I am trying again ;3;

My new town will be Bonbun and my mayor is named Pom. Hoping to find a new map ASAP! I can't promise that I won't plot reset though... ;A;

Developments for day 2:

Payed off down payment
Built a snowmam
Donated a few things to the museum
Started on town development permit (currently at 36%)
Finished Isabelle's tutorial
Changed the town flag and town tune
Planted a few trees
Found some rocks near the town hall that are going to be a real pain to work around

Willow has become the first resident to be infected with Void.
rm6Olzk.jpg

Today, I'm going to try to play catch up and time travel a few days so I can get on board with everyone else.

Developments for Day 3:

Payed off next payment
Built a Snowtyke
Rodney finished moving in
Approval rating raised to 53
Cally became infected.

Day 4:

Limberg plotted on top of my Snowtyke
Built another Snowmam
Payed off next payment and bought a door
Tortimer came to visit
Approval rating raised to 88.

2 more infections to report: Roald and Cookie
- Bought 10 Turnips from Joan, so no TT til I see if I can turn a profit.
- Agnes sold me a Solemn Painting that turned out to be a fake. Thank goodness that I have a trash can. Did donate a genuine Gallant Statue.
- I can now start PWPs and ordinances.
- Just paid off my 4x4 house.
- I've been gathering more snowflakes. I have a full set of Ice Furniture and some duplicates for selling. EDIT: They've been sold.
- Now have access to the island
- Joan's RV is in town and I got most of her items for Munyeo (my town's shaman).

New updates:
- Margie, a healthy villager offered to move, but I decided to keep her.
- Sold Joan's turnips for 116 (bought at 96)
- Nookling's is upgrading and Shampoodle is arriving as well
- Paid off all 3 houses (4x4)

^ Good luck, Ghostelle! Why did you reset your old town?

I was pretty frustrated with where all of my villagers plotted... ;A;

Here's some shots of my new town ceremony. It took me all day to find a map that I liked!

F3XPkxx.png

aDBdPnf.png

I really hate all of my starting villagers lol but they'll all be moved someday! I also dislike the train station color, the town hall color and the native fruit (pears), but these are all minor details, so I'm trying not to sweat it.

Thank you for the luck :>

Last edited:
Here's what happened in Kiri recently!

Day 11 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-11-pecans-future.html

madeulook.jpg

- Pecan was the first villager to appear in my campsite! I promptly invited her to move in.
- Kicks started building his shop

Day 12 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-12.html

cyruscringe.jpg

- I got the Backyard Gardener badge
- Built the fire pit
- Cyrus woke up from his coma

Day 13 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-13-pecan-destroys-my-plans.html

pecanmovesin.jpg

- Pecan moved in.... RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE D: even after I spent hours adding paths everywhere, I guess I forgot to put them between some perfect trees near my house. I wanted those to wilt too for the haunted town look :( oh well, she's awesome so I'll work with it.
- T&T Mart opened in Kiri
- I started the hot spring PWP

Day 14 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-14-meeting-shrunk-kicks-and-redd.html

islandparadise.jpg

- Kicks opened
- Bought a fake statue from Redd (statue with the bat wings) because I thought it would look good in a horror town.. idk where to use it though.
- Got signatures for Shrunk's CLUB LOL
- Landscaped the island!

Day 15 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-15-i-love-you-pecan.html

pecanoutside.jpg

pecandrawing.jpg

I have a slight fear of pansies.. they look like they're always staring at you. I can't look at a *real* pansy or photograph for long without grossing out, but in game is fine. So I'm covering my town in them to add to the horror aspect of my town. Here's a little drawing I made inspired by the screenshot above :'D

- Built the log bench
- Invited Cookie over
- Started another wooden bridge project

Day 16 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-16-sickly-gyroids-and-new-face.html

ohgodnogyroid.jpg

- Accidentally gave Coco a terrible looking gyroid
- Starting the streetlamp pwp
- Made a new character!

For those who have been following my blog, I basically haven't started the "challenge" yet with cursing/infecting my villagers. I finally came up with how to do it. My mayor Chan is a normal gal... but my new alt character Malis will be based off an Ahp, a south east asian "floating head ghost", who will be cursing the town.I'll be changing the rule so that instead of the catchphrase being *cough*, the way the villager is infected is if they change into a custom design I'll create of organs dangling from their heads. To cure the villager, they basically have to change into a regular shirt, either through them buying it off Chan or if another villager gifts them (which may take a while, since not all villagers wear the shirts they buy off you and custom shirts spread like wildfire). Perhaps if ALL the villagers happen to change into the custom shirt, then Chan will also have to be cursed (and I fail). .....however, if it doesn't work out (basically if my pro design looks too crap to use hahaha) I will stick to cough cough!

An Ahp typically appears at night, so I'll only be playing Malis at night.

Here's a little reference pic for the Ahp ghost:

ahp.jpg

Yep, that's organs drawn on a cloth :'D I'm going with the style of crappy 80s fx so I think drawing on a shirt will suffice hahaha.

Last edited:

Amazing post, dizzy! <3

1) That's a GREAT idea for the curse! I'd never heard of it, but it works really well! Can't wait to see the pro design.
2) Pecan drawing is adorable. Those pansies are so judgmental lol
3) That screenshot of Cyrus is the most hilarious thing ever! He's so over that joke...!

Amazing post, dizzy! <3

1) That's a GREAT idea for the curse! I'd never heard of it, but it works really well! Can't wait to see the pro design.
2) Pecan drawing is adorable. Those pansies are so judgmental lol
3) That screenshot of Cyrus is the most hilarious thing ever! He's so over that joke...!

thankssss <3 yeah hopefully it works out LOL I'm not that great at drawing on the tiny screen u_u

Rajamaa's slowly starting to take shape! I've planted lots more perfect pear trees and even though it's obviously only the very beginning of the landscaping process, the town's already starting to look better and less empty.

In addition to landscaping, I unlocked the qr machine and museum second floor, went bug catching and got the bronze Bell saver badge. Kick's is building for the 3rd day, too. Benjamin asked to move out on the 21st and I told him he should. He's infected but he's in the way of my grand bridge plan (I want to move a bridge by 2 tiles) so he must go. It'll take forever to get rid of all the badly plotted villagers, lol. In the meanwhile...

I'll upload more pics tomorrow!

I FINALLY STARTED MY CURSE!!! I was so behind on the horror part of the challenge, but I got my first "cursed" villager today!

malis.jpg

here's my very poorly drawn floating ghost head design :'D

cursedshirt.jpg

I couldn't make the same design work on a shirt so I decided to make the cursed villagers wear a different shirt. I blanked out a bit so for now they will just wear white rags like a typical asian ghost :p

inhouse.jpg

The prodesign I made for Malis is sooo shoddy but I don't care :'D

mosquitocoil.jpg

It WORKS IN COMPLETE DARKNESS :D (even though it kind of looks like a mosquito coil)

Here's the full post with some other stuff I did in town with Chan: http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-14-curse-begins-info-rules.html

^ Hey, I like Malis' outfit! Great job on the stepping stones too, they look so pretty. I also love your idea for the curse and how you're using custom designs to identify the cursed villagers. The Ahp folklore seems very interesting! I read the link you posted on your blog. I think I'll have to find out more about Southeast Asian folklore now. *crawls back into nerd hole*

--
As for Rajamaa, here's some progress pics I wanted to share!

zij7qbt.jpg

HNW5oFS.jpg

You can see a glimpse of the newly built campsite in this picture. It's my favorite spot in town so far, it's a shame the whole campgrounds area doesn't fit into one picture. Francine lives southwest to the pond and once she moves out, I'm going to build a custom-design sign with the text "Pearl Lake".

3i3zPvz.jpg

Here's the same spot with a couple trees cut down for stumps.

akmCRsq.jpg

I can't wait until the whole town's become filled with weeds. It'll look so much better and like I intended. Rajamaa looks way too neat and tidy as of now, lol.

@Capeet (nice username change XD) Thank you! Cookie got cured yesterday. She wore another shirt :p But I think I will start making more designs for them to wear like your town :3 Everything is too pink right now since I have a lot of brightly coloured villagers. Rajamaa is coming along so well!!! I agree, with more weeds and dead trees it'll be much more fitting. I actually like the look of weeds, even in my non-horror town. Your campsite looks very peaceful :3

Day 18 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-18-building-stuff-for-evil-lady-and.html

lighthouse.jpg

- did some more landscaping today and planned out certain areas
- started the scarecrow project

buckshareshirt.jpg

- cookie was cured!!! after not even one day of being cursed. buck shared his ugly shirt with her

Day 19 http://two--trees.blogspot.my/2017/01/day-19.html

dogs.jpg

- bought a ton of yellow hibiscus starts from the island! (not waiting around for leif heh heh)
- got ANOTHER dog from the fortune cookies
- started the light house pwp

Back