• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What height should your signature be?

Orieii

MHA fanatic and collector (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑✧
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Green Candy
I know the height was suppose to be 250 pixels or under, but did Belltree update the guidelines recently? I've seen a few users with lengthy signatures, and theirs never get taken down.. I'm only asking this because whenever I upload a signature that is exactly 250 pixels in height, it always gets taken down.. like why?? TT^TT </3 I only have 1-line of text too! I'm was just following the guidelines.. *sighs* so frustrating.

I'm making myself a new signature, so I just want to know if the signature height changed or not :)

P.S. The signature I have now was resized to 244 pixels because I was told it was too lengthy in height, when it was 250 pixels exactly Q w Q (it's old tho)

Ikr, I've seen signatures with more then one line and bigger signatures and all I've been thinking is "Why edit my signature and not everyone else" like wow ok, I'm such a target.

Ikr, I've seen signatures with more then one line and bigger signatures and all I've been thinking is "Why edit my signature and not everyone else" like wow ok, I'm such a target.

Omg! I thought I was the only one experiencing this ; o ; Glad to know I'm not alone in thinking this way, though it's unfortunate TT^TT *hugs* we're both targets <3 Why must they bully us D':

Last edited:
It is 250, I'm not sure why yours is getting taken down but you should challenge those warnings. If the line of text was over the standard size that might be it, but otherwise you should be fine.

Also if you see signatures that are too big just report them, posting about it isn't gonna do much.

It is 250, I'm not sure why yours is getting taken down but you should challenge those warnings. If the line of text was over the standard size that might be it, but otherwise you should be fine.

Also if you see signatures that are too big just report them, posting about it isn't gonna do much.

Thank you for the advice! :-D <3
When I make my new sig, I'll keep it at 250 pixels. Hopefully it doesn't get taken down like my past signatures Q ^ Q

Technically due to padding, signatures with images that are 250px tall end up being about ~75px over the limit, but the mods already have taken that into account with the limit.

I believe the height limit includes every item in your signature (text, spoilers,etc) but I may be wrong. I would try to add all your elements heights together to equal the limit instead of just the image.

Mine have always been exactly 250, never had them taken down.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But ofcourse text etc will add to the height, don't just make the image 250px and then add a line of text to it lol.

I like to make mine around 620 by 170, just so I can be sure I'm not breaking the limit. When you have text and stuff, it can be difficult to determine.

Technically due to padding, signatures with images that are 250px tall end up being about ~75px over the limit, but the mods already have taken that into account with the limit.

I believe the height limit includes every item in your signature (text, spoilers,etc) but I may be wrong. I would try to add all your elements heights together to equal the limit instead of just the image.

The signature rule thread says a 250px tall image + a standard line of text. So by that their current sig should fit the rules even if it was 250, especially since the text is small.

The signature rule thread says a 250px tall image + a standard line of text. So by that their current sig should fit the rules even if it was 250, especially since the text is small.

Ikr, that's what I had before, but it got taken down for some reason;;

Ikr, that's what I had before, but it got taken down for some reason;;

Looks like one of the staff members needs to 👀 👀 👀 👀 read up 👀 👀 👀 👀
I used to make all of my signatures by that rule and none of them ever got removed.

Looks like one of the staff members needs to &#55357;&#56384; &#55357;&#56384; &#55357;&#56384; &#55357;&#56384; read up &#55357;&#56384; &#55357;&#56384; &#55357;&#56384; &#55357;&#56384;
I used to make all of my signatures by that rule and none of them ever got removed.

Lol! Thank you xD I was confused as to why it was taken down the first time, but maybe it was because of the 1-line text (even though I was following the rules). I'll try the 250 pixels again!

Looks like one of the staff members needs to �� �� �� �� read up �� �� �� ��

Since I joined back in 2013 on release day the rules have always stated "Keep your signature under a total height of 250 pixels tall, including all images and text."
That does not mean that you can have a 250px image, and text, it means that the total of the signature as a whole must be 250px tall or bellow.

Last edited:
Since I joined back in 2013 on release day the rules have always stated "Keep your signature under a total height of 250 pixels tall, including all images and text."
That does not mean that you can have a 250px image, and text, it means that the total of the signature as a whole must be 250px tall or bellow.

Oh~ Kk :eek: I believe my current sig is 250 pixels exactly with the text included. Maybe that's why it wasn't taken down? :)

Oh~ Kk :eek: I believe my current sig is 250 pixels exactly with the text included. Maybe that's why it wasn't taken down? :)

They won't take it down unless if it's above 250px tall.
It doesn't matter if it's texts or images, the signature as a whole will be taken down if it breaks 250px.

Omg! I thought I was the only one experiencing this ; o ; Glad to know I'm not alone in thinking this way, though it's unfortunate TT^TT *hugs* we're both targets <3 Why must they bully us D':
It just comes down to what we see and what we don't see. Obviously if we see a signature that's too big we're going to spoiler it, but there will always be signatures that are too big that we don't see, and that's why we rely on user reports. There seems to be some misconception that we patrol the forum 24/7 reading over every single detail at at given chance, which is downright impossible. We rely heavily on user reports for situations like these, but half the time they're never reported. We can't do anything if it's never brought to our attention.

I mean I've discussed this previously with staff in the discord and they said a 250px image + a line of standard text. If you've been told differently then it needs to be stated clearer in the thread and all the staff need to get on the same page.

I mean I've discussed this previously with staff in the discord and they said a 250px image + a line of standard text. If you've been told differently then it needs to be stated clearer in the thread and all the staff need to get on the same page.

idk who you talked to, but I've always followed the rules that they have in the rules thread, and the signature page.
Screenshot 2016-12-07 01.12.18.jpgScreenshot 2016-12-07 01.12.27.jpg

They won't take it down unless if it's above 250px tall.
It doesn't matter if it's texts or images, the signature as a whole will be taken down if it breaks 250px.

No. We allow 250 pixels and one line of standard sized text. If your signature is exactly 250 pixels high of images, then you're more than welcome to put a line of regular text underneath, but that's it. Not two lines of -2 sized text, not one line of size 3 text, not a spoiler, not an enter space and a line of regular sized text, just one line of standard sized text.

Back