• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

why is it socially unacceptable to not wear pants in public

I think the taboo surrounding nudity is stupid. You're not going to go blind by looking at someone's penis, breasts, or ass. Clothes have a practical purpose to keep people warm, but in places where it's hot, there is no real reason why people need to wear them. Think about it: if everyone just stopped wearing clothes starting tomorrow, you'd probably get used to everyone being naked all the time in a few days.

everyone should go out in their underwear, that way I can easily pick up the perfect guy :)

I think the taboo surrounding nudity is stupid. You're not going to go blind by looking at someone's penis, breasts, or ass.

Yea, but I guarantee it would be at least a little awkward if you're talking to a guy and he gets an involuntary stiffy. Pants help disguise that.

a lot of people are talkin about nudity here and im so confused cus not wearing pants/trousers/etc doesnt mean their vagoo or kazoo or whatever parts they have are gonna come flyin out

a lot of people are talkin about nudity here and im so confused cus not wearing pants/trousers/etc doesnt mean their vagoo or kazoo or whatever parts they have are gonna come flyin out

Because a lot of people think that revealing under-garments comes too close to nudity.

Erk, this thread vibrant people on this site am I right?

To answer your question.
In this day and age its awkward, people don't want to see peoples privates and butt and people will throw up and giggle, you get the point, right? Its odd.

But you can change that and start a new trend. "The wearing no pants/trousers challenge".

Last edited:
Has anyone thought maybe you could catch a cold or hurt yourself? They're just as much for protection as they are for concealment.

Lmfao I really appreciate the way you worded that entire post.

But for real tho. It'd also look dumb as hell wearing shoes with no pants. Like Sonic. And Sonic is terrible.

Has anyone thought maybe you could catch a cold or hurt yourself? They're just as much for protection as they are for concealment.

I understand wearing a jacket and pants for the practical purpose of being warm when it's cold out, but there is no practical purpose to wearing clothes when it's hot as hell outside. I don't think clothes are stupid; I think society's expectation that everyone should always wear clothes when they are in public is stupid.

I understand wearing a jacket and pants for the practical purpose of being warm when it's cold out, but there is no practical purpose to wearing clothes when it's hot as hell outside.

Protection from sunburn etc.

Idk I live in a relatively hot place and I don't wanna risk seeing crotch sweat, swamp ass, or skid marks

Last edited:
idk man if you sit on a metal bench when it's hot outside with no pants it's not gonna be good

This is possibly the greatest, most amusing thread to read so far. :')
I'm also pretty insecure about how my legs look, but the comments above raise a good point about it being a particularly hot day and you sit on a metal bench. ;.; The pain would be immense.

I have an even better question. Why is it socially unacceptable to not wear anything in public? I need answers and also some clothes.

Because society hates everyone and everything in it. I say you do you, boo.

Back