Pokémon Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Remake?

Diamond or Pearl remake

• Total voters
YES! D/P was my favorite and my favorite pokemon is piplup! I totally agree that the storyline was on point. Nowadays the storylines aren't that great in my opinion. I also miss all the post game stuff. I also miss the underground lol brings back memories lol i would TOTALLY buy!

It's probably going to happen.

I'd rather it NOT happen, personally. D/P/Pt are still playable on a 3DS. Everytime they've done remakes in the past, it's to make a generation playable on a more modern console that wasn't playable anymore. The 3DS can actually play EVERY SINGLE GENERATION right now. I'd rather see Sun2/Moon2 or something entirely brand new.

I can't actually vote for this because I don't know whether I want a remake or not.

It was my first Pok?mon game ever, it remains my favourite, and the soundtrack is among my favourite video game soundtracks of all time, but I feel like it's not supposed to be touched. Why fix what isn't broken? It's a masterpiece, in my eyes, and I don't see a need to make remakes. All that effort should go into new adventures, in my opinion.

I didn't particularly like the overall experience of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum due to how slow they ran when doing anything, even compared to HeartGold and SoulSilver which were also in Generation IV. That said, if they are remade on a more powerful console, that problem would be alleviated.

I like the Sinnoh region well enough, so if/when they are remade I will be interested in playing them. Whenever they come out, I intend to get both versions so I can trade things with myself for Pokedex completion purposes.

My friend from out of town came and left his Pok?mon Platinum (my first ever Pok?mon Game), and I played it. I thought it was pretty good! I hope they do make a remake because I remember this feature where you had to like mine for ores or something XD its been a long time.

They need to make a remake. Pokemon Diamond was my first pokemon game ever. It would be amazing to experience everything again o:

They aren't going to remake only Diamond or Pearl. If only one game comes out it'll be a combination of both. Chances are it will be a remake of Platinum but split into two under the label of [adjective]Diamond and [adjective]Pearl.

Even though I've played gold, fire red, emerald, etc. Pokemon Diamond was my first game
A remake would be so nostalgic for me, I'd love it.

I remember spending like 7+ hours in the contest hall and always losing lol.

Tbh though, why isn't platinum an answer???

I'd definately buy them, Pokemon Pearl was a fond part of my early teen years

- - - Post Merge - - -

Even though I've played gold, fire red, emerald, etc. Pokemon Diamond was my first game
A remake would be so nostalgic for me, I'd love it.

I remember spending like 7+ hours in the contest hall and always losing lol.

Tbh though, why isn't platinum an answer???

Probably the same reason Nintendo never made a Crystal remake, or an Emerald one. They usually just do re-makes for the main 2 games.

I would buy both. However, Pokemon remakes have a problem with it being more of a remake of the third version, rather than the first two. I hope that doesn't happen with the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

I would buy both. However, Pokemon remakes have a problem with it being more of a remake of the third version, rather than the first two. I hope that doesn't happen with the Diamond/Pearl remakes.

ORAS didn't have that problem. The Delta Episode was essentially a remade Emerald.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Recently I've been so upbeat and giddy about DP remakes. Probably cause I listened to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9P3I-MBzE0.

I've been thinking about it a lot, so here are my idea's:

• The plot of DP remakes is generally like DP but with a few changes that were made in Platinum and some new changes.
  • The Pokedex is fixed to the Platinum one with the evolutions of older Pokemon and some newer Pokemon that could be implemented like Sylveon.
  • The Gym Leader hierarchy is structured like Platinum's; in DP it was Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice and Volkner. The structure should change so it goes: Fantina, Maylene then Wake with everyone else in the same place.
  • The teams of the Leaders and Elite Four should be how they were in Platinum. Lets be honest, the teams in DP were attrocious with Flint being the worst for it.
Now for plot!

• It is discovered that Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are actually Ultra Beasts that have lost the energy that UB's are bathed in when they enter a wormhole. All three Pokemon have the ability to travel between dimensions so it would be fitting for them to be UB's.
  • When the 3 Pokemon pass through dimensions, they are bathed in energy that changes their form to their original state. These are the 'Origin Form's'. Giratina's form in the Distortion World is actually a form where it is bathed in the UB energy, causing transormation, similar situations happen to Dialga and Palkia.
  • Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf are the 3 guardians that can keep either time, space and anti-matter in balance depending on the presence of which legend. If the balance is upset, then it will wreck havoc.
  • So, Team Galactic wants to change the world, remove spirit, create an entirely new world with the use of Dialga/Palkia. They want to aquire the use of Orign Forme Dialga/Palkia to erase everything and 'reset it to zero'. With the use of the red chain, Cyrus is able to control the legendary Pokemon despite the fact that the presence of the pixies inhibit it. You, Cynthia and Looker head to Spear Pillar to take on Team Galactic.
  • After Cyrus loses power, he lashes out and takes you on for another battle. He uses his Platinum final battle team of Houndoom, Gyarados, Crobat, Honchkrow and 'Mega' Weavile.
  • After he loses, he's obviously angry. But darkness lures over and Giratina makes an appearance after the inbalance and kidnaps Cyrus. The portal to the Distortion World closes and nothing is heard from Cyrus. Dialga/Palkia can be taken on in their Origin Forms at Level 50.
  • During the post-game, it has been noted that portals with new and undiscovered Ultra Beasts have been opening around Sinnoh. After dealing with them all, it is soon discovered that the portal to the Distortion World has opened up in Turnback Cave. Go there and you discover the Griserus Orb. Leave and a portal to the Distortion World has opened at Speal Pillar which is causing the world to distort. You and Cynthia head there to investigate the situation. After going there, the pixies appear and the similar stuff that takes place in Platinum occurs.
  • Deep in the DW is Cyrus mulling around. He lashes out and challenges you to a final battle with higher levels and a Drapeon added to his team. After losing, he dissappears and you take on Giratina. It is level 70. After catching or defeating, you leave and the portal to the world closes. Giratina can be founf in its Altered Form in Turnback Cave if you defeat it.

Last edited:
I've actually never played the Generation 4 games, and know little to nothing about the Sinnoh region as a whole. In my opinion, with a few exceptions like the Luxray line, I find the Gen 4 Pokemon to be the most uninspired, adding ridiculous evolutions to pre-existing lines.

However, I also hadn't played Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald when Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby came out, and I did enjoy Alpha Sapphire. I would play a re-release of Diamond. Hopefully it'd change my mind about Sinnoh.

Back