• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How often do you beat your games?

TykiButterfree

Such a tease!
Bells
Fossil Easter Egg
Friday the 13th Candy
Spirit Candy: Pierrot
Spirit Candy: Wix
Christmas Candy
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
I am really bad at this. I love pointless random side quests and just running around exploring an over world. A lot of times I don't end up beating the main story. As soon as I unlocked multiplayer in Assassin's Creed and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, I pretty much never played the story anymore. I also didn't beat an Elite 4 in Pok?mon until Emerald. And that was only because I wanted to see the Battle Frontier. Sometimes I will go back to a game and beat it years later. Does anyone else play like this?

Often. I'm a completionist when it comes to games I really like.

This year I've beaten around ten games I believe and I've still got a backlog of games I keep meaning to go back to and finish off.

usually i dont move on until i finish it, especially if its pokemon

I try to beat most of the games I play at least once. Some, I'll even play multiple times to find all the secrets/unlock all the achievements, or try out choices I didn't make in previous playthroughs.

I normally never leave a game unfinished but it's oddly becoming more common for me now because I'm finding it harder dividing my free time. Also I've lost a lot of motivation to even start up some games, and I'm easily put off now, it really kills the experience for me. The biggest example I have of that happening is probably GTAV, I haven't touched that game in over a year and I don't think I'll ever finish single player at this point. Kind of sad, because I really enjoyed it at the time.

That being said, if it's a particular series that I'm frantic about then I will finish it to 100% completion.

I 'beat' a majority of the games I play at least once (well, at least those that can be finished).

The ones I drop without finishing are usually because they're crap. I'm selective with what I buy and know what I like though, so it's rare that I buy a game I end up hating.

I normally try to beat the game/earn all trophies or achievements even if it takes me a while due to time constraints.

I'm really terrible at finishing games. I think the last game I actually beat was Pokemon X. Otherwise I get up to halfway and usually lose interest ;A; Unless it's like a game like Civ, then I'll complete a game, but I suppose that's different~

Last edited:
There's been very few games that I actually didn't bother finishing. Then there's the ones like Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! which is impossible for a mere mortal to beat. T~T

I've been trying to be better about beating games before moving onto another. If anyone takes at look at my Backloggery, it's a shameful display of unbeaten games. I can thank trophy hunting, really nice sales, and less free time for all that. :(

Depends how much I enjoy the game. I enjoyed Bayonetta so much I find myself playing it again and again, trying to beat it faster and faster each time.

usually. anything I haven't finished has been barely started and I got uninterested. OTL

I'd say I finish my games pretty often. There are only a couple of games in my Steam library I haven't beat, but there's good reason for that. I think it's also worth noting that as much as I love the Legend of Zelda series, I have never actually finished a Zelda game.

IMG_20161212_175954.jpg
what are you trying to tell me, thread

a good 65%
other being games witout a real end (in most life simulators there's not an end)

Last edited:
I'd say I finish my games pretty often. There are only a couple of games in my Steam library I haven't beat, but there's good reason for that.

If we're counting Steam games I haven't finished, my completion rate drops to like 0.1%

A majority of it is crap I've never heard of that came bundled with the one game I actually wanted.

i usually beat a game only once, then never really play it again. the only exceptions to that that i remember atm are splatoon, super smash bros. brawl and luigi's mansion 2. even though i've beaten all three, they've given me plenty of fun things to do after i did it (mainly online multiplayer) that made me want to come back despite having beating them.

I try to finish all of my games, but I'll only complete games that are somewhat easy to complete or games that I loved enough to keep on coming back to it.

Back