• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you hate the USA?

SugardewVillage

안녕하세요!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I hate the USA, me living here with 1/4 of my family in Canada makes it worse because I hate it here they are so lucky to not live here and I hate when teachers say that you're lucky to live here, I don't think so, I don't belong here, I WILL get rid of my citizenship when I'm old enough to leave on my own, I'm luckier than lots of people (for example, people who live in Pakistan or Afghanistan or Venezuela) but I'm not lucky enough.

What's your opinion?

Last edited:
Depends on where you live in the US, every state is like its own country, also depends on if you live in the rich part of a town, or a poor part, America have huge diversity when it comes to income, so really it can be a great place to live, or a horrible place to live.
Personally I'd take Canada any day of the week, nicer people, health care etc, I'm from Denmark which is the happiest country on earth, and Canada is as if America had a child with Denmark so.

Depends on where you live in the US, every state is like its own country, also depends on if you live in the rich part of a town, or a poor part, America have huge diversity when it comes to income, so really it can be a great place to live, or a horrible place to live.
Personally I'd take Canada any day of the week, nicer people, health care etc, I'm from Denmark which is the happiest country on earth, and Canada is as if America had a child with Denmark so.

I hate it as a country, but if as a country it was different with better laws and healthcare and peaceful and safe, etc (more like Canada) I'd probably like it

I don't hate America per se, I just hate how people act like its the greatest country ever.

inb4 "don't like it, leave it" comments

Last edited:
I don't hate the US but to be honest I wouldn't want to live there.

Used to hate it when I was an edgy teenager but after wandering around overseas for 2 years I've come to appreciate it. Can't say I particularly care for what the federal government does though. Doesn't drastically effect my livelihood anyway and the state/city I live in now is overall a wonderful place so I rather enjoy living here.

I live in Detroit, and I hate it, if it was more like a Canadian I would like it

Grew up in Detroit proper and can safely say Ray is nothing like Detroit, or much like anything for that matter being it's the middle of nowhere. :p This will trigger Canadians but Canada isn't much unlike America when you boil it down.

Edit: With the exception of Qu?bec, which may as well be considered its own country.

Last edited:
I don't adore my country, but I certainly don't hate it. Every country has its pros and cons I'm sure.

Nope, I don't. However, there are aspects of our country I hate.

no country is perfect and i'm happy where i am
many people fought for us to have the lives we have so i'm grateful , i'm not entitled to anything and i was lucky to have been born in the u.s. compared to so many other countries that have it worse at the moment

I hate how Americans think they live in "America". You don't live in America, you live in the USA, lol. I also hate their way of thinking on some topics, but whatever.

The USA is a beautiful country and sometimes I do wish I was born there instead of Canada. It would have made my life much easier to be a native English speaker, instead of French... With all my luck, I have to live in the only place in America where the official language is French, lol...

I don't dislike my language, I LOVE it. Let's just say being born in the States would've given me an easier professional life. And no disgusting shipping costs on Amazon xD

I don't hate the country, I just hate a lot of the people in it. I hate that other countries see Americans as jokes. I've always been embarrassed to associate myself with this country.

I'm poor, I'm mentally ill, I have no health insurance, I'm disabled, I'm a woman, and I'm gay. A lot of the people in this country want me dead or institutionalized. On one of my worst pain days, I had to go to work and I couldn't walk without my crutches, and I was told by a woman wearing a Trump t-shirt (literally Trump's face slapped across her chest) that "people like me" shouldn't be out in public, that people shouldn't have to look at me because I'm so depressing. This same woman also verbally assaulted a blind man for accidentally touching her foot with his cane. I have a feeling that if I lived in Canada or some other part of the world, my outlook on life would be a lot brighter.

I hate how Americans think they live in "America". You don't live in America, you live in the USA, lol.

Isn't that technically correct though? I mean, the correct name for our country is The United States of America (USA), yes. But we live in the united states of... America. We live in America. Just individual states within the country. So, can't we still say we live in America? Is this way of thinking incorrect?

- - - Post Merge - - -

In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter to me what anyone calls it, but I am genuinely curious.

Back