• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you hate about Animal Crossing?

What annoys me the most:

Inside the house, you can place furniture 0.5 blocks anywhere like you can in ACHHD, I feel like this should've been changed in the Welcome Amiibo update. You can only move it a full block right or left. Would love for this to change.

This drives me bananas too. I hate that things cannot be centered over doors or when solo on top of furniture. It was so satisfying in HHD... sigh.

I also hate that there is no skipping through repetitive scripted interactions with the shopkeepers and other town facilities. When you have heard them say it thousands of times it's just... oh man....

Last edited:
I hate how much Pete nags when my other villagers have full mailboxes, or when Wisp talks- it feels like he keeps repeating the same things over again T~T then again I do run my shop. :(

Lack of interaction. You can't date villagers, you can't sit with them, you can't cheer them up when they're angry, they all act the same according to their personality type, they don't party with you, they barely even donate. I think more interaction should be the first thing in AC: Switch

Last edited:
I don't like the lack of mini games. Since you can get cars and things now, it would be cool if you could get a drivers license and use the car furniture to travel to towns, or even do weird road trip mini games where you make rest stops and possibly even meet villagers hitchhiking that you can get to move in. Or maybe I'm letting my imagination run too wild. But moar mini games plz.

I don't like the lack of mini games. Since you can get cars and things now, it would be cool if you could get a drivers license and use the car furniture to travel to towns, or even do weird road trip mini games where you make rest stops and possibly even meet villagers hitchhiking that you can get to move in. Or maybe I'm letting my imagination run too wild. But moar mini games plz.

I do wish we could use the cars and the scooters! I really enjoy the Desert Island Escape mini game but more would always be better. :)

Lack of interaction. You can't date villagers, you can't sit with them, you can't cheer them up when they're angry, they all act the same according to their personality type, they don't party with you, they barely even donate. I think more interaction should be the first thing in AC: Switch

Dating might be quite risky on Nintendo's part, but I guess it could work if done right. You can sit down with villagers when they are sitting on a bench though they rarely do that. Also in the GameCube game you can cheer up peppy and jock villagers when they are sad. As for everything else, I agree.

If they add cars that you can drive then the game should be fully 3D since it would be a pain to drive around with the rolling-log/ping effect. The idea kinda reminds me of Road Trip Adventure (Everywhere Road Trip/Choro Q HG2) on the PS2, a Car-PG (car RPG) where you can explore a huge map in full 3D and had a lot of minigames such as a drag-race, rock climbing and sliding door challenge.

how you can't take down pwps, how you can't decide where you want villagers to move, how useless the beach is and how there's nothing to do there and the fact that you can't put a bridge connecting the two beaches really pisses me off, the fact that each villager has the same set of lines and only special ones say differentiated things, and how isabelle never gets vacation

- Yes you can. You just have to talk to Isabelle and pay the demolition fee. The only PWPs that can't be taken away are the Cafe, Police Station, Camp Site, and Reset Center (and ofc, anything that goes on main street). If placement is an issue, then I would suggest getting your permanent villagers/dreamies first, doing your landscaping, and then building your PWPs around them.

- Yes you can control where villagers move. There's the reset trick (if you don't already have 4 files made/are willing to sacrifice a file) and with the new update, they're not supposed to move on top of paths.

- The beach is required for the following: diving for underwater creatures, some fish can only be caught there, planting bananas and coconuts which can house beetles (unless you like spending 1K bells needlessly to go to the island to do the same thing that can be done for free).

- I can agree with repetition of lines (which is why I don't go out of my way to talk to villagers on a regular basis) and that Isabelle needs a break sometimes.

I'd like to be able to save all of my letters, or at least a lot more of them.

I'd like to be able to group more items together in my pockets, not just fruit. (i.e., shells, furniture, clothing, fish, etc.)

I'd like to have larger pockets in general, even if they were an upgrade paid for with bells.

I'd like for tools/equipment to go in a special toolbox that doesn't use up pocket space.

I'd like to be able to request the stores in town to stock certain types of items. There's so much randomness and such a limited daily inventory that it can take months to collect all of the pieces for a single set - let alone the set I actually want! I'm liable to lose interest in the game before that happens. I'd like to be able to say, "Hey Timmy, I'm really interested in the minimalist style. Can you stock more items like that?" That would be fun!

I'd like the requirements for some of the badges to be reduced. I've had my New 3DS for over a year and I don't even understand what StreetPass is - but I have to connect with people 1,000 times on it to get a gold badge? That seems extremely unrealistic. Or pull 5,000 weeds? How am I supposed to do that when I've got the Beautiful Town Ordinance enacted? Even without the ordinance, you get 2 weeds a day. It spoils some of the fun in the game.

I'd like to be able to visit towns more easily. I don't have a lot of friends who have a 3DS or play New Leaf. I think it would be cool if Animal Crossing made it easier to connect with other players, but I'd also like to see some type of "public villages" that people could visit. The villages wouldn't belong to any real players, but could be visited by anyone at any time just to spend time and explore. Then anyone could travel out of their village even if they don't have friends who are playing the game.

That's not asking too much, is it? :)

- I can agree with options to stack more than fruit.

- I don't care much about letters (other than using them to hold items that don't fit in inventory/storage).

- The point of a game is to make it have some challenge, so that there's a sense of accomplishment. That means that not everything can be given to you on a silver platter. If you want to be that lazy, then join a share town with a full catalog or buy a set of furniture you want from the people on here. Once you have parts of a set, you can order it any time you want once Nookling's Emporium opens.

- I wouldn't even concern myself with Streetpass and badges and such, unless you're a completionist. You can't help if the people around you don't have 3DS. As for weeds, turn off Beautiful Town ordinance and be careful with time travel if you want to get more weeds faster.

- The game already has "public towns" to visit. It's called the Dream Suite and it's a PWP that will be set up on main street once complete. You probably already have it available if you've been playing for over a year. You can be given a random town to explore or you can input someone's dream code - plenty of dream codes to cool towns can be found online.

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about this. I agree, it's one of the worst things because it assumes that every player is white -_- There should at least be a tanning salon that keeps it permanent.

The game doesn't assume that someone is "white" or Caucasian - though I will agree that they should have made it a carry over mechanic from HHD (where you can choose what your character looks like). Keep in mind, the game is from Japan. For most East Asians, paleness of skin is a beauty standard as well as class symbol. The rich/powerful could afford to stay indoors while the poor worked in the fields. When the primary audience of a game is Japanese, it can take a while to present diversity. Look at how long it took to customize your character in the Pokemon franchise.

Ugly villagers moving in from people's voids when I have a space for my dreamies enrages me more than anything else...

Dunno if I've mentioned this before, but villagers randomly entering my house uninvited is EXTREMELY annoying. That feature needs to be removed. I only want villagers in my house when I want them to be in my house.

Dating might be quite risky on Nintendo's part

I was thinking like subtle hints. I think the part when you hand over Isabelle seashells when you first move in to your town is a great step in a kid friendly "I like her she likes me" type of interaction. I know AC is a children's game so it can't be much of a romance. I guess a simple "I kinda like you" and blushy faces here and there is good enough.

I was thinking like subtle hints. I think the part when you hand over Isabelle seashells when you first move in to your town is a great step in a kid friendly "I like her she likes me" type of interaction. I know AC is a children's game so it can't be much of a romance. I guess a simple "I kinda like you" and blushy faces here and there is good enough.

That would make a lot more sense. To be honest, I forgot that Isabelle has a crush on the player. Ha.

Well, there are a lot of things I don't like.

The fact that villagers don't move where you want them to. I know in the update if you add patterns they won't have their house there, but I mean actually choosing where to put them like in HHA. I love choosing where to put my own house and where to put specific projects so I can get my town looking how I want, but it's immediately ruined when my villagers are spread out everywhere. I'd love to just line up their houses into a neat li'l suburb like area, plus it will give me more space for more projects. Also, I hate it that they still can move where you just put a bunch of flowers.

Another one is that the villagers basically sweet-talk you, even when they're being obviously cold/mean/rude. I know this is probably because of the complaints over Ressetti awhile back (personally I loved his rants because I was a lonely kid), plus it's supposed to be for EVERYONE including kids. But still, I want them to show that they can get a bit mean and cruel...makes me feel like the theories about the characters in the series being just a bunch of cult child kidnappers is not so far-fetched.

I also hate the ordinances. Specifically, you can only have ONE currently enacted in your town. I'd love to have at least 2 ordinances, specifically the Bell Boom and Night Owl ordinances since I'm mostly up at night and I hate to time-skip to daytime just so I can sell some beetles and sharks at Re-Tail. This is why I often don't play, because all those time-skips just give me a lot of weeds. And gyroids.

I do kind of hate non-Bell currency (a.k.a.the island medals and canpground coupons), but I can understand why they exist. It makes it easier to not spend all your Bells, plus it helps keep people coming to the game to complete the island tours and daily initiatives. But the reason I hate it is because of that very reason...I can't use mah bells! T^T Plus, you can't even exchange Bells for medals or coupons. Glad you can exchange coupons, but I kind of wish they didn't allow it because I do want to save up for a few campsite items I want. It's just hard when I constantly run out of Bells and I'm too lazy to do the whole time-skip thing after I go to the island catching beetles/sharks for 2-3 hours.

Other than that, the rest are just tiny nitpicks that I often ignore and aren't that big enough to worry about as a whole.

I wish I could interact with villagers more. I get to attached to them, it would be cool to be able to do more.

In New Leaf, I dislike the lack of unique dialogue. The earlier games like Population Growing and Wild World had the best dialogue. I also miss Blathers' unique speeches whenever you donated something to the museum.

makes me feel like the theories about the characters in the series being just a bunch of cult child kidnappers is not so far-fetched..

I hate that damn theory. It's so lame and it keeps appearing in the suggested videos whenever I watch an AC-related video (thank goodness for video blocker so now I won't see it at all). I could go on a rant about how much I hate those theories (and almost every other theory in general) but I'm not going to.

When Isabelle says I can't put my pwp in a certain place
Or when I plant a bunch of trees somewhere & they all die. :'(

I hate it that I can't control where villagers put there plots at and the space issue whenever I ask Isabelle where I want to put a public works projects and put it there.

I also hate that I can't choose where villagers move! I know putting paths down is a thing, but I just don't feel like spending time doing that hahah. I just restarted my town and literally all the villagers' houses are cramped together in the top half of my map, and there's ONE single villager in the bottom half of my map.. Why...

I wish you could interact with the villagers more, sleepovers would be cool or maybe actually becoming roommates. Also wish you could have more than 10 villagers, with all the characters you'd think you'd be able to have more. also wish isabelle could interact more with the player

Last edited:
Back