• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you hate about Animal Crossing?

For me, it's the PWP rules in New Leaf. I had such great ideas for my main town, but Isabelle's like "Nooooooooo it's too close to this and that." Had to change up my ideas and compromise a bit. I hope that in the next game PWP rules will be less strict.

That cedar trees don't have a "seed/fruit" so I have to buy them to plant more. It's so dumb. I would make 80% of my trees cedar. Yeah, I get you can get them from other players. But I play the game by myself because I don't have internet at home.
I don't like how repetive the personalities are. After you meet 30 snootys I quit feeling like Yuka is a different person from Tiffy. Villagers stop feeling special in a way?
Golden tools in New Leaf. I didn't even know that game had a golden fishing rod or net at all till after I deleted my town. Why doesn't Isabelle give it to you?! She gives you the golden watering can.

It's just so many little things.
I think most of all just that we don't have a new animal crossing title yet. I get yes, we have an update. But for me it's not changing new leaf into a whole new experience. It's just more of the same. Don't get me wrong I like the update and appreciate it. It's just not a new game. Lol.

Last edited:
I don't like how big the Event Plaza is. Then it needs even more space between it and PWPs making a huge chunk of the village unusable. It is just so unnecessary. And also that the dialogue is based solely off of personality and not the individual villager themself.

I wish the villagers were more interactive. They never have anything interesting to say like they did in the GamCube version.

i agree with this.

i also hte how little events there are now; i wish there was more interactive events

how you can't take down pwps, how you can't decide where you want villagers to move, how useless the beach is and how there's nothing to do there and the fact that you can't put a bridge connecting the two beaches really pisses me off, the fact that each villager has the same set of lines and only special ones say differentiated things, and how isabelle never gets vacation

Region-exclusive holidays and items, limited-time online distribution items, and now amiibo-locked items...

Basically, I'd really like it if I could acquire/earn all of the items in the game myself. Even with online trading it can be hard to acquire everything just because there's so many of those things.

I'd like to be able to save all of my letters, or at least a lot more of them.

I'd like to be able to group more items together in my pockets, not just fruit. (i.e., shells, furniture, clothing, fish, etc.)

I'd like to have larger pockets in general, even if they were an upgrade paid for with bells.

I'd like for tools/equipment to go in a special toolbox that doesn't use up pocket space.

I'd like to be able to request the stores in town to stock certain types of items. There's so much randomness and such a limited daily inventory that it can take months to collect all of the pieces for a single set - let alone the set I actually want! I'm liable to lose interest in the game before that happens. I'd like to be able to say, "Hey Timmy, I'm really interested in the minimalist style. Can you stock more items like that?" That would be fun!

I'd like the requirements for some of the badges to be reduced. I've had my New 3DS for over a year and I don't even understand what StreetPass is - but I have to connect with people 1,000 times on it to get a gold badge? That seems extremely unrealistic. Or pull 5,000 weeds? How am I supposed to do that when I've got the Beautiful Town Ordinance enacted? Even without the ordinance, you get 2 weeds a day. It spoils some of the fun in the game.

I'd like to be able to visit towns more easily. I don't have a lot of friends who have a 3DS or play New Leaf. I think it would be cool if Animal Crossing made it easier to connect with other players, but I'd also like to see some type of "public villages" that people could visit. The villages wouldn't belong to any real players, but could be visited by anyone at any time just to spend time and explore. Then anyone could travel out of their village even if they don't have friends who are playing the game.

That's not asking too much, is it? :)

I agree with most on the repetitive dialogue.
After a while, the villagers seem a bit less alive and interacting with them can become more tedious than fun.

I also think it'd be nice if there were more personalities as well, which could add more diverse dialogue.

One thing that comes to mind right away is how you have to tan to get a dark skin tone, which eventually fades anyways. I don't go through that problem personally but others do and I feel really bad for them.

One thing that comes to mind right away is how you have to tan to get a dark skin tone, which eventually fades anyways. I don't go through that problem personally but others do and I feel really bad for them.

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about this. I agree, it's one of the worst things because it assumes that every player is white -_- There should at least be a tanning salon that keeps it permanent.

I hate that they made the cranky villagers so 'friendly.
I also I hate that the pwp / planing bush / or trees I have planned in mind doesn't work out. )<

today I discovered what really don't like
the objects placement limit in a room

I agree with the repetitive dialogue thing, it's also annoying when villagers still bring up their old towns. I've had Skye for over a year and she still brings it up.

Same as op. Plot resetting is a chore and I dread it, just let me pick where a villager can put their house. Unlocking PWPs, too. I've wasted so much time doing the diving trick just to get pinged random garbage not related to PWPs.

That you can't have more than 10 villagers in your town at a time :(

Last edited:
To those who are saying you can't place your villager where you want - It has changed in the Welcome Amiibo update.
It may be a chore to get your villagers into certain places, but once you're done, you will be SO glad you went through all the effort. It took a while for me, but now my villagers are in perfect places and I love it so much!

What annoys me the most:

Inside the house, you can place furniture 0.5 blocks anywhere like you can in ACHHD, I feel like this should've been changed in the Welcome Amiibo update. You can only move it a full block right or left. Would love for this to change.

I hate how early stores close. I'm a night owl, so most shops and villagers are out for the day while I'm playing. And I'm not a huge fan of messing with the time, so eh. The randomness of getting the PWPs really annoys me too. I've gotten a grand total of, like, 10, and most of them look really stupid...

I despise the lack of pattern storage, having ten slots per character is really annoying. Also, the eight character limit for names bugs me. Thank goodness that mine is exactly eight.

amiibo. I can't stand pay-to-play items within games that I've already payed for. It's one of the reasons I won't even give games like Lego Dimensions or Disney Infinity a chance.

Back