What do you hate about Animal Crossing?

You can control where they move now. With the update, villagers will no longer move on paths. I just placed patterns randomly throughout my town and made sure I left 3x3 empty spaces where I wanted my villagers. I got all my villagers where I wanted to within just a few hours of playing.

I don't really hate anything from Animal Crossing but I wish the town was bigger and that there were more PWPs like the cafe and police station to place around town.

I wish the villagers were more interactive. They never have anything interesting to say like they did in the GamCube version.

You can control where they move now. With the update, villagers will no longer move on paths. I just placed patterns randomly throughout my town and made sure I left 3x3 empty spaces where I wanted my villagers. I got all my villagers where I wanted to within just a few hours of playing.

I don't really hate anything from Animal Crossing but I wish the town was bigger and that there were more PWPs like the cafe and police station to place around town.
But they can move on flower gardens....

- - - Post Merge - - -

But they can move on flower gardens....

I really love the series as it's my favourite video game series of all time (even after having a bad installment that we do not talk about). But I will say that it's not perfect. The feature I hate the most is grass deterioration, simply because it can turn a beautiful town into a bland desert. It was introduced in City Folk though I can respect it there as it was merely just an experiment. Monolithsoft, the developers of Animal Crossing, thought it was a good idea to bring it back in New Leaf though! What were they thinking?! Sure they toned it down but it's still a pain. If they ever do bring it back (I hope not) they should make it so that if Beautiful Town Ordinance is chosen, the grass will regenerate health much quicker and grass will never deteriorate. Another feature that I hate is 'pinging' in New Leaf. Now stay with me here: it can be useful if a villager wants to move out BUT, it can also be really annoying. First off, a villager may only ping again around 1 to 10 minutes after pinging for the first time. This is annoying because they might ping you just to say useless information. Second, if one villager pings they will prevent another villager from pinging. This is especially annoying if you want to move out a villager and you require them to ping you but instead another villager pings you right before so you have to wait what seems like forever just for the desired villager to ping you. These 2 features need to be fixed or removed in the next installment.

Your dream villagers moving out and then someone wanting to take their place...

Looking at you, Pate... You will never replace Aurora!

Some people say that the GCN games had more dialog than the others. That isn't true. In fact, most of the time I talk to my villagers in my GCN towns they always say the same stuff such as "It's not like I always have interesting things to talk about" or "Sunny days make me happy!" (that was the WHOLE ENTIRE CONVERSATION, just one line of dialog and then the conversation ended). After playing New Leaf for quite a while, I noticed that there seems to be a lot more dialog in New Leaf than in the GCN games.

I hate that you have to wait for villagers to suggest a PWP. It could be months before I'm finally able to get a bell or a streetlight in my town.

i hate the watered down personalities in the newer games. in the gamecube version they really felt alive

the grass wear as well, not being able to plant thing wherever you please

i hate the watered down personalities in the newer games. in the gamecube version they really felt alive

the grass wear as well, not being able to plant thing wherever you please

The cranky villagers are no longer true to their name nowadays. But I disagree with you on how they felt more 'alive' in the GameCube game. In the GCN game, they walk in circles to get around objects which causes them to sometimes get stuck between the fence and the sign of a house (they will constantly spin around). Not to mention that the dialog in the GCN game is actually much more repetitive than in later games (you wouldn't want to know the amount of times I heard "It's not like I always have anything interesting to talk about...", "Sunny days are the best!" and "Please take me to another village the next time you travel, please!").

Some people say that the GCN games had more dialog than the others. That isn't true. In fact, most of the time I talk to my villagers in my GCN towns they always say the same stuff such as "It's not like I always have interesting things to talk about" or "Sunny days make me happy!" (that was the WHOLE ENTIRE CONVERSATION, just one line of dialog and then the conversation ended). After playing New Leaf for quite a while, I noticed that there seems to be a lot more dialog in New Leaf than in the GCN games.

I agree dialogue isn't always fresh on any version, but the GCN personalities were a lot more extreme. I loved it because I wrote in my diary in my home in town about characters that I hated and liked and made up storylines. Similar to what I'd do in the albums for my families on Sims Deluxe when I was younger.

I agree dialogue isn't always fresh on any version, but the GCN personalities were a lot more extreme. I loved it because I wrote in my diary in my home in town about characters that I hated and liked and made up storylines. Similar to what I'd do in the albums for my families on Sims Deluxe when I was younger.

Yep, they were more extreme. And I think diaries really should be brought back.

Also, one time I had Bob trying to enter his house but he was stuck between the fence and sign on his house and he pretty much just spun around for the next 10 minutes so I had to leave the acre and come back for the AI to fix itself. It's a common issue in old 3D early 2000's games such as GTA 3/Vice City, The Simpsons Hit & Run and of course Animal Crossing.

I 'hate' that there's so much randomness in this game. It already starts at the beginning of the game: map layout, fruit choice, but also PWP suggests, pings in general, placement of villager houses etc.. Of course having random stuff is fun, but in most cases you get an undesirable result..

Back