• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you hate about Animal Crossing?

i don't like that villagers can only wear sleeveless shirts. i would love to see long-sleeve shirts, t-shirts, dresses, hats and scarves or other accessories on them... and to see them change clothes with the seasons! fur isn't THAT warm all the time lol

I hate the grass deterioration mechanic, at least give us grass seeds or something :/

I hate how hard permanent rocks make it to work around them sometimes simply cause we can't build anything or plant trees right next to them.

I feel like the dialogue is super watered down, and all of my villagers are way too happy go lucky, even the snooties and grumpies!

I feel like the dialogue is super watered down, and all of my villagers are way too happy go lucky, even the snooties and grumpies!

DUDE, super agree! One of the best things about ACGC was the personalities. It was just so heartwarming to see my crankys go from, "I WANT TO WAVE YOUR HEAD ON A PIKE" to "you're a brat, but you're MY brat." It made it feel so much more special. Honestly, the writing is my biggest complaint with ACNL in general; true, it's intended for kids who are probably too young to really care about the flavor of the dialogue, but still, some of my favorite memories are how utterly brutal the crankys and snootys could be. The other personalities were much more memorable, too... they felt, I don't know, somehow more genuine, like they were actually just little (animal)people. New Leaf dialogue is just so dull sometimes.

I remember talking to Hopper in the dead of night in ACGC and he said something like, "You're still awake, huh? [SUB]Psycho.[/SUB]" It still makes me laugh. I miss that.

The dialogue is very limited and the villagers don't really act as their personality (most noticeable in snooty and cranky) and I wish they acted as they did in the GameCube version. I also really hate grass deterioration which is in the 2 most recent animal crossing titles. It's especially bad in city folk and it drives me insane with a town full of dirt.

it would be cool if they acc replied to the letters we send them properly instead of having an automatic reply which can just be a normal reply to like any letter ;-;

definitely the dialogue. it's so boring and repetitive. also that you can only send your friends letters when you're in their town

The catchphrase copying can be annoying. Honestly, when a peppy villager has a catchphrase of something along the lines of "hun," sweetie," ect. and then a cranky villager (imagine Rasher) starts saying it, it gets creepy. It's just weird in general when the catchphrase doesn't suit the character.

I hate the whole thing about villagers moving out when you haven't given them permission. They really should change that imo.

the other thing i hate is how one rotten person can spoil a trip to Tortimer's Island for everyone by hitting their wifi switch-- that should be eliminated so that the other players dont get disconnected when somebody does that.

the other thing i hate is how one rotten person can spoil a trip to Tortimer's Island for everyone by hitting their wifi switch-- that should be eliminated so that the other players dont get disconnected when somebody does that.

But then there are people who act annoyingly on the Island to the point where they block the enterance and the only way to escape is through hitting the switch, and the New 3DS doesn't even have the switch.

Yeah controlling where their house lands would be great. I don't bother with plot resetting.

I hate how friendly cranky and snootys are now :/ I miss having to slowly befriending them and their rude comments as such

I think New Leaf is an amazing game but I have some quarrels with it that usually ends up with me quitting the game after a month.

I don't think there's enough dialogue in the game. Its really irritating. I really hope they at least double how much dialogue there is for each personality. This should be like one of the easiest things to make for the game and yet, I always feel like its lacking. And as someone said earlier, unique dialogue for villagers would be nice. Kid Cat, for example, could talk about his life as a superhero.

The watered down personalities always depress me. They were good in WW and GCN (idk anything about CF) but I know they are downright terrible in NL. At least cranky and snooty are. The rest are okay. Cranky villagers need to go back to being rude and insulting and yelling at you. That was always fun. Snooty villagers should only be concerned about themselves and verbally think they are better than you.

I was never a fan of how they handled Resetti in NL. I understand why they did it but I don't think it was necessary. And idk how intense he got in NL but I hope he's crazy in the next game.

Finally, plot resetting was a pain in the butt and it made the game unenjoyable for me but it stressed me out having villagers move in whenever and ruin my flowers and trees and ruining my plans for my town. I see the update included a workaround by not letting them land on paths but that's not good enough. Especially for plot resetting in the beginning of the game. They should have also protected flowers and trees. I kinda liked those tutorial signs in the previous games because at least you knew where villagers would move to. Even though they were very out of place. I hope for some sort of lot assignment in the next game.

Also I want a bigger town. New Leaf is too small.

I love this game dearly, but for a player who has played new leaf for over 4 years, the repetitive dialogue gets bland :c I also dislike the lack of longer villager hairstyles, because almost all of my characters or self-inserts ALWAYS have long hair. I get that it might have been hard to animate or code in but I'd really like that.
I also don't really like how little of space there is to put pwps, and I wish a bridge could be built on the beach to link both beach sides.

Also, villagers moving out if you haven't played before asking you. I cried when I came back and Diana left my town, dreamies moving away is really really sour.

Last edited:
Back