What do you hate about Animal Crossing?

Overall, I love the game and everything about it but if I had to choose a few things I don't like, it would:
1. I don't like how the dialect sometimes can be so long especially if they are repetitive like Blathers when you donate something or assess a fossil. I wanted to assess a fossil but accidentally clicked on donating and so he went on and on. I know we can click "B" to make it faster but still it is not fast enough for me lol.

2. I don't like how you can place the trees right next to each other. I know sometimes this may not seem necessary but even with my Smurfs Village, I like placing trees right next to it each other. It makes it look like the area is filled more.

I hate it whenever I need/want to donate stuff to Blathers because I have to go through his blabbering again. Same with Redd when I buy lucky tickets during fireworks event (August).

It bugs me with how little personality types there are, like I understand there's 300+ villagers, but come on? Only 6 different kinds? It makes all the villagers almost seem like one, especially when you have two of the same types in your village, they're practically the same.

I also wish the towns were bigger and would love to have more than 10 villagers, but that aspect is understandable since the DS can only do so much. I would love to see AC come to the Wii U or Switch, though! I'm sure they would allow for the maps to be a lot more
roomy :0

Like many other people I find getting the PWPs requested a pain as well, so I wish they were more frequent or something.

I hate when the villager put his house EVERYWHERE and I hate that you can't control when they move out too... ;-;

i know its really stupid and picky and shouldnt matter but i hate how the game leaves things unanswered a lot of times. like when villagers say its cold out and they'll bundle up next time, i wanna see them in a goddamn sweater and scarf bundled up. when i visit a villagers house i wanna see them doing something other than standing around looking off into space. what are they doing??? and why are you guys always out of baked alaska or these overly fancy foods ive never even heard of? WHERE ARE THE PHONES STOP RUNNING UP TO ME IF YOU WANNA COME OVER TEXT ME ........................................JESUS

I hate how Cedar trees only grow on the north side of town in New Leaf. It's not like my town is an entire planet....I just want some aesthetically pleasing trees for my town, but NOPE.

How easy it is to change the wrong date, i.e. month instead of day. Just intended to go ahead to 6AM tomorrow but instead I mistakenly changed the month to Jan. Now my characters hair is wrecked and Plucky has plotted in, of course, the WORST spot despite puttings patterns all over the place. Sounds petty but it's at these times I feel like quitting, since all my weeks of prep keep going down the drain at the single wrong push of a button.

Last edited:
Resetti. If I want to reset my game then i'm going to. It's my game I can do what I want. And he is way to mean, so no Resetti center in my NL town haha.

Last edited:
Resetti. If I want to reset my game then i'm going to. It's my game I can do what I want. And he is way to mean, so no Resetti center in my NL town haha.

He's barely mean in New Leaf, except for when you visit him in the Reset Center (which rarely happens, as the Reset Center is closed on almost every day of the year).

Once you get all of the shops it becomes slowly boring.. then you get AC manic and play for like a couple weeks nonstop then you get bored again

I hate how bad the game can make you feel for not playing for a while! Not so much of an issue for me now, but it used to make me feel genuinely guilty back when I played City Folk religiously

Lack of diversity in villager dialogue always bugs me. It's annoying when you have two of the same type, and they say similar things a lot.

Back