• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Explain this game

acornavenue

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1192-7505-8618
New Horizons Token
Pear (Fruit)
I have seen videos of the game and yeah it looks fun being able to make peoples homes and other things. Honestly is it even any fun? I would want to be able to play the game on my own like you do in new leaf. can someone just explain this more to be and tell me what i am missing cause i feel like im missing a huge chunk of the game that everyone is playing and im just confused. isnt there an ending to the game? i thought i saw that once.

It's fun if you like that kind of stuff. Some people don't like it because it's repetitive and villagers will be happy regardless of what you do. But if you like decorating homes and having a lot of furniture available, as well as interacting with things in ways you can't in ACNL for the purpose of screenshots and such, you would probably like it. I enjoy it, though I don't play every day. The game has you develop a town and when you're done there's a celebration and credits, but you can continue playing beyond that. It's really not something I can say IT'S FUN! Or IT SUCKS! It's up to you if you like it or not once you actually play it and see what it's like.

Whether you find it fun or not really depends on your personal taste. Many people find it fun, and many people don't. It's one of those games that's for a very specific audience. Personally I love Happy Home Designer, but it's not one of those games that you don't play everyday, maybe when you first buy it but after awhile you kind of loose your artistic drive. (Or maybe that's just me idk I'm a perfectionist). The whole point of the game is in the title, you just design villagers homes! If you're looking for something more, or don't enjoy it that much that you'd want to spend $40 on a game I don't recommend picking it up. There is no ending to the game

Last edited:
I don't focus on the design aspect much in New Leaf, so I don't find it too fun. The villagers love the house no matter what you do as long as you use the items they want you to.

They still like it even if you don't use the items I think. Honestly it is what it is, designing homes. It's personally not my cup of tea even though the design aspect is my favourite part of New Leaf. I think this is because the items are unlocked so easily, it doesn't give you the same satisfaction as it does when you finally gather all the pieces to create that perfect room in ACNL. <3 However, if you love designing rooms like me but unlike me hate to gather all the pieces, HHD is perfect for you because there is literally not a limit to what you can do. In all honesty it's a really good and well designed game, you just need to decide for yourself wether you like it or not.

Last edited:
You design rooms.

That's it.

You unlock more items, the more houses and buildings you design so it gives you more items quicker than buying them in New Leaf.

I like the game but you definitely cannot binge play it. XD

I think it's kind of a meditation game. My mom plays it right before she goes to bed. Since you don't get scored, it's just really pleasant for her. She has fun putting rooms together how she wants, and there are no consequences. So yeah, if you're an intense story gamer, this is not gonna be entertaining, probably. I haven't bought it yet because I'm afraid I'll get bored and have wasted my money. But my mom absolutely loves it. It also gives you the opportunity to use furniture that you might never use in the real game, for characters with eclectic tastes. That does sound fun to me. And the design tools are more robust than in-game. I totally get the appeal, just am not sure if it's right for me.

It's not for everyone and it appeals to a niche demographic. What you see is what you get: You create an interior space for easy-to-please villagers where the only rule is "incorporate specific items." If you're thinking about picking it up, then I would suggest buying it used at a reduced price (40-60% less than retail). I personally enjoy the game, but it's not worth full retail price, imho.

There's less freedom to do what you want like there is in New Leaf. You don't so much wander around the town as you get on a car and visit the villagers. There are fun, specific things you can do but most of the focus is on decorating and creating places. Whether it's good or not depends on what you enjoy. You can always look at a list of features and maybe some gameplay videos before deciding.

Don't worry I feel exactly the same, when this first came out I had pre-ordered it and everything. Once i finally had it I played it for maybe 6 hours max in total and I've never looked at it again despite the fact I play NL everyday. I think it was trying to branch out of the "normal" AC playing style & unfortunately Nintendo just didn't quiet hit the nail on the head...
Lets see how the iPhone app thing goes...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Don't worry I feel exactly the same, when this first came out I had pre-ordered it and everything. Once i finally had it I played it for maybe 6 hours max in total and I've never looked at it again despite the fact I play NL everyday. I think it was trying to branch out of the "normal" AC playing style & unfortunately Nintendo just didn't quiet hit the nail on the head...
Lets see how the iPhone app thing goes...

Back