New DLC (post update)

lclcola

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1295-3124-7721
The Nintendo website mentions that DLC is purchasable on the eShop for ACNL. There isn't any yet that I know of but does anyone have any further details on this? My previous 3DS was stolen along with all my ACNL progress which was literally since midnight on launch day to present day. So I'd love it if there's a way to get back all those non-orderable DLCs.

Here the link:
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/animal-crossing-new-leaf-3ds#dlc

ACNLWADLC.jpg

UGH. With the online trading, cheat devices, duping, etc.. there is no reason to pay for items. Nothing in this game should require extra money.

Honestly, I'd rather them keep updating this game rather than forcing us all to buy a new one so I'm happy to see these announcements. I'm cheap lmao.

I just want the option. If you don't wanna pay for them, then just keep doing what you do. I would like the ease of a simple .99 - 2.99 USD purchase. I would like Nintendo to make money off of this franchise, they certainly deserve it.

I don't understand why people are opposed to DLC??? DLC literally means "Downloadable Content" this includes both free and paid content as long as its downloadable.

edit: The DLC that the link is referring to is the Amiibo Update, which is free.

Last edited:
Wait tho. Is there actually any DLC on the eShop for New Leaf? I haven't checked but I wouldn't mind if it was the Japan exclusives finally being released in the west.

I don't understand why people are opposed to DLC??? DLC literally means "Downloadable Content" this includes both free and paid content as long as its downloadable.

edit: The DLC that the link is referring to is the Amiibo Update, which is free.

It would be odd to mention DLC on the Welcome Amiibo page if the DLC is Welcome Amiibo, don't ya think?

Plus, it shows some previous deliverables from the post office in the picture.

Last edited:
Is all the DLC in that picture? Because I have all of those anyway. Why is Nintendo releasing those specifically again?

It would be odd to mention DLC on the Welcome Amiibo page if the DLC is Welcome Amiibo, don't ya think?

Plus, it shows some previous deliverables from the post office in the picture.

It's strange. But when you click the "View DLC" it takes you to this page:

0a828d61edbe5fcef4b2a505a74b9900.png

And this page is full of things like "Already Own Animal Crossing? Learn about the New Update!" "Now With 100% More Amiibo" "Free Update Available" It's basically a page for the Welcome Amiibo update.

I'm guessing that once new DLC comes out the "View DLC" link will take you to a different page, but with the Welcome Amiibo DLC being the newest DLC the page its still taking you to the "default Welcome Amiibo" page. The Nookling brothers could just be their default DLC image.

Last edited:
Wouldn't read into the purchasing part... that is just their boilerplate text for DLC on game pages. It wasn't written explicitly for AC. See Pikmin 3's page, the same copy word for word:

Expand this game with DLC.
This game has downloadable content (DLC) available, so you can keep the fun going!

You can purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop on your device.
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pikmin-3-wii-u

As an aside, interesting that folks in this thread would decry them adding paid DLC when that's what the amiibo support already is.

Back