Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Wild World worth picking up for the dialogues?

Bells
    3DS
    1418-7190-8464
    Items: Red RoseRed TulipYellow CosmoWhite CosmoRed CosmoCakeOrange (Fruit)Pear (Fruit)CakeCakeCake
    They are definitely more animated, but on another note you'll memorize every dialogue in the game and talking to villagers is not as fun.

おいでよ

とびだせ

Resetti saved me! AnimalCrossingPerson's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    0920-1855-4808
    Switch
    0000-0000-0000
    NN ID
    ACCF info = ACWW
    Items: Gold Super MailboxYellow Candy
Gift received at 10-29-2016, 08:57 PM from Woods Expedition GuideSilver MailboxMailboxAvatar AnimationAvatar Width ExtensionUser Title Color Change
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeElf View Post
    They are definitely more animated, but on another note you'll memorize every dialogue in the game and talking to villagers is not as fun.
    Also happens with New Leaf. If anything, some characters such as Blathers have many, many more unique lines.

Desmond the Trash Dove loves The Switch Club.

Honestly NO. It's definitely the worst AC game in my opinion.

Bells
    3DS
    0662-7293-9099
    Items: January Birthstone (Garnet)Tasty CakeTasty CakeTasty Cake
    Quote Originally Posted by Videoguy612 View Post
    Honestly NO. It's definitely the worst AC game in my opinion.
    You mean worst main-series game? There's a spin-off we don't talk about.

I'm personally not too invested in Wild World, though it looks good and spawned a brilliant movie that was somehow better than the game it was based on (Wild World, not the series as a whole). The villagers are very mean in this game compared to the others though, even more than in the GameCube game (I once saw someone get a bottled note from Gracie that called the player a redneck, and I heard that villagers may call another villager 'sexist' during conversation. Dunno if that last one is true but if it is then... WTF?!). I don't mind the fact that the villagers were toned down in later games since this game might make you hate your favourite villagers but what does bother me is that the cranky villagers no longer stay true to their name (I'm alright with toned down snooty villagers). The music is really good and was carried over to City Folk/Let's Go to the City. This game began the second generation of Animal Crossing (which is Wild World and City Folk) and introduced the rolling-log effect. I've noticed that the game is a bit slower compared to other games (villagers walk MUCH slower and the framerate is poor even for the DS). There is no Z axis at all so there aren't any cliffs and the worst part is that there are no holidays such as Halloween and Toy Day (events still exist but those aren't 'holidays'). The models are the exact same ones from generation 1 (N64/GCN era) excluding the player model which has been upgraded and looks a thousand times better. The textures are also improved over the original ones but it's hard to notice due to lack of anti-aliasing. I would recommend this game if you absolutely adore the series or if you are a collector however I don't recommend it if you want to play it daily since it's a bit dated and obsolete. If you do plan on getting it then just watch out for the game's fanbase: it's terrible.
    Last edited by NinelivesBobcat; 12-08-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Town Information

I got WW for free yesterday... So, maybe I should try and start a town even if some here say i shouldnt? XD

Bells
    3DS
    2337-3141-3139
    Quote Originally Posted by lykkelille View Post
    I got WW for free yesterday... So, maybe I should try and start a town even if some here say i shouldnt? XD
    It kept me busy for over a year before I got bored. If you think you'll enjoy it for a while, then go for it.

I joined TBT on December 25th, 2015, around 4:30 PM EST.