Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Wild World worth picking up for the dialogues?

Is Wild World worth picking up for the dialogues?

NL is my first AC game, and I love it to bits, but the conversations feels a bit too repetititive sometimes and I've heared that WW has a lot deeper villager personalities/interactions?
    Is it worth playing this old game for those daily smiles of getting to know the villagers and not landscaping as much as in NL?
    I've heared that the crankies are super mean in this game, and I would really like that XD

The crankies and snooties aren't anywhere near as mean as the ACGC ones, but they have an edge to them XD. Ultimately I don't think you should. The only people who can play ACWW after NL are those who played an older installment before NL (regardless of whether it's ACGC, WW or CF), since NL pampers you quite a bit I do not think you'll be satisfied with WW, though it's a great game. I still play it occasionally because I grew up with it and ACGC.

In general having to water flowers, no PWPs, less villagers, no QR codes, no more wifi, etc. you probably won't enjoy it sadly. However it's only $10 for WiiU VC and if you don't think that's a lot of money or have it on hand then I would recommend at least checking it out. It truly is a great game it's just limited due to New Leaf. I believe it could have a lot of what New Leaf had but it doesn't because it didn't want to. In 2005 the series was just different, Nintendo didn't want a game like New Leaf so they didn't make one if you understand what I mean.

All in all it's a great game but you might be too pampered from NL (not that that's a bad thing), but if you think you'd be okay without the aforementioned features then check it out!

Bells
    3DS
    2337-3141-3139
    Yes, very. This is a big reason why I played WW. It perfected the GCN dialogue formula. I highly recommend it. Just make sure you have one of each personality in your town, I haven't had a peppy in that game for ages.

Join my giveaway for huge prizes!: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showth...17#post7657117

Hahahah, I emulated the GC AC. I see what you mean now XD

Bells
    3DS
    2337-3141-3139
    I forgot to mention this, but the special characters are at their best in Wild World. There's so much dialogue and backstories to discover.

Join my giveaway for huge prizes!: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showth...17#post7657117

Settle it in Smash~ LittleMissPanda's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    4914-2706-4002
    Tasty Cake
Gift received at 11-20-2015, 08:44 PM from Laudine
    Why would Nintendo soften the crankies and snooties in NL we will never know...

inb4 AC Switch @ E3 2018! AnimalCrossingPerson's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    0920-1855-4808
    Switch
    0000-0000-0000
    NN ID
    ACCF info = ACWW
    Poptart Easter EggGold Super MailboxYellow Candy
Gift received at 10-29-2016, 08:57 PM from Woods Expedition GuideSilver MailboxMailboxAvatar AnimationAvatar Width ExtensionUser Title Color Change
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissPanda View Post
    Why would Nintendo soften the crankies and snooties in NL we will never know...
    A couple mothers were too sensitive about Resetti, so they probably decided to soften others as well.

I think Wild World has some great dialogue, but it can take ages to hear from some characters such as Blathers and Tom Nook.

I see that the graphics are horrible. Do you have to spend time farming/decorating in this? I kind of want it for the personalities only

Is the gc version better than WW?
    Last edited by lykkelille; 11-30-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Bells
    3DS
    4527-7530-2412
    NN ID
    awesomeelle2001
    Red LilyWhite LilyPear (Fruit)Tasty CakeBell CorrectionCollectible Correction
    Wild world was the first Animal Crossing game I ever played and it was really amazing...back then. I've had new leaf for 3 years now and went on to Wild World a couple of months ago. I loved the dialogue but it wasn't the same. Aside from the terrible graphics (which some people don't mind), it was just different as I was so used to New Leaf. I just felt restricted by the gameplay available in WW in comparison to NL.
    Still though, I definitely recommend trying it out, it's a great game, just don't expect more than new leaf.
    Last edited by awesomeelle2001; 11-30-2016 at 01:44 AM.

inb4 AC Switch @ E3 2018! AnimalCrossingPerson's Avatar
    Bells
    3DS
    0920-1855-4808
    Switch
    0000-0000-0000
    NN ID
    ACCF info = ACWW
    Poptart Easter EggGold Super MailboxYellow Candy
Gift received at 10-29-2016, 08:57 PM from Woods Expedition GuideSilver MailboxMailboxAvatar AnimationAvatar Width ExtensionUser Title Color Change
    Quote Originally Posted by lykkelille View Post
    I see that the graphics are horrible. Do you have to spend time farming/decorating in this? I kind of want it for the personalities only

Is the gc version better than WW?
    The GameCube and DS versions have their pros and cons.

You don't have to spend any time decorating or farming, but good luck having flowers in your town as they need watering just about every day.

The low frame rate may give you a headache, or at the least be unpleasant to look at. It runs at about 20fps but can dip lower, especially when three villagers are on the screen at once. It's worse on R4 cards but potentially not as bad in good emulators. No idea about Virtual Console. I'd say it's quite impressive they got Animal Crossing running on a DS.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, um... there's one little thing I forgot to mention about Wild World. Fruit sells for 100 Bells or 500 Bells depending on if its local or foreign. You can store 15 fruit in your inventory. The only alternative for making money to pay off that loan is via the stalk market. Go figure.