GingerGypsy

Hylian Swim Champ
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
After searching the internet for a guide for breeding Red Roses, I came across a lot of conflicting instructions and combinations. I did a thorough experiment, and below is the only proven combination that will produce the elusive Blue Rose. All other suggested combinations were tested over a period of three months (Time Travel) with no results.

Step 1.
Head to a section of beach that is far away from any villager house. This needs to be a section where you've never seen a villager. The reason for this is because villagers will plant random flowers, and you need a very specific flower in order to get the results you want.

Step 2.
Gather up one Orange Rose and one Purple Rose and plant them side by side on your private section of beach.(a lot of people prefer a diagonal placement, but I've had quicker results using the side-by-side placement)

Step 3.
Water both flowers. (add fertilizer if you wish)

Step 4.
Wait until the next day. (or Time Travel to the next day for your results)

Step 5.
If these two flowers produced a *Red Rose, pick it up and keep it separate from all other Red Roses. This one is your *Hybrid.

Step 6.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have two of these Hybrid Red Roses.

Step 7.
Place the two Hybrid Red Roses together and water them.

Step 8.
Wait until the next day. (or Time Travel to the next day for your results)
After an uncertain amount of attempts, this combination will absolutely result in a Blue Rose.
Keep trying. If you followed these instructions, you will get a Blue Rose, they just take time.

{Recap: Orange + Purple = *Red,... then *Red + *Red= Blue}

Note:

:mad:It is VERY important that your flowers be kept in a secure place, otherwise, there's no way to know if the Red that's spawned is due to a villager planting it. The very best place is a section of beach that you have to swim to. If that's not an option, pick a section that is far away from a ramp and does not have any villager houses nearby. If you've ever seen a villager on that part of the beach, pick a different spot.

:cool:A Hybrid Red spawned from Orange and Purple parents is the only combination that was proven to produce these results. ** per Ehingen Guy, your success rate may be increased if you use an Orange parent that was grown from other Oranges, and a Purple parent that was grown from other Purples**

:(Any Reds produced from a different combination will not work-
example: The two Hybrid Reds that you are using end up producing another Red- this is NOT usable. The Red that you use must be directly from the Orange/Purple parents.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add that the best chances of getting hybrid reds is if you use orange roses which are spawned from orange roses and purple roses which are spawned from purple roses.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add that the best chances of getting hybrid reds is if you use orange roses which are spawned from orange roses and purple roses which are spawned from purple roses.

Thanks for that addition! I didn't go that far in depth regarding the origin of the parent flowers, but I'll be glad to add this in to the notes section.

Back