Do you think it'd be cool if characters were made a little more aware?

N a t

In the name of the Moon, Indeedaroo!
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Perhaps, it'd make the game more interesting, or maybe more disturbing. I think I'd appreciate the game even more if the characters were a little more aware of things. I think it's cool that Isabelle, as well as your villagers, will comment on some things. For example, being absent from your game for an extended period of time, or spreading rumors based on your in game activity. But I think it'd be even cooler if villagers would bring up other things, for example, if you told them no or refused their requests all the time. I tell my villagers "no" quite often. I think it'd be funny if one day, someone said something like, "I won't take no for an answer this time!" or "Please! Just this once?". I dunno, something like that. What do you think?

That would be cool, actually. It would be funny if they said something about how you're the only one donating to the museum, and how you put the most money in towards PWPs. It'll also be cute if they noticed that you spend a lot of time with other villagers too.

omg!! i saw a tumblr post of a villager who said they had a dream about a big hand poking at them with a stick it was pretty funny

omg!! i saw a tumblr post of a villager who said they had a dream about a big hand poking at them with a stick it was pretty funny

Although I've never experienced it myself, (iirc) I heard that sometimes a villager may comment about playing a game that is essentially animal crossing.

i really wish they were and i wish they would interact more. personally for me it's super hard to get villagers to do stuff with me, like play hide and seek or go to their houses. i wish it was easier and that you could do more with them like go to the island with them or go on a shopping spree with them (idk lol) but i don't know. more things to do with villagers and if they were more aware?? i would love that

i really wish they were and i wish they would interact more. personally for me it's super hard to get villagers to do stuff with me, like play hide and seek or go to their houses. i wish it was easier and that you could do more with them like go to the island with them or go on a shopping spree with them (idk lol) but i don't know. more things to do with villagers and if they were more aware?? i would love that

Yes! More interactions overall would just be fantastic, like if my villagers could invite me to meet them places or hang out with them outside of their homes. Yes, I'd love to get a coffee with you, or go clothes shopping D:

Villagers need way more interactions with the player, and with each other. They just need to feel more alive. Why is it when you go to a villager's house and you see they have company over, they claim to be "hanging out" yet they just wander around the area without even looking in each other's direction? That's not hanging out. At all. It's creepy, actually. These villagers feel so limited and void sometimes. Like they're only half the person you are. Really wish they had a bit more depth.

Improvements in villager mechanics are definitely something i want to see in the next AC game, or at least more personalities/dialogues so it doesn't get so redundant after a while.

Last edited:
I think it'd be funny if one day, someone said something like, "I won't take no for an answer this time!" or "Please! Just this once?". I dunno, something like that. What do you think?

Oh man, I find it hard enough saying no to them sometimes. This would kill me but it would definitely flesh out the AI a little more. Kind of wish they'd talk about their dreams more often. Erik always talks about the same dream and it was hilarious the first time, now it's so old but I guess he still likes it.

Even extended dialogue options after "I want to chat" would be neat, just something simple like a set of 4 predetermined keywords, kind of like the options you have when a normal villager quizzes you on your preferences for whatever.

Didn't Wild World have all of this? Why Nintendo decided to take away the charm of Wild World, I will never understand.

Back