Which 3DS games you regret buying?

Fire Emblem: Awakening was really boring and awkward? Not too big on tactical RPGs but all my friends recommended it to me, so I got it. Regrets.
Story of Seasons was cute, but after the first week of release I stopped playing it because there wasn't really much to do in terms of multiplayer.
I also got Smash 4 and I don't even know why. I have at most 6 hours logged on it.

TBH, Monster Hunter maaaybe ruined my life. My combined playtime for 3U/4U/Generations is probably greater than all my other 3DS games combined hhhh.

As much as I love Tomadachi Life and thought it was a pretty great game concept wise, I didn't like the fact that it was very narrow in terms of gameplay (especially the fact that Miis of the same gender can only be best friends but eh... maybe I won't put myself in the game next time instead of only becoming best friends with fave characters I made, maybe it's too much of a mechanic to be implemented if said Miis were to want a family and adopt... hmm) and some of the things got repetitive in the game and I lost interest really. Love the game, but there are improvements to be made.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Couldn't get into it. Just couldn't. I really tried.
Fantasy Life - I lost interest about 3 hours in. I *might* go back to it later.
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - Nowhere near as good as the PC version.
LEGO Jurassic World - Nowhere near as good as the PC version (this is my favorite LEGO game, btw)
Disney Magical World - I have no idea what drugs I was on when I decided to buy this.
Story of Seasons - Could not get into it. And I love other similar games like Rune Factory and Stardew Valley.
Zelda: Triforce Heroes - Single player is boring and tedious, people online are idiots.
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - Lost interest about 5 hours in, bought it to tide me over to Xenoblade 3D. Once Xenoblade 3D came out, I forgot all about Etrian Mystery Dungeon. I loved the Etrian Odyssey games though.

The Sims 3. Not even sure why I got it, but I don't think it even cost that much. I only played it twice... I'll stick with the PC version. d:

DQ7... yes *prepares flame-safe blankets* I mean, it looked good and I loved FFV (advance) to death when I was a kid and this looked good, and I liked the art and humor in it. But the facts you had to travel 24*7 and the "clues" were too not-obvious and the game bugged itself.. nah. And that you never get the jobs until like end-game ... lol.

Yoshi's new Island. Looked good for a start, but that gyro steering and some level with not-so necessary disturbances made it bad.

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - the framerate is so bad and the introductionary tutorial sequence so long i just had to quit.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - i love monster hunter 4 ultimate and monster hunter generations, but this game was not so good. it also suffers from an excrutiatingly long introduction and absolutely awful forced underwater fights.

Sheesh...loaded question. All I have to do is look through my steam library at a number of games that I have purchased that I don't play for various reasons. There are games I bought to play with friends, but when it came down to it, we never got around to play. Games that were overly hyped up and I got caught up in the hype, only to be let down so throughly I return the game the next week. (Looking at you No Man's Sky). There is also a lot of games I bought on steam just because they were on sale. .-.

I admit, I have a problem.

I regret being younger. I bought a crap-ton of stuff that sucks; I bought My Secret Diary for the DS which I hated and regretted a lot because it SUCKED and I used it like twice. I also regret buying Paper Mario Sticker Star because it wasn't good and I never got into it. RIP my 60$ :(

I don't regeret it but Fantasy Life was boring to me after a few days where I played NON-stop. Like I was getting crazy there. Then I didn't open my 3DS for a day and haven't touched it for a good year.

It's a good game but I never really had anyone to play online with.

uuh i mean i only have three games total since im super broke i have acnl, super mario 3D world & fantasy life and i guess i regret fantasy life since it's super easy and not really interesting enough to play again and i played non stop for days on end so that's probably why too
also my brother found a random 2ds and took the card from it (ugh i know) and it ended up being omega ruby and i've never played pokemon so i was really excited but i was so surprised to see how easy it was it honestly got boring after beating so many gyms like it was nothing so i gave up

Last edited:
i regret buying Alpha Sapphire because i never did like Hoenn :( the region as a whole and its pokemon never really clicked with me. It's always the odd region out imo. I really only boughtit out of impulse because it was a new pokemon game.

I regret buying Mario Party: Island Tour and Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. I played both for a few hours and stopped playing them. I never really did finish unlocking everything in those games.

I got Mario and Sonic t the London Games when that came out. I used to make it a tradition to get every M&S game, but I realized that was a really dumb tradition. Not that I think the game is THAT bad, its just kind of meh

Super Mario 3D Land. It was on sale on the EShop for 20 dollars so I decided to get it. I enjoyed it for a bit, but it didn't last me as long as my other games such as Monster Hunter, ACNL, Pokemon, etc. and now that I don't play it anymore, couldn't sell it for cash because it is a digital copy.

Fire Emblem Awakening: As a fan of the franchise, I was initially excited about a new installment in the series. I enjoyed it for a little while, but after a while it became apparent to me how lackluster it is compared to the rest of the series. Awakening's maps are boring, it doesn't have diverse objectives, and Virion was the only character with a halfway interesting backstory. The story was shoddy, especially with the time travel, and all of the characters being able to marry practically everyone else makes the relationships less interesting.

About the only positive thing to come out of my purchasing of Awakening is that it saved me from paying for Fates. Intelligent Systems will have to do something remarkable to get me to buy another of their games, because if the series keeps on the current path then I have no plans to support them again. I'm happy with the older games in the series, and there are other tactics games out there, so I'm fine staying away.

Mario Golf World Tour: I got this because some friends figured it would be a fun game to play. I sucked at this game, to such a degree that I never unlocked the first course you can unlock. Pretty big waste of money.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: I originally bought this because of the early access to Mewtwo on the Wii U version. All of the talk of people breaking their circle pads scared me away from ever really getting into this version of the game. I will say, though, that I vastly prefer the stages exclusive to the 3DS version.

Paper Mario.... don't remember the full name of it but it involved stickers. that game was trash.

No 3DS games I regret buying, only DS games I regret.

Drawn to Life and Nintendogs. There's also a Metroid Prime game and Star Fox game I regret buying but I'm not motivated enough to stand up and look through my boxes and find their names.

Back