Which 3DS games you regret buying?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - I had loved Ocarina of Time for many years, I was really excited to see a remake. I rushed out and bought the game with my very limited funds of the time because it was literally the only 3DS game of interest at the time. I was disappointed to see a "remake" that looked and played 100% like a remastered port. They didn't even redo the OST. A big waste of my $40.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Thankfully I got it on discount, but... There's no justifying any money spent on this game. It is nothing but a shell of the former Paper Mario games. I was really worried about the sticker system, but when I actually came into the game I instead found it to be really dull because you don't level up at all from facing enemies. All you got were stickers to be able to face more enemies. I got tired of playing the game because there was absolutely no benefit to fighting the enemies, yet I had to keep on running into them.

Probably One Piece Romance Dawn- I used to LOOOOOVE One Piece sooo much, and saw a One Piece RPG game at GameStop and was like 'BRO THIS LOOKS SO COOL!'

I'm not even into One Piece as much as I was, and I barely even touch the game... :v RIP

I go through phases with a lot of games - for example, I constantly get bored of, and then go back to, Tomodachi Life.
I regret getting Nintendogs - I think I've played it like 3 times, but that's about it....I also regret Hometown Story (I bought it on a whim second hand & I just find it soooo boring) and Super Monkey Ball 3D.

Starfox 64 3D came with the console but I don't really understand it. :/

Also Tomodachi Life, wasn't worth the 40 bucks lol. Got Majora's Mask for a lot cheaper than that.

Don't even get me started on Zero Time Dilemma. It had an interesting premise, you have a group of about 9 people and only 3 people are allowed to escape, everyone else must die, and your actions affect the game play. Okay, sounds cool. I buy it. The storyline makes no sense at all and is completely disjointed. It doesn't matter if the scenario turns out one way, because sometimes you have to keep playing it until the other way happens. Not only that but it also has these "escape the room" sequences every room and I HATE THAT. Literally thinking about the game makes me mad, I haven't played it in months. That was $40 wasted. I might play it again with a walkthrough just to finish the damn thing.

Yes to this! I played it for 30 minutes before putting it away in frustration! It had such a cool premise, getting to choose who to ally with and who gets to die. Five minutes later and the character is stuck in the room with no good information and who have to find a way, also it says you can change the difficulty but the story will be hindered. Which I could understand if they actually gave a little more information than sticking you in a room and be like, 'hey, find your way out. No hints given unless you change the difficulty.'
Honestly haven't played the game since, and don't intend to.

Pokemon mystery dungeon:Gates to infinity- SO many things I disliked about, don't think I actually finished it either.

Yes to this! I played it for 30 minutes before putting it away in frustration! It had such a cool premise, getting to choose who to ally with and who gets to die. Five minutes later and the character is stuck in the room with no good information and who have to find a way, also it says you can change the difficulty but the story will be hindered. Which I could understand if they actually gave a little more information than sticking you in a room and be like, 'hey, find your way out. No hints given unless you change the difficulty.'
Honestly haven't played the game since, and don't intend to.

[...]

The Zero Escape game that has "difficulty" settings isn't Zero Time Dilemma. Virtue's Last Reward is the only one that does. The rooms in this installment are some of the trickiest you'll come across in the franchise, especially if you suck at late high school math and science. You're being given just barely enough clues in order to get out of the escape room, leaving you to figure out on how to twist the information you've got. This often leads to hours and hours on solving it with little progression going on, which being patient will significantly help you persevere through what would be poor pacing. Or if you don't feel ashamed on using walkthrough at all, in which case I won't bite you for that.

Changing the difficulty setting doesn't even affect the puzzles themselves, but function as a hint switch. When on Easy, characters will (sometimes humorously) provide hints as you solve the room. And even if you don't set it on Easy, they will still give some hint, albeit more vaguely and not outright giving you the solution at times.

If you already know the solutions for the room on Easy, then you could just reuse those same exact solutions in the harder difficulty and get a gold file instead of a silver one for the bonus blue key with pretty much no consequence. Aside of unlocking a secret ending and some more complementary bit of the lore, collecting gold files isn't all that important. Really, there should be just a hint button instead of the Easy and Hard difficulties. But honestly, this oddity seems more like a nitpick than anything.

So far, for the 3DS, none. I've loved all the games I have for it. For the normal DS there are a few I could have not gotten if I had known what they would have been like.

I would say Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. I'm a big fan of the PMD series and I
was actually excited when that game came out and really happy to finally play it. However, after
I finished the Story, I was kinda disappointed. Compare to the other MD games, this one was lame.
The story was ok, not that great, but enjoyable. Some of the changes are dumb, like that you could
only pick one mission per dungeon, the fact that you can only choose between 5 Pokemon for your
team or that not all Pokemon (at that time) are not in the game sucks too. The follow MD game,
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, was way better.

Last edited:
Lego: Jurassic World. Lego games on ds/3ds are boring, usually repetitive, and way overpriced for the actual quality. It was my second game I had for my 3ds, and I haven't played it since the day I got it.

Last edited:
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. The timer mechanic frustrated me and caused me to rush and I kept getting stuck in the post office, which is like... one of the very first areas. I didn't understand how to use those little creatures who are supposed to help you out, and I'm not familiar with TWEWY so the new characters didn't mean anything to me. I just gave up. It was so long ago that I should probably give it another chance, or at least watch the cutscenes on youtube, but at this point I have no idea what's going on with the Kingdom Hearts storyline apart from I, II, CoM, and Days :p

I could have lived without Mario Tennis or ALBW (it was good but felt too easy/short, I beat it once and haven't bothered to replay it in the nearly four years I've had it.)

The only one I really regret though is Gates to Infinity, I felt like I was playing Baby's First Mystery Dungeon the whole time. :/ I did finish it but it annoyed me so much that I didn't buy Super Mystery Dungeon even though ppl said it was good.. idk maybe if I see it for a cheap price I'll give it a try but right now the mystery dungeon games just feel like one more series felled by Nintendo's incessant dumbing-down.

I regret buying Kid Icarus, it only makes me nauseous and I don't have a good handle on the controls. I bought Yo Kai Watch 2 the day it came out to get all the exclusive items, but then came Sun and Moon and I totally forgot about it. I still haven't finished it.

Paper Mario Sticker Star. It just didn't compare to my old memories.

Tbh like most of them I guess? I never play them as much as I thought I would, like Hyrule Warriors, Kid Icarus, Pokemon Sapphire, etc. Like they're not bad games or anything, it's just that since I don't play them much I might as well have saved up my money for something else haha. Plus, now that I have a switch I probably won't go back to those games as much because Breath of the Wild has my full attention.

I regret buying Monster Hunter Generation... Ok, I haven't give it a chance anyway, but with so many games available it's hard to start playing a game that doesn't call my attention... I don't even know why I bought it! I though it will be like playing Skyrim or something like that~

Nintendogs+Cats. I think I've only played it once, I got it for nostalgia's sake, but it just tanked

Back