• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which 3DS games you regret buying?

faceburn

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I regret buying my fair share of games because I listen and read reviews on them even when I didn't enjoyed the demo.

I really regret buying Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when I really didn't even enjoy the demo or knew what I was doing. Not to mention the ugly graphics. Give me a brain spasm. The game I should have bought instead of Bravely Second: End Layer which I enjoyed the demo immensely.

I regret buying Pokemon Omega Ruby because it was only 2 months before Pokemon Sun and Moon would be release and i could have use that money to buy either Pokemon Black 2, Platinum, or Luigi Mansion 2 instead. It also so similar to Pokemon Y so it was a waste.

I regret buying Xenosaga Chronicle because it a port of the Wii and it has awful graphics and it just was not meant for the 3ds. Instead I should have bought any of the Zelda games.

I think that about it.

The games I don't regret are Pokemon Y, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Birthright, Pokemon Sun and of course New Leaf!

What about you guys?

i don't regret anything because the only game i bought on the 3ds was acnl. my sister gets all the games
on my old ds though, i remember regretting buying platinum because i stopped playing it at the last gym because i found it too hard... plus i had diamond & pearl that was completed

I regret buying Omega Ruby as well. I got stuck early on and I was losing interest in Pok?mon anyway. I ended up selling it and SSB4.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate..... I don't even know what that game is about, I guess i want to just want to have many games.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as well. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore Monster Hunter, but I bought this on a whim after the original Tri on Wii was finally shut down. I logged literally thousands of hours on that game with my friends, and I was really excited to get a headstart on the port to Wii U so I bought the 3DS version first. After I transferred my data to the Wii U, I never touched the 3DS version again.

Another is probably Omega Ruby. The original Pok?mon Ruby holds a lot of memories for me, I got it for my birthday when I was like... 9? I can't remember, but I LOVED that game so much. I thought Omega Ruby would give me a good nostalgia fix with a fresh face but I never really got into it.

I have buyer's remorse whenever I get any 3DS game, it's a weird phenomenon lol

Everything I've bought for this handheld tends to get sold again relatively quickly. I think I played a grand total of 14 minutes of one of the Shin Megami Tensei games before listing it back on Amazon. I forget which one it was but there was some time constraint as a game mechanic I think, and being timed always stresses me out, so while I'm sad I'm missing out on a game in that series it's not the first and won't be the last. I can always watch someone else play it at least.

I don't play my games other than ACNL :'D I regret buying Fantasy Life because I got really hype about it but I found it super boring. And maybe smash coz I kinda suck at it but it's fun at times. I only play ACNL and Mario kart -_-

I regret buying Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, the digital copy. I don't play it and don't plan on playing it again in the future and now I can't sell it because it was a digital copy.

I regret buying Pokemon X. The story about megas was not interesting at all and neither were any of the characters, including the gym leaders and elite four members. I also found the game extremely easy, even without the EXP share. I'm finding that the newer Pokemon games are getting waaaaay too easy so ORAS will probably be my last Pokemon game purchase ever, unless they change it up because every review of Sun and Moon say the games have been dumbed down so I'm glad I skipped out on those.

I also bought Super Mystery Dungeon which is pretty painful but it isn't as bad so I'll probably continue it til I beat it, cause I heard the story gets good. Here's hoping! Hahah.

Other than that, I have done insane amounts of research on every game I buy because $50 is a lot to spend on a ****ty game.

Tomodatchi Life. It was fun for a week or so and then I got super bored with it. Same with their mobile app too.

i think none but sometimes i kinda regret buying AC:HHD because i played it too fast and now its collecting dust :T

I regret buying Pokemon X. The story about megas was not interesting at all and neither were any of the characters, including the gym leaders and elite four members. I also found the game extremely easy, even without the EXP share. I'm finding that the newer Pokemon games are getting waaaaay too easy so ORAS will probably be my last Pokemon game purchase ever, unless they change it up because every review of Sun and Moon say the games have been dumbed down so I'm glad I skipped out on those.

I also bought Super Mystery Dungeon which is pretty painful but it isn't as bad so I'll probably continue it til I beat it, cause I heard the story gets good. Here's hoping! Hahah.

Other than that, I have done insane amounts of research on every game I buy because $50 is a lot to spend on a ****ty game.

Actually Pokemon Sun and Moon in my opinion is the most challenging game in the series. Quite a surprise to me. I never bought potions for any of the past Pokemon game but this time around it a must! Even basic trainers can take you out with 1 or 2 Pokemon if you are not careful. And the trial boss is harder than any of the gym leader in the past and one of the trial battle is the most fun I have ever had in any Pokemon game. I won by a hair and only because that pokemon miss.

Street Fighter 3DS. It was good for like 2 hours.

Pokemon Omega. I got so bored of it.

Donkey Kong Country Returns. I got the game free and still regret it.

I regret buying 1 game out of 3~

Tomadachi Life~ I though it was awesome at first, I got it and I only play once a month since it has got boring

I'm hoping to buy Disney Magical World 2 or Pokemon Moon for Christmas

Last edited:
Street Fighter IV and another fighting game I got to hold me over for the 3DS when it launched. I didn't play it much and regretted purchasing it out of impulse.

Bravely Default is more of a like/dislike: while I kind of regret how grindy the game got to the point of frustration, it felt like it should have been $35 instead of $40.

Tomodachi Life definitely, it was entertaining for maybe a few hours at most, but it got bland, repetitive and boring really fast. I don't think I've ever touched it since I played it on the first day I got it. What a waste.

Actually Pokemon Sun and Moon in my opinion is the most challenging game in the series. Quite a surprise to me. I never bought potions for any of the past Pokemon game but this time around it a must! Even basic trainers can take you out with 1 or 2 Pokemon if you are not careful. And the trial boss is harder than any of the gym leader in the past and one of the trial battle is the most fun I have ever had in any Pokemon game. I won by a hair and only because that pokemon miss.

tru af almost every trial I have won by a hair.

Tomodachi Life definitely, it was entertaining for maybe a few hours at most, but it got bland, repetitive and boring really fast. I don't think I've ever touched it since I played it on the first day I got it. What a waste.

Okay awesome you guys save me from making a bad mistake even if it only cost $16 now.

Back