Best to worst Animal Crossing Games

1. New Leaf - I've played over 500 hours on it in total, and I don't think I've ever played a game that much before. That beats even Pokemon White 2 and Pok?mon Omega Ruby.
2. Gamecube/Population Growing - Idk man, just really nostalgic and I love it heaps. The dialogue was really good, and not to mention all the villagers started off quite mean which seemed a little realistic. I hate the nice nature of the other games. Can't forget the soundtrack, either.
3. Wild World - My first game in the series. It's incredibly nostalgic, and it'd be ranked higher if holidays were in it.
4. HHD - Best designing in the series. Being able to place items outside was really cool, and hopefully they have that on AC Switch.
5. City Folk - A little bit nostalgic, but it was just an overall pretty bad game. The events were fun, but it just felt a wii (lol) bit weird.
6. amiibo Festival - Never played, and I never plan on playing it.

Last edited:
Here's my opinion from best to worst. (Not including HHD or Amiibo Festival)

1. Animal Crossing New Leaf
2. Animal Crossing (GCN)
3. Animal Crossing Wild World
4. Animal Crossing City Folk

I have only played three: Wild World, City Folk, and New Leaf. While I have a very soft spot in my heart for Wild World, New Leaf is arguably the best. The graphics are wonderful, I love the updates, and the 3D actually looks really good (especially when you go to visit Katrina). I feel like the 3D can even help when you're trying to catch snowflakes in the winter or shoot down balloons because of the added depth perception.
Wild World has to come in second for me because of the nostalgia I have for the game. It was the first game I ever owned from the series and I spent a pretty decent amount of time playing it as a kid.
City Folk comes in dead last for me not really because of the game itself but because of the console for which it was made. I was never a huge fan of the Wiimotes and much prefer a classic controller. I also missed the portability that playing the game on a handheld console provides. Playing Animal Crossing on the DS was my favorite way to pass time on long road trips or really anytime I was in the car. I took that game with me everywhere. It also meant that you and your friends couldn't all be sitting and playing the game in the same room together. I loved the graphics and newer features of City Folk however and therefore would have played it more and gotten much more enjoyment from the game in general if it had been made for a handheld console.

1 new leaf
2 lets go to the city (city folk)
3 happy home designer
4 wide world

i have never played the gamecube version sadly. also not the weeaboo festival lol.
new leaf is seriously great. all the new areas and graphics are amazing. theres so much more items and stuff to do and its great how a forum can be so dedicated to it. also the new update that prevents villagers from moving on top of paths is a dream come true.
i love new leaf so much cuz it has so much improvements and its way more convenient on this handheld than city folk who i placed second because of nostalgia and it was my first animal crossing game. there were many things that could be improved on city folk but it just is one of those games with a special place in my heart. i do miss the city alot even though i think mainstreet is great.
happy home designer was great but i was disappointed by the lack of multiplayer since my friend and i were excited for its release. designer homes was alot of fun for me and gonna consider continue doing that since i loved it so much but it just wasnt the same as having your own town.
wide world was just bad for me. i wasnt a fan of it much and played very little of it. i have it on my r4 but never play it. i did try it pretty late so the graphics and all felt very outdated for me so i guess that must be a reason why.

for me itll probably go as
1. City folk
2. Population growing
3. new leaf
4. Wild world
5. HHD

for me i had a lot of fun with city folk a lot more than any other of the games, i loved the gamecube one id play it all the time when i was younger, for new leaf its just way too easy that its hard for me to stay with it it since with the island and everything they drown you in bells, and wild world i did enjoy it but it felt lacking

Best to worst
1 - New Leaf
2 - Gamecube
3 - Wild World
4 - Happy Home Designer
5 - Amiibo Festival
6 - City Folk

I don't really have any explanations for my rankings, but I placed Amiibo Festival higher than City Folk because I personally enjoy it much more than City Folk, hence why I sold that one. It was just much too bland! Wild World is nearly as bad in comparison, but it was one of the games I loved playing when I was younger so therefore it holds some great memories for me.

1. Wild World
2. New Leaf
3. Population Growing
4. City Folk
5. HHD
5. Amibo Fesival Thingy?? Never played it.

Last edited:
1. New Leaf
2. City Folk
3. Wild World
4.GameCube
5. Happy home designer
6. Amiibo festival...

I genuinely think that each game has improved from the last one (With an exception of the spin iffs)

1.New Leaf, because I like that there's so many different hair colours in game now in shampoodles. I remember wishing I could dye my hair black in ACWW only to realise that you couldn't. There's so much customization, although sometimes I do miss the simpler times of just wearing a shirt/dress because it's so hard finding an outfit that matches and works together. But i'm still all for the customization, it makes our mayors look a lot more diverse and different to one another. In short, I like that there's so much more to do in New Leaf.

2.City Folk, because of the graphics and the returning villagers that weren't in ACWW. Whenever I miss the dialogue I either go back to this or ACWW, although they do repeat the same stuff for over an hour.

3. ACWW, because of the dialogue I liked how crazy the villagers used to be.

4. Happy Home Designer

5. Amiibo Festival

1. gamecube version - beautifully quaint, simplistic and best talking in all games
2. city folk - worst mechanics all around, but cutest graphics
3. new leaf - pwps and customisability is amazin
4. wild world - a little too simple, but beautiful
5. amiibo festival - fun w ur palz
6. happy home designer - bland, ok

1. New Leaf - all the new content, new plants, ability to toot or boot your villagers.

2. GameCube - bigger town, more villagers, more charm.

3. Wild World/Let's Go To The City - basically the same games really. Both good, but I feel it got repetitive to play both.

4. Happy Home Designer- not bad if you like design and you can find it cheap. Also a good way to interact with unfamiliar villagers.

5. Amiibo Festival - boot!

1. GCN - most villagers, acre towns, better events, most dialogue, the ability to offer help
2. NL - The most up to date version of ac has pretty much perfected the series (i do prefer acres though)
3. WW - First handheld and alot of memories
4. CF - As bad as it was i do have some memories with it, was annoying how the villagers repeated themselves but i did love the auction house in the city

Never played HHD as it was a gimmick and Amiibo festival i don't count, and it's also crap lol

1. ACNL : the new content and thriving online community makes this by far my favourite.

2. ACWW : my first AC game, and I loved it. I still have most of my towns that I load up every few months or so just to check up on. The comparitive lack of holidays and events did not bother me at all, and I loved the art style.

3. ACPG : I haven't played this myself yet but I imagine I would love it. It wouldn't hold the same nostalgia as ACWW does for me, but everything I've heard about it says it's my kind of game.

4. HHD : I'm not much of a fan. I had no interest in it after the initial trailer release. I did really like the HHD New 3DS XL design for it though, and when I saw a different promo trailer for HHD last year that showed off more of the features, I was finally sold. I knew how limited the scope of the game was prior to buying, and I don't regret buying it twice (the 3DS wasn't in stock anywhere so my partner got me the HHD + NFC reader in the interim). I've enjoyed the time I spent playing it, but it isn't a game I would recommend to non-AC fans.

5. Amiibo Festival : I bought this on sale for the amiibo figures at the same time I bought the HHD games, cards, albums, and other amiibo figures. I haven't played it yet for various reasons. I know enough about it to think I'll enjoy playing it with my 5 year old nephew and other visiting children, and that's enough for me.

6. Let's Go to the City/City Folk : I had wanted to play this desperately for *years* but didn't have a Wii nor the space to to set one up even if I bought one. After ACNL came out I figured I'd just not bother with it. But my partner surprised me with a WiiU + the game for christmas one year and I was so happy! Unfortunately I did not love the game. A combination of the timing (wifi was turned off not long after I got the game so I never got to use that feature), it's limitations (I *love* handheld console gameplay and trying to adjust for this one game did not work), the "city" area was nothing like as big and interesting as I'd thought it would be from reviews etc, and the fact that I had a better alternative in every respect in ACNL I could play instead meant I was not a fan at all of LGTTC/CF. If I'd played it when it first came out, I still would have hated being tied down to a console in my loungeroom to play, and found the "city" aspects not to my taste. I'd probably have enjoyed it more overall but I doubt I'd have ditched ACWW for it.

Last edited:
1. New Leaf
2. Wild World
3. GameCube
4. Happy Home Designer
5. City Folk
6. amiibo Festival

1. New Leaf
2. GameCube
3. Wild World
4. Happy Home Designer
5. City Folk

and if you can even count Amiibo Festival as a "game". Then 6.

Like I said months ago, you're out of you mind if you put Amiibo Festival before City Folk.

Last edited:
Back