Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
So here's what we know. There are 6 games in the franchise (4 main series ones, and 2 spin-offs). If you had to order all six games (including the spin-offs and not counting any updates as separate games), how would you order the series from best to worst.

Here's how I would go:

1. New Leaf - the update made it better. Even without it, the game was still fun (as I enjoyed adding PWPs and donating to the Museum).
2. Happy Home Designer - has the best interior design mechanic. Even ACNL post-update doesn't beat the interior design feature in ACHHD.
3. Wild World - first Animal Crossing game on the handheld. I remember this being better than the GameCube version.
4. GameCube Version - the first one I played. Despite aging really badly, it still has redeeming qualities (like when Redd never sold counterfeits or when there was a dock at the big lake).
5. City Folk - very disappointing, and quite cheesy for an Animal Crossing game.
6. amiibo Festival - never played it, but I heard how bad the game was.

1.) Animal Crossing
2.) Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3.) Animal Crossing: Wild World
4.) Happy Home Designer
5.) Animal Crossing: City Folk
6.) Amiibo Festival

I have only played the mainstream games so I won't include spin-offs.

1. New Leaf
2. GCN
3. City Folk
4. Wild World

New Leaf has a lot of cool features like choosing your own place for a house, choosing where your villagers move in, slow grass deterioration, the ability to fully customize your player (except for skin tone...), and the new update brought in even more awesome furniture and functionalities.

GCN I like mostly because the holidays are a lot better than the newer versions, especially those from NL. It is also the first AC game I ever played, and I still have the same town I had 8 years ago. As a matter of fact, I still have one villager I had 8 years ago!!

City Folk is okay, but I hate the rapid grass deterioration. I also feel like I don't have much to do. I only enjoy this game when I'm hacking the game.

Wild World is really boring, in my opinion. There are no holidays, the neighbors are mean and vulgar (someone called another villager sexist and stupid. What's that for Animal Crossing dialogue??!). The only interesting thing about it is that my player is part of a story I have written.

I'm not counting HDD and Amiibo Festival as "real" Animal Crossing games, so my ordering is:

Most to least favourite:
1. GCN
2. New Leaf
3. Wild World
4. City Folk

GCN has the right sort of charm and isn't held back by its limitations. I suppose I could be biased because of nostalgia but I legitimately feel this game had just about everything right. It lacks quantity of future games, but makes up for it in the quality.

New Leaf is excellent, and deciding between this and GCN is very tough. On some days of the week I may switch these two in the ranking. An all-around excellent experience. Most importantly it has made quite a few more Animal Crossing fans, and a good fanbase is always important in keeping a series afloat.

Wild World was "not bad". I liked a few things, but it felt a bit plain at times. It was mostly a repeat of several GCN features, with some removed, some watered down, forced into a handheld system that didn't really adapt well. Everything felt a bit too linear and diluted for my taste.

City Folk was in some ways better than Wild World, but did not feel very creative. Really there isn't much difference between this game and GCN. I guess it was just because City Folk was later in the series that it is so negatively regarded. It did not introduce much that was outstanding. Quality of life changes were few, and most new features were small or inconspicuous (reset center, Serena, and so on).

Last edited:
both the spin-offs i dont count as real animal crossing games so like other people im excluding them

1. GCN
2. City Folk
3. New Leaf
4. Wild World

the Gamecube version to me is just a game in the series that no other game can top. The villagers really felt alive and the dialogue was varied. For the first game, I think Nintendo did a really good job of including such content in the game and some of the features in there are non-existent in the most recent animal crossing games which makes the game unforgettable, and the music is amazing no matter how many times I hear it. I find that the newer hourly themes are harder to enjoy (especially in New Leaf) than the Gamecube version.

Probably an unpopular opinion but oh well. I find City Folk is better than New Leaf by one level because of how varied the dialogue in villagers are. It's not as great as the Gamecube version, it's true, but the personalities in the game really resemble cranky, snooty, lazy, etc. The grass desertation is horrible in this game, but placing down a path to walk over helps. I played this game so so often when I was younger as well and I enjoyed it very much.

New Leaf is my second to last favorite because the game is way too sugar-coated. The villagers are kind of like robots, and the dialogue is extremely limited and I find myself running over the same type of dialogue like 5 times a day or more unlike with the past games I would always find something new. I do often get really bored from it after playing for so long and then I take long breaks and it's hard to come back to it and be as excited about it as when I first got the game. The villagers never really open up to you, they're too sweet and they don't get as moody/angry/or sad as easily. The hourly music in this game is great but after hearing it for awhile, it gets on my nerves and I often turn it down and listen to other music instead, where in past games I would almost never get tired of hearing the same hourly soundtracks and I'd still enjoy them for years. The content in this game is terrific and there's always something to do though so I will give it that.

Wild World was kind of boring. There's not really much to do other than catch fish, bugs, and digging up fossils as well as paying off your debt to Nook. There wasn't as much content as there is with the newer games

Last edited:
1. GCN
2. New Leaf
3. City Folk
4. Wild World

The Gamecube version is classic for many reasons, and while I am guilty of using the nostalgia goggles a bit, I still find that it holds up pretty well. I agree with the points that villager dialogue is the most varied of the games-- they interact with you a lot more. The letter system is kinda bad in this one, but talking to them is a lot of fun in this game. That goes for a lot of the other NPCs as well- Blathers in particular is a lot more engaging in this game than he is in later titles. Personally, I'm a fan of the old acre system- it allowed for easier memorization when finding houses, buildings, and other landmarks of note. Also, that music. :blush: I could probably go on for days about this one, but I'll pause here. It's easily my favorite out of all the titles so far. If only we got the new stuff that e+ put into it and the villagers had birthdays, too-- I'd probably never put it down!

New Leaf is really fun and I'm really enjoying it in the limited amount of time I've had it. The customization options look incredible from what I've seen, and while I'm far from getting there, it looks like this one allows you to get the town YOU want. The ability to basically pick and keep your villagers is extremely appreciated, as the Gamecube game really struggled when you got stuck with villagers you didn't care for, but the dialogue tree is really limited from what I've seen, which stinks. There is definitely a LOT to do in this one, so I can't knock it for lack of content. I'll probably give a clearer answer when I've played it more.

City Folk was all right. Going to the city was fun- seeing villagers you desperately wanted but couldn't get was not. That was the main draw, of course- otherwise it didn't really do much else. Not a whole lot of changes that really set it apart. I enjoyed it for what it was and played it pretty often.

Wild World was pretty bad. Cut a ton of villagers, removed basically all of the holidays, and felt really empty. At least it implemented villager birthdays, I guess?

Counting main titles...

1. ACNL.
2. AC GameCube
3. AC City Folk
4. AC Wild World.

Wild World is just a bad City Folk. :(

I don't think it's fair to exclude Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival from the rankings. The whole reason why I made this thread is to see where Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival are ranked if all six games are being ranked. I know they may not count as "real AC games", but it's still Animal Crossing. Comparing New Leaf to Happy Home Designer or City Folk to amiibo Festival is nothing like comparing an apple to a block of steel. So I would like to see ACHHD and ACaF included in the rankings since it's the whole series and not just the main series.

1. New Leaf
2. Gamecube Animal Crossing
3. Wild World
4. Happy Home Designer
5. City Folk
6. Amiibo Festival (let's pretend it doesnt exist k)

Is it just me or do you miss how the villagers or NPCs could be snooty to you? I feel like in New Leaf they kiss your butt, so to speak? Perhaps the reason is because you are mayor? Lmao

I don't think it's fair to exclude Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival from the rankings. The whole reason why I made this thread is to see where Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival are ranked if all six games are being ranked. I know they may not count as "real AC games", but it's still Animal Crossing. Comparing New Leaf to Happy Home Designer or City Folk to amiibo Festival is nothing like comparing an apple to a block of steel. So I would like to see ACHHD and ACaF included in the rankings since it's the whole series and not just the main series.

I didn't include them because I never played them. Didn't feel fair to give a ranking for games I've never played.

I didn't include them because I never played them. Didn't feel fair to give a ranking for games I've never played.

Seems fair to me. I was responding to those who purposely excluded them for being spin-offs. It's best not to include games you never played.

Last edited:
1.) New Leaf
2.) Animal Crossing: Population Growing
3.) Wild World
4.) Happy Home Designer
5.) City Folk
6.) Amiibo Festival

1. New Leaf
2. GameCube
3. Wild World
4. City Folk
5. HHD
6. Amiibo Festival

Easily, Out of the games I HAVE played. Wild World is by FAR, the WORST AC game... Have many reasons why, Have never played Amiibo festival and dont plan to judging by how it looks. So shocked to see WW up so high on many lists... WHYYYY.
1. GCN
2. NL
3. CF
4. HHD
5. WW
6. AMIIBO FESTIVAL

Most of us have not played the spin-off games. I don't find them appealing enough to buy or play them, for instance.

But yeah, someone shouldn't exclude a game just because they don't think it matters.

For me, it goes like this.

1 - New Leaf. The best one, hands down, my ultimate favorite where I could actually do all that I could in the game. It's the most fun I've ever had playing Animal Crossing; the music, the character designs, the things to do, it's all so perfect to me.

2 - Wild World. This was the second Animal Crossing game that I'd ever played. I loved how unique and different it was from Population Growing, and was one of my favorite DS games at the time. I never got to change my hair because I never had anyone to play with, but other than that, it was lovely.

3 - Population Growing. This was the first Animal Crossing game I'd ever played. I was just a little girl when I got this game and I feel so many feels of nostalgia every time I play it.

4 - City Folk. I wasn't too impressed with City Folk. The grass wear was terrible, the activities were limited, the city was mildly disappointing and it's not really one that I'd play again.

5 - Happy Home Designer. I haven't played this one yet, but it looks adorable! It might actually move up on the list, but we'll see.

6 - Amiibo Festival. I haven't played this one either, but I'd imagine that it's still quite fun, if you have friends to play it with.

Here's my list (excluding Japan exclusives):
1: Usually changes depending on my mood. Right now I'll say it's Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City. Now hold your horses, you may hate me for liking this game. I just have to say it: this game is EXTREMELY UNDERRATED. Sure, it felt a lot like Wild World but it was better in my opinion because it removed the limitations that Wild World had. It also brought back the holidays that were missing from Wild World. Sure, it re-used music and intoduced grass wear but those are only 2 minor complaints. OK, moving on...

2: Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The reason why I didn't put this as number 1 is simple: EVERYONE KEEPS PUTTING IT AT NUMBER ONE. That doesn't mean I don't like this game however, I LOVE this game. Sure, the realistic graphics aren't as good as the old simplistic ones, the grass deteriotion still exists and the music doesn't have the vibe from the previous games but it has a lot more better content than worse content. I won't go into too much detail, that's for another time probably.

3: Animal Crossing (also known as Animal Crossing: Population: Growing!). This was the first Animal Crossing game I ever played and I fell in love with this game. Sure, it's a little obsolete and dated but that doesn't mean it's bad. Heck no. This is arguably one of the best GameCube games ever (just behind e+, though that was Japan exclusive which is why it isn't here). I don't mind that the villagers are mean (not as much as the ones in the game that's below this at least). The music is the best in the series in my opinion and my first town mostly had the villagers which have been my favourites still to this day (including Bob, Mitzi and Tangy).

4: Animal Crossing: Wild World. Oh, I can hear all the Wild World fans (ugh) getting all salty here: "omg dis guy dosn't liek wilde world!! kill him!!!11one". No. I think Wild World is a good game, but it's slightly overrated (as much as I hate that word) especially due to the scummy Wild World fanboys who love to hate on every other game and claim this as the greatest game of all time. Can you believe that there are some fans that think this is the first in the series? Weird, right? Anyways, this game was the first portable Animal Crossing game and it was pretty good for its time but it's very dated by now due to the low quality audio and low framerate (the DS could handle better so I don't understand why it has framerate issues and low quality sounds). The villagers (and even special characters) are VERY mean in this game, much more than how they were in the original game (e.g Gracie calls the player a redneck and sometimes villagers will mention sexism. Like WTF?!?! I have a theory on why they are so mean but I will get onto that another time). The positives however is that it introduced the rolling-log effect, removed the camera stopping at acre boundaries thing and had really good music. OK, moving on since I got too carried away. Now, excuse me as I have to deal with whiny Wild World fanboys.

5: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. The first ever spinoff game in the series. For most people, they either like it, hate it or find it mediocre. I've seen gameplay and it looks okay. I mean yeah, it can get boring after a while but at least it introduced Animal Crossing amiibo cards (which you can now use in New Leaf to move villagers in. Goodbye Beardo and hello Bob-- oh wait I don't have one and neither a NFC Reader/Writer and I don't want to pay. fuuuuu---). It also has a few new features that were also added into New Leaf via updates such as hanging clothes. I haven't actually played this game so I'm just getting my thoughts on the game through walkthroughs on YouTube.

6: Animal Crossing: amiibo *gag* Festival. does anybody even like this game? lolololololol. But seriously, I wouldn't blame the developers of the main series games for this tragic accident. I would blame Nd Cube since they developed this and also made Mario Party 10 and Wii Party U. This is essentially just Mario Party 10 but without any minigames (excluding Desert Island Escape and a few others as they weren't on the main board game). Thankfully, Nintendo is trying to forget about this atrocity by updating New Leaf so it has amiibo compatability. Seriously, the only good thing to come out of this game are the amiibo (and probably the graphics and music which I haven't heard).

Back