Best laptop under 500??

Chromebook Pixel is better in my opinion because of the processor and more RAM. RAM allows your computer to work more efficiently if you have multiple applications on at the same time. If they are at the same price, you might as well get the one with more RAM (Chromebook Pixel).

Info about the processors:
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Pentium-4405Y-vs-Intel-Core-i5-6200U

Woah big difference in processirs but dont they have the same amount of ram? Or did I miss something? Ohh I meant the pixel 1 sorry for the confusion. The other pixels are just under a grand.

Last edited:
RAM stands for random access memory. The first one only has 4gb memory. The second (Chromebook Pixel) has 8gb or 16gb according to the link you provided.

RAM stands for random access memory. The first one only has 4gb memory. The second (Chromebook Pixel) has 8gb or 16gb according to the link you provided.
Yeah sorry I meant the pixel 1 the 2nd one is very expensive. The processor on the first one is weaker as well.

Last edited:
Are you the gaming type, music type, art type, or school type? That should decide what to get. xD

Lenovo Z50
AMD A10-7300 Quad-Core 1.9 GHz Processor
8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
15.6-Inch Screen

Lenovo Z series are terrible build quality and loaded with bloatware. Daniel, you're probably best off with that HP chromebook. Of all the things HP makes, that chromebook is one of the few I'd recommend.

Back