• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What do you spend the most time doing on Animal Crossing?

in the ww and gc mainly collecting stuff that never seems quite right in my house no matter where
I placed it

in NL trading online and decorating my houses in the way that finally like

Last edited:
before new leaf it was talking to villagers, going shopping and decorating my house

now i probably spend more time decorating my town with flowers, paths, pwps etc. than doing anything else lol

I guess I spend most of my time cleaning up my town for the day and shopping. Some days when I don't feel like doing much that's all I do, but there are days where I indulge in a lot of online activity, be it trading or helping people. That's mostly on standby until I find a fix for the WiFi signal in my room, my 3DS barely picks it up and it makes having visitors over very laggy right now.

I mainly just water my flowers, dig up fossils to get them analysed and sell them, use the money to buy everything I need from the shops to complete my catalogue. I've recently been spending a lot of time with the Snow People to get all of their items as it's winter.

Taking care of my sweet villies!

I have a town that I'm currently doing an absurd amount of landscaping on since there are ponds and rocks EVERYWHERE that I'm trying to work around-- But in my main town the landscaping is done and I'm pretty happy with my PWPs. I recently restarted one of the towns, chose a very similar map, and am building it back up from scratch because some of the dates on my town tree were weird from time traveling too much and it bothered me, lol.

After my towns are completed though, I pretty much just relax around town, visit with the villagers and do favors for them. I've never gotten bored with MilkySky, I'm so happy with the layout! I've started letting new villagers move in (I've had my dreamies for a year straight and most of them were just giving me duplicates of there photograph at this point...) but I might already kind of regret that. I love almost all of the ACNL villagers, but I have a special attachment to my dreamies and it felt really... wrong... letting them move? Like I was way more upset about it than I thought I would be.

I spend the most time with my 3DS open just standing in the middle of a town (or mid-conversation) while I get distracted by something else. I wish I was kidding but lol nope. This is it. And I appreciate that about the game honestly, that you can put it down whenever and nothing is gonna pop out and kill you or whatever. It's peaceful compared to all the other games I've been playing recently. Stark contrast to Bloodborne for example :p

Second to that though I've spent a lot of time landscaping. I used to just chop down all my trees and start from scratch but I didn't do that this time around and I'm still not sure whether I'm happy with it or whether I want to start from a blank slate. Would be a shame to do the latter because I'd have to collect all the saplings and cedar saplings all over again but hey, if it gives me a reason to keep playing I probably shouldn't complain.

I'd say in the last year landscaping or fishing. I'm trying to stop landscaping though because I miss how the older games felt more chill. I get so perfectionist over it.
I spend a lot of time walking to retail. I feel like my pockets fill up so fast and it's always so far from retail. But I also don't run half the time. Maybe that's it.

Last edited:
trying to increase friendship, and trying to breed hybrids

Landscaping, and talking to my villagers!

When I first started, al I did was grinding for bells. Then I start shopping and decorating my house and what not.
Now, I just redecorate my town with pwp and try to manage collect all the fish, bugs, and fossil. :)

Fishing and stalking my villagers because they are all adorable and I can't help myself

I usually do my little things like talking to my villagers picking any weeds and stars on the ground and chat up a few friends

buying rare things, trying to decorate my house, and lowkey lurking around waiting a thousand years for my villagers to give me a pwp ping. T_T

Mostly diving, fishing, collecting/selling fruit, decorating my characters' houses, and creating designs. Been talking to the villagers a lot lately too.

Making sure no one moves. ;w; It takes soooo long sometimes!

I like trying to find where all the fossils are everytime I play so I can finish my fossil collection. I also like talking to my villagers, catching bugs and fish.

Lately it feels like it's trying to find that one last fossil that always likes to camouflage itself in a dirt patch behind a bush or something in an obscure part of town!

Back