Help! Why won't special amiibo villagers move out?

Lath

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So I asked Medli and Wolf Link to move in to see their houses, interact with them a little... But they don't seem to want to move, ever! I've had around 7 villagers move out since they moved in and they haven't even pinged once, for any reason at all.

To anyone who's had them and saw them leave, is there anything special you did or didn't?

It's not just special amiibo...it is any amiibo move in even from cards. I haven't had one ping yet.

I haven't moved out my W.Link yet, but from what I heard there is no special requirement. Those villagers are just harder to move out, possibly. Just be persistent. I'm sure you'll get it eventually. I know I'm trying to move out W.Link. >>

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have had Cleo try to move out on me though, and she is an amiibo only villager. I was not the one scan her or anything, but she tries to move just like anyone else does!

You have to have all 10 villagers, talk to wisp, scan a normal amiibo character you want to move in. Then wisp will say "so and so will move tomorrow, ok?" You can say ask someone else until it's the villager you want to move. I hope I helped you!~

Last edited:
I haven't moved out my W.Link yet, but from what I heard there is no special requirement. Those villagers are just harder to move out, possibly. Just be persistent. I'm sure you'll get it eventually. I know I'm trying to move out W.Link. >>

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have had Cleo try to move out on me though, and she is an amiibo only villager. I was not the one scan her or anything, but she tries to move just like anyone else does!

Only the ones you scan in yourself won't ping to move. At least mine don't.

Only the ones you scan in yourself won't ping to move. At least mine don't.

Hm, that sucks. I gotta keep trying though. I don't have the villager cards for the villagers I wanna move in. v_v

You have to have all 10 villagers, talk to wisp, scan a normal amiibo character you want to move in. Then wisp will say "so and so will move tomorrow, ok?" You can say ask someone else until it's the villager you want to move. I hope I helped you!~
I reeposted this because I got ignored~

Last edited:
Maybe nintendo did this bc they know now that a lot of people have villagers they want to keep forever. Like since the fact that they don't move on patterns anymore seems to me to be a direct result of people complaining about having their paths ruined. I would really rather they move like normal villagers though. >.<

I've read other people claim that they've gotten Amiibo card villagers to move, albeit not as frequently. I hope this is the case, because if I have to keep villagers and can only force them out with ANOTHER Amiibo card or figure, that's kinda messed up.

welp... there goes my progress.

it sucks even more because I have 2 amiibo villagers I only brought in because I thought "might as well meet them!"

and I live in Australia... where amiibo card packs are expensive and only come in packs of 3. GG, Nintendo. GG.

welp... there goes my progress.

it sucks even more because I have 2 amiibo villagers I only brought in because I thought "might as well meet them!"

and I live in Australia... where amiibo card packs are expensive and only come in packs of 3. GG, Nintendo. GG.

i'm in Australia too, and my local Target has them for $4. Maybe even try Big W, they have lots of game stuff. Target and Big W are usually WAAAAY cheaper than EB or JB Hi-Fi!

Otherwise you can look on ebay! Individual cards can go for 99 cents with free shipping!

I've had many amiibo card villagers move out! I've found the best tactic is to just ignore them. I didn't know Tangy and Chevre were moving until the-day-of. Don't talk to them at all.

i'm in Australia too, and my local Target has them for $4. Maybe even try Big W, they have lots of game stuff. Target and Big W are usually WAAAAY cheaper than EB or JB Hi-Fi!

Otherwise you can look on ebay! Individual cards can go for 99 cents with free shipping!
holy crap, what?! I got them for $6.50 at my EBGames... guess that's what I get for not even thinking to look at non-gaming shops. xD but thank you so so SO much for telling me! I never knew they could be cheap. ;u; aaaa i'm so happy right now I was worried i'd have to save up my Chrissy money and just outright import American ones. :')

and free shipping? dang, didn't think that existed for these kinds of things. thought they were just too sensitive to mail without protection haha -- shows how much I know. xD

man, I feel silly for complaining so much, so thanks again for helpin' :p

gotta hit them with nets more jk;;

): I sure hope you can get rid of the amiibo villagers soon though.

holy crap, what?! I got them for $6.50 at my EBGames... guess that's what I get for not even thinking to look at non-gaming shops. xD but thank you so so SO much for telling me! I never knew they could be cheap. ;u; aaaa i'm so happy right now I was worried i'd have to save up my Chrissy money and just outright import American ones. :')

and free shipping? dang, didn't think that existed for these kinds of things. thought they were just too sensitive to mail without protection haha -- shows how much I know. xD

man, I feel silly for complaining so much, so thanks again for helpin' :p

okay so my local Target doesn't have the new cards, but my EB was selling them for $4.95!

I just checked the website and they're the same price, you can pick them up at your local store instead of getting them delivered!!
https://ebgames.com.au/3ds-217428-Nintendo-amiibo---Animal-Crossing-Cards-Series-5-Nintendo-3DS

hope that helps if you wanna buy more!

yea I know for a fact they ping to move after a while but they're much much harder to move out than normal villagers especially if you have a mix of both/have a heavily normal villager town. As for the "scan another villager in" technique some people are suggesting... if I had the cards for the villagers I want I probably wouldnt be complaining about any issues now would I :p

Back