• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you get sick of dreamies?/ having the same villagers?

Daisy0717

Bells
I have Merengue in my town and she's adorable but she pinged me to move. I have Maple and Lolly's amiibo cards so I'm really considering giving her the boot but then she can't come back... It's really hard to decide what villagers to hang on to and which you let move. How do you guys decide?

I do, but some I don't. If I had Maple's amiibo I'd only use it once because I'd keep her. I've accidentally lost her a few times.

I really don't. Once I get villagers I love, I never wanna lose them.

Granted, I also have four copies of the game, so that gives me some wiggle room for villagers, lol.

I have all time favorites and some that I get bored after years of seeing them everyday... I feel the need to see new faces wandering my town. Especialy now that we got the update ! So many villagers you can get by just flipping a card, so easy ! I guess if you are tempted to change it's because you want to!

Come to think of it my signature is so outdated now... I must have kept 4 villagers out of it. :eek: I suppose it must be good times for sig' shops.

Last edited:
Not really. The funny thing is I rarely get tired of my villagers. The only ones I got tired of were Kid Cat and Lucky, who I replaced with Julian and Ketchup. It's not a big deal though, I have both their amiibo cards so I could get them back if I wanted.

I don't once I have found a villager I love I need to keep it
If they leave on their own then.... Il be sad but if only that happen
If not they stay forever in my town

I had Cyrano in two of my previous towns, he was my favourite, but this time I decided to try something new. There's just so many cool villagers on animal crossing, I can't stick with the same ones for too long.

Last edited:
On the one hand I really love the villagers I have, on the other hand I crave variety and seeing different faces. But then when faced with actually letting one of them go I hesitate bc it's not easy to get them back. If I had everyone's amiibo in my town I'd feel much better about letting them go

I sometimes do get bored of them but it's usually the "popular villagers". Like I'd never want Marshal in my town bc he's so mainstream and about 50% of ACers have probably got him in their town and I'm sick of seeing his face everywhere. And then there are these villagers that most people consider ugly but I like most of these and never get bored of them bc I don't see them that often.

Sometimes. For example while I love Beau and Mint a lot, they're getting kind of stale and I rarely talk to them. While I've considered moving them out I really don't want to go through finding other villagers and plot resetting them again.

I have three copies of the game, so I have a lot of villagers to keep track of. And since I don't bother with dreamies, I don't mind letting some of my villagers leave my towns once a month or so. I love seeing new faces every now and then, 'cause it keeps the game fresh for me. What I dislike about that is replacing the villager who left before someone's voided villager moves in unannounced. There are few I'm totally keeping though, since I don't have their amiibos and would be devastated should they move out.

I do get bored of the same villagers. In my town right now, the only villager I plan on keeping forever is Julian. I like to have a random set of villagers. ◠‿◠

I only have two real ?ber dreamies (Savannah and Gaston) and three other villagers who are staying forever. That leaves some room to swap out villagers once in a while.

I'm not really bored of the same set of villagers but I do go back and forth on whether I want to keep certain ones because I want a new face in town. I've also started collecting cards of my dreamies so I won't have to feel like I can never get them again. Also, there's a lot of people in the trading plaza that can help. The update is great, it makes obtaining your dreamie so much easier!

Eh.... Like my villagers and all, but sometimes it gets boring. The thing I don't want to let my villagers go. I got bored Phoebe earlier, but she is just to nice to me and I don't want to let her go because of that. :c

Last edited:
I don't have much of a decision process. If the new villager fits my criteria, then I just pick someone who's been in my town for a long time that would be suitable for replacement. The new villager I want is lazy? The old villager to go will be Lazy. Simple as that really.

Nope, too busy doing other things in the game to notice, like landscaping and I have four other towns.

I do tend to get bored of the same villagers. I've actually switched out a couple already with amiibos and right now I can say that I'm definitely keeping Roscoe. Nostalgia from him with past AC games. <3

Back