• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite video game?

As guilty as I feel about not mentioning one of the pokemon franchise's main series games... the game I've been the most fond of ever since I played it would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, aka explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky (the latter being the most complete and thus best version).

It had an epic adventure with both the fun of assembling your own pokemon team with a buttload of different creatures to choose from (which is the series's main strength) AND a deeply involving and emotional story that I still look back fondly on to this day.

To hell with what the reviewers said, this game is a perfect 10/10 for me.

Some of my all-time favorites:

Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics (the original and War of the Lions, not the Advance games)
Mass Effect series
Rock Band 2
Super Mario World
Recettear

I've been gaming for a long time so I have plenty of games I like, but those are my top favorites. Yes, even way above anything Animal Crossing.

There are a lot of games I love, but ones that are my absolute favorites are definitely Pokemon Black, Pokemon Explorers of Time, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Those are the ones that left the most impact on me, and remain ones I could play over again.

Favorite video game of all time is got to be Majora's Mask. Not entirely from nostalgia when I played on 64 but more of because of the eerie, scary feeling I got form the game when I was young and getting that feeling that the world was gonna end and the feeling to have the power to stop it from happening. I really liked the darkness to the game.

Some of my all-time favourite games besides ACNL would be, in no particular order:
LOZ: Wind Waker - most incredible atmosphere in a video game, I personally love the graphics, and I found the game so beautiful, immersive, and emotional.
LOZ: Ocarina of Time - Undisputed masterpiece of a game
LOZ: Majora's Mask - Dark, eerie, and haunting in the best possible way, incredible side quests and I found myself caring so much about all the characters and Termina
Life is Strange - An amazing, episodic, decision-based game
Super Mario World - My favourite 2D platformer
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - The level design is so cool and I just found myself really enjoying this game

Last edited:
Clash of Clans, Final Fantacy 7, AW and Civ 6. I'm a huge fan of gaming, but I heard that gamers quite often become a soft target for cyberattacks. That's why I prefer to use VPN network for gaming to protect my security and privacy. With its help I even can play geo-blocked games without any security risks.

Tie between the Pokemon series and Terraria. Both are games that I rotate between for extensive amounts of time.

I don't have a favorite game. I play a small game on the way to college, so I usually read the blog about casual games: https://theappsdepot.com/blog and search for a new one. And I prefer to have a new game each day, that helps not to get addictive to the games.

Last edited:
My two favorite games of ALL time are Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Others that rank really really high are Star Ocean: Second Story/Second Evolution, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance! ^-^

My favorite Zelda game, and my favorite game overall, is Majora's Mask.

Zelda Wind Waker HD!
Close second is Mario Galaxy 2. :p

The entire Castlevania series, straight up. I love a LOT of games, but Castlevania will always have a special place in my heart. I've played 95% of the games to completion and I just absolutely love the style of the art, the gameplay, and the story. If I had to choose runner ups, they'd be Splatoon, Bayonetta, Harvest Moon, and Overwatch (☆ω☆*)

Last edited:
Pok?mon, animal crossing, harvest moon, kh, ff, spyro, mass effect, gow and other series... ah, and I love life is strange

Life Is Strange, Grand Theft Auto, Sleeping Dogs, Stardew Valley, Pok?mon

My hands-down favorite video game of all-time is FFVII: Crisis Core (PSA to everyone who hasn't played it yet: YOU SHOULD) and second would be Persona 3 Portable (P3P not P3 because I like dating Akihiko) and in third place is TES IV: Oblivion (Skyrim introduced me to the franchise, but Oblivion was more immersive and had better story-telling IMO)

Last edited:
Back