• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If a new Animal Crossing game was coming out...

BETTER. DIALOGUE. FOR. VILLAGERS.

Seriously, I wish they would bring back the liveliness of the villagers from the GameCube. They've felt so watered down, recently.

Restore the cranky & snooty villagers to their former greatness!! Ffs they're so watered down in New Leaf, it actually pisses me off. As for a real feature, I'd love a toolbox, because having 4 - 6 spaces "wasted" in your inventory gets pretty inconvenient. The tools should just have their own compartment.

Last edited:
It won't happen...but I miss the more intense, polarizing personalities.

More dialogue for the villagers, for sure. I've been play acnl since its launch and got pretty much all of their dialogue memorized, it feels boring to play lately. I also would like to see their personalities being more well defined. I appreciate snooties and crankies being nice in this game but all personalities feel too similar overall.

It'd be cool if there was unique dialogue for different species, that way having a normal dog and a normal cat wouldn't feel like you have two villagers that are pretty much the same aside from appearance.

maybe instead of only being able to pick your map and build statues and decorations for your town and bridges and stuff, maybe being able to build park areas, a new town square, adding a pond or something, maybe even creating an extra beach or a dock.

so basically larger-scale building, but I think it would make your town more personal.

I would love for more defined and richer villager personalities. Also, more QR space. AND, if not more space, then the ability to at least be able to move custom designed furniture amongst your own characters.

1. more villagers
2. them saying the outside of their house is too dull, and being able to help change the exterior of their house
3. outdoor decorations

To be able to place furniture outside, like in HHD. There could be two options. Place on ground ( like the game already has, and visitors can pick up the item). The other option could be "display".Visitors wouldn't be able to pick up displayed items.

Think of how fun decorating our towns would be if they added this in. Tall cactus for a desert look, little gnomes in the forest or garden, etc,etc.

Well i'd expect to see all 333 villagers and probably the welcome ones introduced with the welcome amiibo, although with the new amiibo update if there was to be a new animal crossing game I think they'd just keep the villagers amiibo exclusive instead of adding them in game. I'd probably expect to see some new villagers too as with every animal crossing game they usually introduce a couple of new villagers. Maybe new personality types too and species. Though I doubt it, considering it took a while to introduce a new species.

Back