• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favourite animal species?

Tigers. I love all of them, even Leonardo (though he looks more like a leopard). Rolf and Bangle are in my top 5, and I like Tybalt a lot, also.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also love the octopus villagers because they're so quirky and adorable <3

The Squirrels and Wolves. I love pretty much all of them. I also like the sheep a lot buuuut I'm not a big fan of Pietro, clowns aren't my thing but I'll give him a chance someday!

Cats, Ostriches and Squirrels. Ostriches because Phoebe is the best villager ever.

Marshal, Bob, and Punchy too. Explains my love for these species. Also because they're, for the most part, bearable to look at unlike those disgusting mice.

a really hard to decide tie between bunnies and cats... leaning more towards cats but i think i like bunnies just as much. i really wish we could play as villagers sometimes. i wanna just be able to draw on a face like we do with blanca. how fun would that be?

Cub!

Second is Squirrel. :) should be a bit taller imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rabbit and Cat are fantastic as well!

Wolf is pretty great too.

First, wolf. Second, squirrel. Third, crocodile. why are their heads so big

Last edited:
I like having a variety of species in my town, but I think every single wolf villager is cute. They're not my favorite animal though.

Penguins! I love Aurora, Cube and Roald.

The dogs. I might even use Amiibo cards to scan in only dogs.

When I was little I would say squirrels. Recently I have had 2 random villager move ins (I didn't plot reset or know what villager I was going to get) and ended up with Timbra and Pietro! They moved into a great location right next to each other. In the other games I had never got a sheep villager but now they are my favourite. I really want Wendy but I feel like I'm going over board and I should get a diverse range of villagers. :p

Deer, cubs and alligators. In second place, squirrels and bunnies.

Last edited:
Chinchillas!! I love their soft fur, big ears, little hands and noses! Whats not to love?!

Cats and bunnies. Some of them I don't like and that's sad.

Chinchillas!! I love their soft fur, big ears, little hands and noses! Whats not to love?!
Since this is the Animal Crossing section of the forums, I think the question was about animals in the games. I so wish we had a chinchilla villager, though. That would likely be adorable!

Last edited:
I really love hamsters. They seem to have good personalities in general and they're super cute!

Back