• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How old were you when you first played Animal Crossing?

I was 2!! My parents got it for my when it came out on the GameCube in 2001. They got it to help my reading... at 2. :') (they were strict about learning). I remember being 5ish and constantly TTing to New Year's so my mom would send me 10,000 bells.

my first game was city folk and i was around 11 or 12, not sure, but man how i loved that game.

The first one I played was acnl (I joined the fandom way too late I know) and I think I was 10? Time goes by so quick I don't even remember haha

I played the original Gamecube title when I was...8? I think? Maybe nine. I didn't have the patience to play through it though, so it quickly got abandoned. I don't know if New Leaf is just a better game, or I just have way more patience in my twenties, but I've been playing New LEaf on and off for 3 years, and I still love it. :)

I played the gamecube one when I was maybe nine or ten? But I don't remember anything about it except the menu music. I remember the animal in the spotlight kinda scared me hahah. And I remember Blanca!! I loved drawing on her face!

I started ACNL when I was 17! I am now 18 LOL I found out about Animal Crossing way too late for my liking. I would've loved to played the originals, but I don't really have the patience for the older games if that makes sense? I would miss the New Leaf features too much lol

Probably 9 or 10, me and my friends were obsessed with It! 7 years later and I still am, haha!

I think I was 9 when I first played Animal Crossing, it was the GameCube version.

Last edited:
I had to be 6 or 7 years old when I played Animal Crossing for the GameCube. I didn't start getting into it around 10 though because my jerk of a brother always hogged the GameCube before he started playing on the PS2 more.

Back