• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How old were you when you first played Animal Crossing?

I was about 7 years old when I got Population Growing in 2002 for Christmas. Wow. It's been 15 years.

It was back in January of 2014, so I was 9... golly, I was young

Golly, I'm still young (but hey i'm turning 13 at March so that's good I guess).

Uh... 5, I think? I can't remember exactly when we got Population Growing but I know I was pretty little. I know I got Wild World a while after it came out, so we stuck with the GameCube one for a long time.

I started with the original Animal Crossing for GameCube in 2002. Let's see... I was about 14 years old if I did the math correctly lol!

4, maybe 5. I was playing the GC version all day every day! From the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. While my siblings went to school... they were so jelly.

Pretty much 8 years, when my brother got Animal Crossing: Wild World for his birthday.

I think I was around 13 when I first played Wild World, and after that I was hooked on the series. My mom got it for me for Christmas, thinking it was a city builder like game (I used to play a lot of those as a kid so I had a lot of them) but one where I also had to take care of animals. She was kinda right.

I think I was about 13 or so. If only I knew how great it was, probably would've started playing before Wild World! Good times :)

Back