• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How old were you when you first played Animal Crossing?

I believe I was 13 or 14 :)

I was 20 when Wild World happen that summer I was babysitting some cool kids.

What was I... 11? My first AC game was that first one that came out on the GameCube a while back.

I got my first Animal Crossing game when I was 7ish I think. I received Animal Crossing population Growing on the GameCube for my Birthday! I have been hooked ever since.

My aunt got me Wild World for my 8th birthday. I've never even heard of Animal Crossing. I think she just got it for me because it was about animals. Either way, here I am 10 years later and it changed my life forever. Lol

My first game was City Folk, and I got it for Christmas when I was either eight or nine. I've been on and off since then. :'D

I was 13. Whoa. Can not believe it was 15 years ago.

Last edited:
5 or 4 on gamecube with siblings, then continued on to wild world, then bought a wii and city folk, then waited an eternity and got new leaf on the day it came out!

I played the original Animal Crossing/"Population Growing" when I was around 11-12 (so around 10 years ago), it was a bit different for me that's for sure. I got a used copy from EB Games so it didn't come with the extra memory card. I probably didn't think I'd play another game in the franchise much but I'm pleased with the new things New Leaf brought and I felt it's been good for the franchise overall.

Last edited:
I think I was about 6 or 7 years old, Wild World.

Back