• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How old were you when you first played Animal Crossing?

It was sometime before I could read, before 6 or 7 years old. I played the heck out of the original game! I did fun stuff around the town like shaking trees and swishing my umbrella as it rained, and playing the NES games when I wanted to. My parents did the usual animal crossing stuff like fleshing out their houses and talking to villagers, and my slightly younger sister did the same things I did, I think.

I was probably 7 or 8 when I first started playing Animal Crossing! I played it on the Gamecube all the time. I was obsessed with it, and usually stayed up late (when I wasn't supposed to) playing it until I'd pass out.

I was about 10 when i started to play wild world, a few years after it came out, when I start it up it looks very alien to me now cause I'm so used to ACNL :)

The first time I played animal crossing, I was around 8-9 years old. :) It's was at my best friend house on Wii console. ^^

I think I was 7 or 8 when I first played Wild World?? It was the second DS game I bought after Pokemon Diamond anyway

I was about 8 1/2 years old. I started out with Animal Crossing on the GCN. I actually played all the games in order: ANWW in May of 2008, ACCF in January 2009, and ACNL in May of 2014.

Fun Fact: I still have my original GCN town :D

Last edited:
I was five or six. Played the original gamecube one and my town lasted until 2011/12 when my memory card corrupted, sadly.

I was about twelve or maybe thirteen ??
I just started with New Leaf, a few months or so after it came out :)

I was 10 or 11. I remember I thought the game was really weird at first so I didn't play right away. But a few months later I got super into it and I've been obsessed ever since.

Pretty old, actually. I was 24 before I even knew Animal Crossing really existed. It had just flown completely under my radar until my then-girlfriend bought me a copy of City Folk so we could play together.

Alas, the relationship with the girl ended a few years later. But my relationship with Animal Crossing is still going strong!

I first started playing Animal Crossing (gamecube) when I was about 7 I believe. It was the very first game I really played. I would always watch my older brother play other games but I was too young to grasp how to play them. Animal Crossing was the very first one I played and learned quickly.

I've played every Animal Crossing game since!!

Back