How old were you when you first played Animal Crossing?

I was 21 when I started Animal Crossing: New Leaf. As kid and teenager I couldn't get into them. Animal Crossing: New Leaf was the first I played more than ten hours (a lot more than ten).

Last edited:
I started playing in 2002 when I was 5 :)
My best friend had it for the GameCube and introduced me to it
I've been addicted ever since lol

it was christmas of...2003 I believe? my brother had gotten his gamecube and our first copy of animal crossing, we'd always thought the game a bit weird bc the original commercials for it were VERY strange. we ended up falling in love with it, as you can see XD i've played every game every since!

i think i played wild world when i was like 11 or 12

I think I was 18... and I started with New Leaf. It may sound weird, but technically I have downgraded from that as I am now playing City Folk instead for some reason.

I don't remember how old I was honestly, sometime in my early 20's. I did find some old pictures today though:

mymap.png

My WW map which I no longer have access to now.

waterfall.jpg

My character in City Folk admiring the waterfall, this is before I started modifying my town through Homebrew.

Last edited:
I think I was 9.
I used to play ACWW on the DS Lite lmao..
I actually started playing it because at that age I met my bestfriend on the school bus (she was the new kid so i sat with her) and she was playing ACWW and I was like fascinated because I had never even heard of it and she brought it here from Scotland (she moved to Canada from Scotland when she was 11 and she ended up being my neighbour) so I was like omg can I buy that game here?! lol
We actually just connected on ACNL last night ...
She's 20 now and I'm 18 ahaha.
AC makes bonds for life hahah

I think I was around 6 when I started playing Animal Crossing - so probably in around 2008. I was definitely early into junior school. My first Animal Crossing game was Wild World. I remember playing it and loving so much, but at the same time not really having a clue what I was doing! I also remember believing hoax videos on Youtube that showed the character being able to get a Dog, or get married. :) I also got my friends into Animal Crossing as I got a bit older. I'm 15 now. My mum still goes on at me sometimes for still playing these games saying I'm too old for it - but I don't that's a valid point. I like what games I like. And I love Animal Crossing. :)

Last edited:
oh gosh, it was back in 2002 with the gamecube game. I think I was 8 years old when I played my first animal crossing game.

Back