• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was the first console you have ever owned?

The first console I ever owned was the original Nintendo Entertainment System! (I'm old... XD) When I was a kid we also had the SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Playstation, and Gameboy Color.

As an adult the first console I ever bought for myself was the Wii! ^-^ Now I have the Wii, Wii U, DS Lite, New 3DS, and a Steam Box. I don't really intend to buy anything non-Nintendo tbh. The only reason I will is if Nintendo games go to other systems.

For me, it was the Nintendo DS Lite, which my parents bought some time around 2009. Brings back memories :)

Same story here, but replaced 2009 with... 2007? My More Brain Training log starts Crimble 2008, and I got Sonic Rush and Cars at the same time as the DS. They were both too difficult at the age of 7 (in fact, I'm still stuck on the same part of stage 4) and I only really got one because my cousin did, but the local play was pretty neat. The chocolate reindeer was more interesting, though.

Well my neighbor had a lot of consoles, and when we would go camping up at Kern River (California) her parents would tell us to charge the handhelds up and decide who would get what (old gameboy, new gameboy) and then one day she got the DS Lite so I had my pick of getting the new gameboy on all trips. Her dad even bought me Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for it.

My own, 100% Bridgette's Console was the DS Lite about a year after it came out. I wanted one so bad and even though my mom didn't have the money for consoles she waited until the price dropped a little and bought it for me. (This is after a friend let me borrow her old DS and I got in trouble by my mom for taking someone else's expensive electronics.) I loved it so much and played it until I bought the 3DS XL on 2015 new years!

The first console I ever owned was an N64. My grandma sent it to me for my birthday in 2000, with a copy of Super Smash Bros.

It was either the Sega Megadrive or Game Boy. I can't really remember which would have come first, though I think it was more likely the Megadrive.

My step dad also had an SNES and we had an Amiga 2600 laying around too.

oh...god...when i was like 8 for christmas my grandparents got me a vsmile (a ****ty learning system for like toddlers) and i remember playing an awful cinderella minigame on it about spelling or something

our parents also got us a wii that year or the year after that! it was exciting but i cannot for the life of me remember what we even did on it. i used the mii maker a lot... we had like 2 games. sucks i dont have many memories of using it. all i remember using was the wii party games lol. although we did rent city folk for like a week which was dumb of us. i wish i asked if we could keep it.

as for my own personal system i really love thinking back to this experience! so it must have been like a weekend or something but me and my sister are like best friends so while everyone was asleep and i was still awake, i heard the front door open, it was my mom and my sister. my mom went to bed but my sister brought me to her room and showed me a box for the pink ds lite! it came with nintendogs and i remember my sister playing it all the time. i was so jealous when she opened it that i started crying! so the next morning i asked my mom if i could have one, and a few weeks or so later i had gotten a used black and blue ds lite! i was kinda sad since i wanted a pink one but i didnt care a lot. i can almost remember all the games i had for it (unfortunately they were all kinda konami games and side company games besides kirby...but thats hal.i wish i had known about zelda and mario at the time).

-some littlest pet shop game i was addicted to, played the **** out of

-kirby super star ultra (my friend sarah had this too on her ds and we would do multiplayer spring breeze it never got old)

-magician's quest (weird animal crossing influenced game. also played the **** out of.)

-i think i got warioware...and never touched it...as a kid i only wanted the games that had girly cute pop coverart

i also pictochatted since my sister had her ds and my friend sarah would come over a lot and bring hers. lmfao one time sarah left her ds case and a few of her games at my house and the next day she went on vacation or something, so i had this cool ass pink case with with some random games. she got the games back but i kept the case haha...

who would have thought that despite my sister being the first one to get a ds, id be the one obsessed with video games now.

Christmas when I was... 5 or 6... maybe 7, I received the Playstation and Nintendo 64. For handheld, I had a Gameboy color. As for current ownership, I still have my Nintendo 64, the original PS2 (phat), and my 3ds (first console I bought myself). Right now, I alternate between building my ps1/ps2 collection (buying some games I never had as well as games I used to rent, borrow, games that were stolen, etc.) and my 3ds collection.

My very first console was an N64. It was given to us by my uncle when the GameCube came out since my cousins were getting the upgrade, and my dad disapproved of anything unnecessary/fun and would never have bought us any gaming console otherwise. My uncle also gave us Legend of Zelda and Mario Kart, and that was the start of a very wonderful childhood, playing with my brother :)

Very first was the N64.
Which is odd, I felt like I had played it before...

First console I owned that I've bought with my own money was Playstation 2. As for Nintendo console, it's the DS/DSi XL.

I have wonderful memories of the SNES I got for my 5th birthday. <3 Donkey Kong Country was my first game ever.

the first console i ever got in touch with was my father's ps1, i used to play the "a bug's life" game! didn't own any nintendo consoles until the ds lite i think but had played mario kart on gamecube w friends

The best of all-time, the Nintendo 64

My first family console was the original Xbox while my first personal console was the GBA SP.

Last edited:
Back