• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the first console you have ever owned?

A GameBoy Advance SP, a really long time ago. :) We already had a lot of older consoles at home though, the SNES, N64 and GameCube.

SNES, it gave me my favorite gaming memories. Mind being blown the first time I got to the Dark World, the pure fear I had of the final boss of Yoshi's Island and playing Tetris with my parents.

The first console I ever played was PS1. The first console I ever owned was the original XBOX. I wish I still owned it, but at least I still own my original PS2.

The first system I ever played on was an N64, I think? We borrowed it from the local video store.

The first one I actually owned was the original XBOX. My mum didn't let us own video games as a kid so I had to save up my allowance for ages and buy it myself.

Technically, it was my grandmother's, but the first console I ever played on was the SNES.

The first one that was actually mine was a hand-me-down PS1 my father gave me.

Atari 2600. I'm old. My brother, sister, and I all shared it for Christmas one year.

Last edited:
My first console that I didn't share ownership/use of was a yellow Gameboy Color. I put Pok?mon stickers all over it and a pikachu on the back of the battery cover. owo

My first console was a Coleco Vision way back in the mid 80's. I loved it so much. It got me hooked on gaming for the rest of my life.

The first console I ever remember owning was the original x-box, but it was my dads so all we had for it was wrestling or football games. Still had a lot of fun playing though! First console that was actually mine however, was a DS Lite that one of my friends just decided to give me. I still have it actually, but now that I have a 2ds I don't use it much.

I think the first console my family owned was a 64 but the first console I owned was a DS lite
Maybe someday the first console a actually bought will be a *new* 3ds XL or not xl

My first console was a Sega Genesis with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I got back in 2003 or so. Fun times.

My first console was a second-hand PlayStation One with Crash Bandicoot Warpped and CTR. Still have them till this very day, but sadly my PS2 destoryed a lot of my PlayStation One disks including CTR.

while I think I had a gamboy advance (clamshell) the first console I ever bought myself was a phat pink ds that came with daschund and friends nintendogs. And boy did I play the hell out of that. It's also how I got into animal crossing with wild world.. I have years of fond memories with that game, or perhaps it only seems like so many years because I was a child lol.

Since then I have bought myself several 3ds over the years, a ps3, a wii u, a ps4, and a nintendo switch. I've also bought dozens of novelty controllers and accessories over the years >__< perhaps too many (my camo ds4 is the love of my life though haha)

My grandma bought an Atari for me "to stay at her house"...so

NES...(not even the Super NES...LOL)

I bought my daughter a Game Boy Color for her first handheld and a N64 as her first system.

I'm older than dirt.

A Game Boy Color! It was one of those with a clear plastic case so you could see all the insides, it was a grey-ish, silvery color, but I distinctly remember that I lost it when I took it to my primary school :(. I still have another one, which is just a silver one, somewhere, but I've grown distant from it because I ended up getting a Game Boy Advance and that was just easier to carry around.

The family also had a PS2(?) but I don't really count it as 'my' first console.

Back