• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was the first console you have ever owned?

Nintendo 64, 'cept it was shared. the first console i owned was a gameboy color i think. then my dad got me the original nintendo ds and boy that changed my whole life

It was either the SNES or the GBA. Technically, it was the SNES because it was a replacement. If you don't count technicalities, then it was the GBA that I bought myself.

As far as I remember, it was the Gameboy Advance SP in dark blue..
I remember how I got enough money for it at my birthday and I went with my mother and brother
to MediaMarkt and I bough mine and my brother bought one for himself in silver.
That was so much fun to play >o<
I have a silver Gameboy Advance SP now, for the Hamtaro games :D

(And since then I had a.. Nintendo 64 (in black), GameCube (once in purple, then in silver, switched with my brother..
somehow he loved the purple version), DS Lite (in black and then later in Pikachu Version), Nintendo Wii (in white),
Wii U (Zelda version) oldest PSP, a PSP in turquoise (don't remember which model), DSi XL (in darkred, now in Mario version),
3DS XL (first in blue, then later in Zelda Version and then in complete white),
New 3DS XL (in blue.. but it broke not long ago..) and now I have the New 2DS XL in blue / black,
which I absolutely love <3)

** = Still having this console

I can't say which came first - might have gotten them all during a singular Christmas - but I had a PS1, N64, and GBC all at the same time when I was in elementary school (90's), followed by GBA and PS2 in middle school. As for the first system I bought with my own money, that would be the O3DS, followed by N2DSXL.

Home console: PlayStation
Handheld: Gameboy Color

Last edited:
My first console was a Wii, actually. I got it in 2007. I didn't even get a DS Lite until 2010 for some reason

my first console ever was the very first xbox. after that, our grandparents bought us the wii

a few years later i got a DS lite, followed by a DSI and finally, the 3DS XL, which i obtained only over 2 years ago i think

My first console was the first PlayStation and my first handheld a silver Gameboy Advance SP with black tribal design. After that I got the original DS in blue, the Wii, and then my 3DS. I've never been into playing on the TV screen since I like to be out and play whereever I travel so I stuck to handhelds through the years.

My boyfriend's first console was the SNES including the N64 and mine was the Gameboy Color.

My first console was the gameboy advance.. or was it the SNES
i don't remember LOL

The original XBOX. My mum didn't allow us to have video games as a kid so I saved up my $12/month allowance for ages and bought myself a second hand XBOX. I've been a gamer nerd ever since.

Technically an Xbox 360 but I never played it so it became my brothers. My 3ds would be my actual first.

My very first console was the original NES. I played SMB 3 and SMB 2 on it a lot.

My first console was the Nintendo DS Lite. I still have it, but it's little bit broken.

My first console is my GBA SP, which is still alive and still has crisp buttons unlike my DS lite which has mushy buttons and a cracked hinge. They don’t make em like they used to is all I can say.

My siblings and I had a N64 that we’d play Mario Party 2 and 3 and Mario Kart on all the time. The first console I owned solo was the Gameboy Color. I still have both :)

Back