• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio?

Who is/will be your starter in Sun and Moon?

• Total voters
I was going to choose Litten, but the final evolution is so ugly :( (this crushed me since I adore the first two evolutions.) Rowlet's my new favorite thought, since Decidueye is amazing looking.

I think I'm the only one who will be picking all three, then for two of them reset as soon as I've traded them onto my ORAS account, then will be trading them back as soon as I start my real game. I'm choosing Rowlet as my last started though because I never seem to start with the grass types.

I'm actually surprised Popplio is highest, people's initial reactions to Popplio did not favour the little fella(ette)
Must be the evolutions :)

I'm actually surprised Popplio is highest, people's initial reactions to Popplio did not favour the little fella(ette)
Must be the evolutions :)

So you noticed it as well, huh? How most people here first hated Popplio, and then out of nowhere, the judgement on final evolution suddenly changed it.

I like all of them, personally. A lot of people didn't like Incineroar, and I get why, but I like it because, well, crotch fire, and it looks kind of smug and cartoonish with those big hands of his lol. Decidueye is who I chose, simply because of Rowlet. I didn't think the design was that cool at first, but now it has really grown on me and how it's an archer is a really neat idea. Primarina looks so pretty and adorable, easily my second favorite of the three design-wise and it's great to see a fairy type starter.

Last edited:
Chose Rowlet. I was disappointed with Decidueye's speed stats and move pool, but I still love the overall design.

I like all of them, personally. A lot of people didn't like Incineroar, and I get why, but I like it because, well, crotch fire, and it looks kind of smug and cartoonish with those big hands of his lol. Decidueye is who I chose, simply because of Rowlet. I didn't think the design was that cool at first, but now it has really grown on me and how it's an archer is a really neat idea. Primarina looks so pretty and adorable, easily my second favorite of the three design-wise and it's great to see a fairy type starter.

This. This makes me happy. I want to hear more people who likes/respects all three starters

i chose popplio!!
primarina is just too beautiful and i love her to bits!!

~♚Vickie

I'm team Popplio! I just don't like Littens final evolution (sorry!) and I'm planning on getting Rowlett in Pokemon Sun, but I'm getting Moon first. Pretty sure my boyfriend is on Team Rowlett :3

I picked Rowlet.. I love owls.. And honestly, it's final form was the only one people hadn't spoiled me with. But I enjoy all of them ~

I was going to choose Litten, but the final evolution is so ugly :( (this crushed me since I adore the first two evolutions.) Rowlet's my new favorite thought, since Decidueye is amazing looking.

I feel the same. If Litten stayed on all four legs instead of becoming a wrestler, I probably would have picked that one. I picked Rowlet because archers are cool and because I don't like fairy Pok?mon.

Popplio. Seeing all the hate for it before its evolutions were even released only made me love it more.

I love all three, minus Litten if u include final evolutions cause bara kitty is ugly as ****. Rowlet for sun Pooplio for moon.

i was in love with litten the day the trailer was shown but i am forever envious of popplio getting a fairy final evolution. i hate dark type i wish litten could have been fire/ANYTHING but dark type. ideally id want fire/fairy, but some typings i thought gamefreak would consider was fire/electric or fire/ground or rock. was not expecting dark type.

as for rowlet the ghost typing was extremely surprising! i thought it was just going to be grass/flying or pure grass but nope!

Popplio definitely, its adorable and its final evolution Primarina is so pretty and has a great movepool and I love the water/fairy typing for Primarina

I went with Popplio. When the starters were first revealed, I was choosing between Rowlet and Popplio. Didn't like Litten from the start. When I saw the leaks, I was convinced to choose Popplio. Only problem is that Primarina definitely looks female and starters have a really low female to male ratio. When I got the game, I started resetting. The cutscene made it take so long. At first, I would get a couple of males then a female. Until eventually, I gave up on choosing the nature as it was constantly becoming male and I just wanted to play already. I decided to settle for the next female I get, lo and behold, I got female AND the nature I wanted. Special Attack was also it's best stat. I was happy with my choice throughout the playthrough. Only thing I didn't like is that it was so slow.

*GASP* Why have I not voted yet?

#TeamLittenForLife!

how could you people betray Litten!?

My favorite of the three Alolan starter Pokemon is Rowlet. I'm a fan of birds in general and especially owls, some of my favorite Pokemon are Grass-type as well, and it is simply pretty adorable.

I'm also pretty fond of Dartrix. Meanwhile, while I love Decidueye and its Grass/Ghost typing, it doesn't feel like its design flows very well with the previous two forms. It looks nice, mind you, but trading in the bow tie for the hood and changing its beak color feels awkward to me. But I digress, Decidueye is still fantastic in its own right and the archer theme is great, so I stand by it.

Popplio is my second favorite of the three Alolan starters, and I feel it overall has the strongest evolutionary line of the three in terms of feeling like it has proper progression. Brionne and Primarina are great successors to Popplio and I like the Water/Fairy typing and Primarina's siren inspiration. The only bad thing for me is that Primarina's Z-Move looks ridiculous and it seems like any and everything could just move out of the way as it slowly makes its way over to the opponent.

This leaves us Litten. I like Litten, just not nearly as much as the other two. The color scheme is great and I love that Incineroar is based on a professional wrestling heel, especially since it has the Fire/Dark typing instead of Fire/Fighting. That said, Darkest Lariat is one of the stupidest looking things I've seen in the series. Even if it looked a bit plain, if they made it look more like a clothesline it would be so much better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Popplio! But I lean really heavily in favor of Water types so that is no surprise! ^-^

Back