• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio?

Who is/will be your starter in Sun and Moon?

• Total voters
Rowlet because I almost always pick the grass starters (I dig em) and also because IT'S AN OWL MAN. In Moon I'll probably pick Popplio though.

I've always liked Popplio the most, especially when it was first announced as a starter.

But if I get the game I will get all 3 starters eventually. I love all 3 final evos (Incineroar looks like Tony the tiger lol).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rowlet because I almost always pick the grass starters (I dig em)

Strange because I usually always start out with grass type but for the last 2 games I've been more into other starters.

In XY I like Fennekin because Delphox looks beast.

In Sun/Moon I like Popplio because I'm not super crazy about Rowlet's design.

I usually always start out with grass type but for the last 2 games I've been more into other starters.

I can totally relate xD I've always chose fire starters, but in the past 2-3 games, I've been more interested in non-fire starters.

In Y, I picked Froaky (whom I use to dislike but ended up loving too much) <3
X - Chespin
OR - Treecko (Too cool)
Moon - Rowlet (I wasn't expecting to love this Pokemon already xD) <3

There was all that popplio hate? I can't even remember, most people seem to be going popplio now.

I know right? Everyone was like OMG ROWLET IS AWESOME everywhere on the internet, but suddenly when the game comes out everyone wants Popplio. I don't get the appeal of either of them. I chose Litten, but I still don't like it either. I might swap it out for another non-starter Fire-type.

Whoa, I remember when they were first announced, the majority of people liked Litten best, and hardly anyone liked Popplio.

I liked Rowlet from the beginning and went with it. Just from the three starters, I like him best, but after having played through part of the game, I think Popplio might be the best strategic choice. It can take quite a while before you find a half-decent water pokemon in this gen. Which is odd considering you're on an island surrounded by water?? Still sticking with my Rowlet line, though. Cute as heck.

Last edited:
November 23rd can't come quick enough tbh... And I'm gonna pick Rowlet, who am I to pass up a bow-tie wearing owl?! <3

definitely popplio
i need a bulky water type on my team
i would go for rowlet but in the end it has many weaknesses - bug, fire, flying, poison, ice, dark and ghost.

Popplio<3 I always choose water as my starter lol Also I personally liked Popplio I never understood the hate hehe!

i can't stand litten's evolutions and i never choose fire starters so i knew i wasn't going to pick him, rowlett was going to be my choice until i saw popplio's final evolution. popplio is just so CUTE, i love that lil *****. she'll be my starter

I kind of respect everyone's choices. I want to point that out right now. But has anyone noticed how a lot of player first judge the starter pok?mon's basic stage and then once they start revealing the evolution slowly until final evolution, people's judgement suddenly changes? I'm not saying don't choose what you like. But a lot of people who started disliking Popplio wants Popplio, a lot of people who hated Rowlet now wants Rowlet, and a lot of people who hated Litten now wants Litten.

Has anyone noticed this patterns in most pok?mon games? I mean it happened with Oshawott if I recall until hidden ability and suggested moves were shown for Samurott and then everyone wanted Samurott or Serperior for strategies and "design". I kind of see this occur too often now.

Like I said, I like Popplio since the start of the starter leaks, and I cleared the game with Popplio until it was Primarina. Or... Primarino in this case. XD Dang it, i got it as a male!!

I chose Popplio; got a female first time around which I'm kind of relieved about so it matches up with the final evolution!

I chose popplio, I was torn between it and rowlet, but I did like popplios evolution better than rowlets, but I still want him as well! lol

I was torn between Rowlet and Popplio but after hearing about theit later evolutions I decided to go with Popplio. I'll be getting moon version this Friday I can't wait

Wow, I expected Litten to be a lot more popular. :p I chose it anyway. Always wanted a fire cat.

Wow, I expected Litten to be a lot more popular. :p I chose it anyway. Always wanted a fire cat.

same here! i do admit that i'm heavily disappointed with its final evolution though... litten brought so much potencial for a great 4-leg-design *sigh* we seriously need fire starters which STAY ON 4 LEGS

Last edited:
Rowlet, not necessarily because I like it the most but just because I always pick grass starters.

I really liked all 3 starters in the beginning, but slowly began to dislike Litten. It's first two evolutions are on point but then it evolves into an ugly thing on two legs. Dammit, Pokemon, can't you give us a good four legged cat Pokemon for ONCE?!
I was so hype for Litten until it evolved into that.
Granted, I respect everyone's opinions but I just don't like its design. I was so torn between Rowlet and Popplio in the end, but ended up choosing Rowlet because she fits my OC so well <3

Back