• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio?

Who is/will be your starter in Sun and Moon?

• Total voters
I went with Popplio as my starter. Really like its final evolution! I knew it'd pull through, lol. My boyfriend got Rowlet but he did manage to get me another one for me so I'd have both. Rowlet's my favorite, it's too cute. <3

before the final evolutions were leaked, i always loved popplio despite all the hate. when i saw the final evolutions and all of a sudden people started liking popplio, i really liked decidueye. i almost picked rowlet but primarina is really pretty too and i always pick water starters anyway so i went with popplio.

I picked Rowlet because he was too adorable for words, and his evolutions are badass. But if I played again I would definitely choose Popplio because not only is he super cute, but his evolutions are beautiful

Might choose Rowlett for Ultra Moon this time!

I picked Popplio. It's the worst looking of the 3 but the final Evo is the least bad looking one to me :p

you know first it was litten, then it was rowlet , now its popplio because of his evolutions

For usefulness, definitely Popplio. Otherwise I like Litten the most for its design.

I feel like Popplio is like that kid in school that nobody liked and was rejected by everyone then years later when you have a school reunion, Popplio returns as Primarina with a "*** u *****es im sexy now" attitude.

Team Popplio from the beginning.

Ohh my gosh I was about to come in here and vote for Popplio, but I guess I already voted a long time ago... and it was for Popplio<3 POPPLIO4LYFE. I admit I was really charmed by Rowlet's design, and when only the first evolutionary stage of each starter was known, I was pretty sure I was going to choose Rowlet. I saw some incredibly cute artwork of Popplio that swayed me, and then the second and final evolutions were released and I didn't care for Rowlet's at all. I picked Popplio and I do NOT regret it. Litten didn't really factor into my decision.

Rowlet, of course!
In US/M, I'll probably pick Popplio and I might get my Decidueye through Pok?mon Bank.

Do you know how long I've been waiting for an owl starter? AND ITS PART GHOST TYPE???

And they're friggn' archer themed with a lil bow its like they made a pokemon specifically to my tastes yo

aaaand I may or may not named one Sherwood and the other Blathers.

Last edited:
I always choose water, but Rowlet is the clear winner here. Popplio's line is "okay". Better than a lot of other lines, but also not as appealing as many other lines. Litten's line is abysmal and should have been left back in the 80s.

I chose Rowlet because I like the design, concept and typing of all three stages.

I named mine Oliver, after Oliver Queen, the civillian name of the Green Arrow, an archer themed superhero, and the olive tree.

In Sun, I picked Litten since I really like Incineroar, especially because of the design and types. In
USUM, I will chose one of the other two starters, but I'm not sure which one. Right now I would say
Rowlet, since I like Decidueye a little bit more then Primarina.

Having trouble deciding between Rowlet or Litten, Rowlet because I like the design and the interesting typing (Grass/Ghost), and Litten because my tradition of always picking the fire type to make things easier (**** Fire/Fighting typage. I swear to Arceus, Game Freak has a fetish for making the final evolution of fire type starters Fire/Fighting). EDIT: I'm choosing Rowlet. I like birbs :3

Last edited:
I like Rowlet more because of his owl design. He's pretty cute.

Back