• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the most you've ever spent on a game?

Believe it or not but Destiny. I used to play it with my best friend on Xbox 360 before I got the One. She persuaded me to buy the Taken King expansion which cost about ?40 so I was like "Sure, I've got money." and that was that. Then she showed me some emotes on my Xbox One and when she left I bought some silver to afford all the emotes she showed me just to spite her as she pissed me off days before. That cost me about ?7 or ?8 to obtain the silver.

I used to be a huge Rock Band player. I've spend a LOT (more than I'd like to admit) on DLC, high end instruments, etc.

Only reason I stopped really was the series' conversion to Xbox One/PS4 with Rock Band 4. I was an Xbox 360 player but I have no interest in buy an Xbox One, so my songs won't convert over nor could I use my current instruments if I were to buy the PS4 version. Plus it sounds like Rock Band 4 isn't that great anyways, so...

- Fire Emblem Fates (including additional storylines and DLC)
- Hyrule Warriors Legends Limited Edition & DLC
- Bravely Default Deluxe Edition
- Bravely Second Deluxe Edition
-- Every Skylanders Starter Pack for Wii, Wii U & 3DS

Highest game purchase on a game was $90 on Destiny + all the expansions. :T
In game stuff, the most I would spend is $20.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U. $4.99 per DLC character. That's the most I've ever spent on a game so far.

Last edited:
Probably on a Pokemon game since those are usually the most expensive games I purchase. So like, $60ish.

i probably spent 100+ euros on stardoll, not even sure if it counts as a game but... :/

I've dropped hundreds on Overwatch for lootboxes. Only during the events though. Still....pretty bad. x_x

I've spent an OBSCENE amount on all the Amiibo cards I've been getting for Animal Crossing...Probably around $150 or so.

I spent more money than I probably should have back when I played Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE, but I don't think it ended up coming out to more than maybe $150.

Through a variety of bad luck regarding theft and in one case, destruction due to a guest's badly trained animal, I've also spent about $80 throughout my purchasing of four total copies of The World Ends With You.

Past that, I generally don't spend more than $60 on a game, and rarely that; I primarily play 3DS games, so that $40 price is pretty nice. Except in the case of the new Yoshi's Woolly World for the 3DS; for that, I did purchase the bundle, which ended up coming out to about $55.

Me and my friend spent like, 120 dollars on a copy of Rule of Rose... It's a SERIOUSLY rare game and it's one of our favorites like e-v-e-r.
Similarly, we also went halfsies on the Japan-exclusive Fatal Frame 4 game for the Wii. I believe that one was around $80-90. Of course then they come out with a Fatal Frame for the WiiU in the US area but it was worth *u*

Digimon World 2
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
The Sims Bustin' Out
The Sims 2
The Sims 2: Castaway
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy V
Pokemon X
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Monster Rancher Battle Card

that's all I can remember, I loved all these games and spent tons of hours on :)

Last edited:
I'm so ashamed to really admit something like this but I've spent about $3,800 on a Korean MMO called Elsword. I still play it today, and the money just kind of added up over the course of 4 years

Last edited:
I bought 3 full-priced Sims 3 DLCs which is very stupid, $40 for pets and $40 for weather like wtf.

I bought all the Crash Bandicoot games I could get my grimey little paws on, and like 200$ something on Famicon games.

My friend spent 350$ on the Mighty No. 9 kickstarter lmao

Last edited:
If we can include series, Kingdom Hearts because I bought the games and system to play them before the company decided, let's make bundle remakes for ps3 (which I don't have). Made me so mad. When I bought the last game new not as a remake it was years and years ago. Before the whole remakes all the time trend we have now.

Single game wise nothing impressive. Probably like $50 for Fallout 4 or something.
Wait no now I remember $65 for the Xenoblade game for Wii because it must have been good for that much right??? No. I hated it.

Last edited:
I don't remember the exact figure but I used to buy almost every collector's/limited edition games when I still had my PS3.

I see all these 100$ amounts and i'm here like...
I've probably spent like 2500$+ last time I checked ( years ago ) on mabinogi. over a few years though but still

Back