• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the most you've ever spent on a game?

If you count all of the sims 2 and sims 3 packs as one thing, those would definitely be the most.
otherwise, just like $60 when a game just came out. I don't play really any subscription games, and I haven't bought any retro games that cost a lot either lol

I've spent well over $100 on Spiral Knights. Team Fortress 2 is a close second. Ironically, they're both free-to-play.

Let the shame begin! I once spent... oh lord, at least a few hundred on this really stupid carnival game, it was when I had gotten my first job so money was like... meaningless to me, I just spent it and spent it... but it was this stupid little carnival app where you build this fair/carnival thing, and like everyday I would spend money on the "coins" for it to get the new cool items... it was horrible, I quit the game after a while because I was like "Why am I doing this omfg!?" thankfully I wised up but like, it was stupid.

I buy the Sims 4 expansion packs and usually buy them when they come out. Not too sure how expensive they are and I don't really want to know how much I've spent on them lol.

Think Guild Wars 2 took most of my money for just skins or other cash items, still playing only not hardcore anymore. After that it's money for Minecraft server which is down at the moment because I dont really have time to keep it running. Most expensive game was FFXV since I wanted the slime Ps4 version €370 xD for a collector's edition €100 Tales of Xillia 1/Xillia 2/FFXIII-2 crystal edition.
I really love collection CE's it's just that they get more expensive I think. Wanted the new NieR game, figure looks lovely but €190 is a bit to much for me.

It's a tie between FE: Fates and Europa Universalis IV. I've spent a good $100 on both games. Although, EU IV will become the more expensive one as I keep buying expansions....

I was stupid and bought games for consoles I don't even have anymore right when they came out. I spent like $60 on Skyrim (which isn't an exorbitant amount) for xbox but it's like $5 on steam most of the time now so I really regret not waiting a little bit.

Most I've spent was $140 USD, I think it was, for the "Post-Apocalyptic" Edition of The Last of Us.

*stress laughing*

Oh gosh... I've spent hundreds of dollars on Mabinogi... The graphics were crap, but the game was so freaking fun and I only bought permanent stuff~ I don't actually feel shame about this one at all, I loved this and I still hope to return some day when I have more free time.

The ones I'm actively ashamed of is a really really really... uh... cliche... dating sim game called My Candy Love. I hate the plot, but I enjoy the characters, and I spent a chunk of my xmas money a few years ago on getting more action points to continue in a story that I found repulsive..? Similarly shameful, I really love these cute little phone games called "Moe Can Change" and "Dream Girlfriend" (yeah, the premise is about as creepy as you'd imagine) but I love raising sims~ Not to mention the girlfriend one is animated and it's really charming (when you aren't thinking of the creeping "raising a girlfriend" thing.... that.... nah... nope.) But... I spent real money to dress up my app girl...? like... more than I realized. It did the micro-payment thing, and over the course of a year I'd spent... just an absurd amount on her without realizing it. I changed from having a game budget to having a "Don't you F***ing dare spend any money on an app". I pay for college, this is not something I should have ever spent money on.

Though if you look at how much I spend on my AC amiibo cards over time... I'm sure I've spent hundreds on ACNL-- which would be fine with me, except eventually we'll get a new installment of the game that might not serve as nice of a function. EUGH. I'm generally good with my money I swear, lol. But when I get super super into something the budget that I allow myself tends to go away fast... .___.;;

Edit: WOW. Lots of typos! I didn't sleep well :p

Last edited:
When I had my first job as a teenager and flung money around super carelessly because I had no expenses, I remember sending $400 in "donations" to a private Ragnarok Online server, and even the owner of said server was like "Gurl you need to stop" lmao

I think that definitely takes the cake. Other MMOs might be coming up close on RO's heels though because the hubs and I play together and have to buy two copies of every expansion for whatever we're into at the time T_T

Through the lifetime of Free realms I have spent the upwards of 300 dollars on it. Only game I have really put money onto. Of course, it was regrettable once they closed the game down for good ;^;

I'm very very stingy when it comes to my money, so the most expensive game I purchased was Final Fantasy XV. It was some deluxe edition and it came with Kingsglaive. Think it was like 90 bucks, which really isn't that bad at all compared to those decked out $200+ collector editions of games that come with books and figures and soundtracks and other cool junk. Back in the dark ages, I recall spending wayyyy too much money on League of Legends, which I greatly regret. I'm fairly certain I must've spent at least $1000 on RP.....

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about my past Sims obsession....Not even going to bother trying to figure out how much money I spent on all those expansions & stuff packs between Sims 1 to 3, it'd hurt too much.

Last edited:
Probably buying Amiibo Festival and all its accompanying amiibos at full price. So about $265? I just couldn't help how cute all the amiibos were!

The most i spend $50 each On Pokemon games (Y/Omega Ruby/moon) stupid Canada tax..makes it more expensive

Not counting MMO subscriptions, Final Fantasy X. I've bought every version of it so far, along with each strategy guide to go with them.

I think I spent at least around 200€ on Guild Wars 2, even more. I mean I really liked the game back then, but I should really have saved my money on something else.

Back