• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the most you've ever spent on a game?

Zireael

Diamond Dust
Bells
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Zen Easter Egg
Chocolate Cake
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
So another thread got me thinking - what's the largest amount of money you've ever spent on a game? This is sometimes a tough confession to make (even to yourself), but I firmly believe there's no shame in spending money on something you enjoy. Share your experiences, maybe you're a diehard amiibo collector for one particular game? A subscription based online multiplayer? Or maybe you just really wanted that limited collectors master super rainbow edition preorder or whatever?

For me personally, I think the most I've ever spent on any one title was ?200 over a period of 3-4 years playing Tera. I used to play pretty hardcore and on a regular basis, even investing in their elite subscription for a few months. The biggest draw for me with that game was the cosmetics... I just LOVE costumes and creating outfits. I get a lot of satisfaction out of that for some reason. Nowadays I don't play the game anywhere near as much as I used to, I felt the content got far too easy and that's probably a good thing because it's saving my wallet lol...

Still though, I have fond memories of that game and I regret nothing. :)

Stories pls.

Last edited:
I remember dumping a lot of money in this website called Meez a very long time ago.

$210 on Overwatch or $6 Billion on Runescape membership

That's hard to say... possibly League of Legends of CS:GO but I haven't really spent much on either of those. I suppose that if you count Fire Emblem: Fates as one game, then I bought Conquest, Birthright, and Revelations.

On a single purchase I've never spent more than regular retail.

I played World of Warcraft from WotLK release to a few months into MoP though without really taking much of a break from it at all, so whatever that adds up to.

On an online game? Nothing. It's a complete waste of money.

Not really. I would rather pay a subscription to something that is well maintained, provides regular content updates and (most importantly) limits what I can do in game solely on my own ability rather than being gated behind separate paywalls.

F2P/P2W online games are often trash for a reason.

I think I spend more than $150 dollars on Final Fantasy XIV. I bought the game THREE times, paid for a wedding, and a character makeover potion.

I think the most I've ever spent on a game was around $70 for the Sims 4. I was ... kind of disappointed. Not worth that much.

Over like 3 years over ?1000 on League of legends...SKINS GET WINS XD

Let's see...I played Final Fantasy XI for 6 years. The monthly sub for that game was 11 bucks so that was 792 dollars. I played Aion for a year, when it first came out that had a monthly sub of 10 bucks 120 on monthly sub, and probably 200-300 on in game crap for that game. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 14 and my monthly sub for that game is 15 bucks a month and I've played it roughly for 2 years so 360 bucks, and probably 100-200 on the cash shop items. I did also play WoW for a bit but roughly maybe for a month or two at a time so that one doesn't count.

I've spent a lot of RuneScape membership... Totally worth it lmao ~

I bought all The Sims 3 expansion packs recently. That was pretty costly.

I stopped playing World of Warcraft last year, but I spent a lot on membership for that. And I also bought three mounts (Winged Guardian, Warforged Nightmare, and Heart of the Aspects). I kind of miss WoW, but I don't think I could ever get back into it.

The most I've ever spend on a game was when I actually bought the game. Other than that I don't really spend any extra money on getting things like add ons.

i probably spent about 300€ on league of legends, but those were during my drinking days and don't count

almost 400 on league, only like $40 on overwatch lootboxes and ummm i used to spend a lot on imvu when i was like 10

League of Legends, over 100$, probably 150$? My family are people that spend big on video games, and most of my rp were from Christmas presents, or a gift for myself.

Back