• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Seems I forgot about most features

V-drift

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Lobo
Tasty Cake
So we all know how a lot of people use emulators to play old games for free, right? Well, a friend tried his best to convince me to download Dolphin. At first, I was saying no due to how bad my laptop can handle simple N64 and GBA games. But a lot of annoyances and his reasoning for me to try dolphin, I gave it and downloaded.

He told me to download Animal Crossing for gamecube to deal with settings and such and after a few fixes, I can play some gamecube games that aren't so heavy on my laptop. Stuff like Animal Crossing, and Kirby Air Ride (except City Trial. I strangely lag there).

And once I run Animal Crossing, oh man... did I forget how slow making bells used to be before while trying to get out of the house debt and all that. I even forgot how most features works back then now. i remember the fountain and the lost and found from the police department and the letters, but that is just it. Everything else is not a mystery for me.

Like I don't know if you guys have a problem with me using an emulator to relive the old Animal Crossing games, but I am glad my friend convinced me to give Dolphin a try. Since I had issues ordering a cd of Animal Crossing once online. But um... yeah, I cannot believe how much I forgot this game was before. And seeing all the changes is just amazing. So to anyone who played the first Animal Crossing game before, is there something you forgot in this game that you recall to enjoy the most in here?

I love ac gamecube but the only way i ever made money was turnips and fruit. I still never really had tons of money. I still think that ac gc is the ac game with the highest turnip prices. I've seen like 670 prices with nook before.

Funny you should mention the dolphin, i recently downloaded it and super mario sunshine because i tried plugging my gamecube up to my tv and the resolution just looks AWFUL. I just got a new graphics card so it runs everything pretty well. It lags slightly on the remastered version of skyrim but that's on ultra and only at certain times.

You make me want to download ac gc now lol

Last edited:
Hehe, apologies for making you want to download AC for the gamecube again. I just think I may need a few help now and then after having a lot of issues with bells. Like dang, bell investment was so slow back then.

So selling turnips and fruits was the best way back then, huh? I was thinking it was fruit since I don't recall everything else anymore. But the turnip part sounds about right. I'll have to save up a few bells, pay for the house and then save up for turnips then. I just started mine so things will be super slow for now. I'm even unsure what I want for my house.

Strangely, with all the new TVs that are LED and LCD and all that, resolution is strangely awful for our gamecube and Nintendo 64. Too bad I don't see much of the old TVs we used to have now. I miss having those old pixelated times. But I guess we have to deal with what we have now. But I am glad you got a new graphic card. I'm a little envious too. :) I hope I can upgrade to a much stronger computer that can handle the Gamecube ISO files much smoother and even some PC games. But This is an AC topic, so I'll keep other topics outside of this.

If there's anything AC did better than the later games, it was definitely the soundtrack. I like the hourly themes a lot better in the GameCube one more than the ambient, drifty ones we got in subsequent titles. Even that dumb cat one at 1 PM.

Last edited:
I forgot that the shops are in your village, as opposed to Main Street... I was in my Population Growing town and I saw the Able Sisters, and I was really surprised. I feel really guilty...:p

I have an incredibly tumultuous memory (as in I'll remember nothing until someone or something brings it up), but going back, I forgot about how good the original soundtrack was. Everything about it screams perfecto. I also forgot about the dump, the holidays' fun factor (whereas you don't just have to get an item from Isabelle or Tortimer and you get to actually participate), the villagers' dialogues.
I remember them now that I'm playing through it for this year to relive the nostalgia (I might do the same for CF or WW as they were my first experience with Animal Crossing back in 2008). I'm pumped for Halloween on ACGC this year!

Last edited:
Back