• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you prefer 3ds or 3ds XL?

I used to be against the 3DS XL and thought it was unnecessary and too bulky to carry around, I also may have just been so against it cause I knew I couldn't afford it. but now that I have a car and a job I kinda really want one, especially because my DS is getting kinda old.. the buttons are beginning to go a little wonky, not work all the time

I prefer the XL. I just got the New Galaxy style XL yesterday as a present, and it's a lot better than my old 3ds. My old 3Ds is so tiny now in comparison that it feels really odd to be playing it.

i have the new 3ds, purely bought it just for changing face plates
how i regret trading my old 3ds xl in for it though..

I prefer the XL version, even though I don't have problems to play on the normal 3DS too.

I've never actually gotten a normal 3ds? My first 3ds happened to be a 3ds XL and my current one is the new 3ds XL. I'm not even sure why but I guess the XL is what I preferred? It also helped me out too having a slightly bigger screen since I used my 3ds to draw all my digital artwork.

My brother has a normal 3DS and when I went to buy one at the store, I saw the XL and instantly wanted the bigger screen. Sure it is a bit heavier but definitely worth it.

I chose the XL over the 3DS years ago. Bigger screen and came in my favorite color...blue.

Last edited:
Back