• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you prefer 3ds or 3ds XL?

I like XL because well, how huge the screen is. I have small hands and I don't find it uncomfortable to hold or whatever else. It's just a little heavy when I put it in my purse or clutch.

I prefer the normal 3DS to the XL, because even though I have large hands, the 3DS feel more comfortable. Also, the XL's screen just seems really stretched out, which I'm not a fan of.

I prefer the XL.. I can't handle those small screens from the regular version.. kills my eyes q.q
And I can actually fit mine in my pockets, it's just not very comfortable to carry around xD
But the small one neither, to be honest~

The XL for sure. I enjoy playing on a large screen. I never played the 3DS so I can't visually compare the size, but I recently found my old DSi and was surprised at how tiny the screen was lol.

The xl, I wear glasses so the bigger screens are better for me.

The xl, I wear glasses so the bigger screens are better for me.

Yep I wear em too so yeah larger screen are definitely better when playing handhelds! And yea the old 3ds XL are way better for me than the New 3ds xl ones, they are too heavy and too thick for me.. og xl/ll ftw!

Having only used the XL i have grown to love it. It hasn't been broken or damaged after months of throwing it around and dropping it. I can't say the same for my brother who dropped his regular 3DS off his bed making the back screen flimsy and loose.

Definitely prefer XL for it's size as well, fits more stickers on it❤

I could never go back to a standard sized 3DS. XL for sure.

I actually prefer the New 3DS XL! I was pretty surprised when I ended up loving it so much. I don't have tiny hands (at least I don't think I do...) but they are on the smaller side. I owned and loved my pearl pink 3DS for years! I never had any issues with it being uncomfortable so I was worried an XL would be too big. Luckily it wasn't! The XL is actually very easy for me to hold and I can reach all the buttons without a problem. I love having a big screen and I don't notice any big change in graphics. The built in NFC and access to exclusive games is why I prefer the New model as well!

definitely the xl. i can't even play on a normal 3ds screen anymore; it's too dang small! the xl screen is perfect.

Last edited:
3DS XL, I prefer larger screens due to my eyesight being bad at a distance

XL is way more comfortable, Plus I have bad vision so the big screen really helps. My first 3ds was just the regular blue one and I struggled with it so much having to squint a lot of the time to focus in on something.

So, The XL greatly pleases my eyes

Last edited:
I used to be a huge 3DS lite person- since my hands are really small... but the second I upgraded to the 3DS XL my hands were relieved, finally something my hands could manage with @_@ my hands are so small, and working with a regular 3DS is just-- it feels like I'm crammed in an elevator- whenever I touch my old 3DS-

I love my 3DS XL soooo much, it's the same color as my original (black) and I adore it >v< whenever i touch my old 3DS it feels like I'm going to explode because my hands- are as small as the 3DS and it's like- wtf

I've owned all of the models, I think I'll have to go with the New 3DS XL as my favorite.

Each has its pros and cons though:

The original is TINY and has kinda annoying corners, but the build quality is really good, probably the best of the family IMO.

Then the old 3DS XL is a nice size and felt nice in the hands, but build quality is a bit lacking if I remember it right.

The 2DS is a good compromise I'd say, but probably my least favorite model overall. I think it's really comfy to hold, and the build quality is actually pretty nice. I like being able to close my 3DS though, so I'm not huge on the 2DS.

The New 3DS is pretty nice, I kinda don't like how small it is. It was annoying to have the card slot and stylus on the bottom at first, but I got used to it. Also, the bottom screen's edge scratched to top screen! That was annoying.

The New 3DS XL is what I'm using right now, and I really like it! It's a good size and feels solid. I don't love the c-stick (nipple) but it's usable. Also, the paint on top scratches pretty easily, so I keep it in a case at all times.

I could talk about the 3DS all day, its my favorite system lol.

Edit: Also, I think the New 2DS XL, even though it has the dumbest name ever, has a LOT of potential. I'm excited to see it irl!

Last edited:
since i don't have an 3ds xl, i'm gonna go with the regular 3ds lmao

I think since the nintendo 3ds XL is LITERALLY XL for my small hands I prefer the 3ds, but I also prefer the original items over anything else such as gamecube over wii and other consoles. I think that you should always go with the originals, but unfortunately i my case I think i'll be forced to go with the XL because its the cheapest things in store right now, since mine is total garbage since it's the original and nintendo will no longer (god knows why) fix the originals.

I prefer the 3DS XL. Unfortunately it does distort or lower the quality of the graphics, but my hands cramp up so easily even with the XL, so I prefer the XL for that reason. The New 3DS XL, which is what I've got, runs faster than the old 3DS XL as well. The regular sized ones look so tiny, I don't think I could ever bare to have a smol one lmao

I have the 3DS XL one and I prefer having such a big handheld console, it's just more fun to me.

Back