Do you prefer 3ds or 3ds XL?

The 3ds xl for it's amiibo built-in compatibility, me and my bf both have one. But looks-wise I really like the 3ds cause of the cover plates! I wish they would have inputted that in the 3ds xl!

Definitely the XL by far. I upgraded from an old original 3DS to a N3DSXL and I was absolutely astonished by the increase in screen size. It's fantastic, though the custom plates for the regular are really cool too.

XL. Personally I don't think I could see myself being able to go to a normal 3DS. When I tried my mum's it just felt too small holding. The XL has much nicer proportions (at least for my hands).

I find the XL more comfortable and I prefer the screen size. Love the faceplates on the 3ds though.

I have huge hands so XL works better, but I like the small one too. Just because it's cute.

I greatly prefer the standard 3DS model size over the 3DS XL. I've never found the standard 3DS to be too small for my hands, and I prefer the smaller screen. Everything looks too stretched out on an XL, and as such I don't see the appeal of having it just because the screen is bigger.

I prefer the regular 3ds. The screen looks so huge on the XL and it doesn't look like something that would fit in your pocket. What is the point of a handheld if it is too big to carry around? I am bummed about not having an amiibo reader, but I will probably just buy the adapter.

People keep mentioning they like the regular 3DS size because of their hand size, but my hands are the smallest out of people I know, and I prefer the XL models, haha. Maybe I'm just weird.

I can't deal with a smaller screen size after the XL has spoiled me, though.

Also, I have small girl pockets. Even a normal 3DS wouldn't fit in there, so I don't care about pockets (That, and I'm always carrying a big purse).

Last edited:
:Y I've only ever had the XL..so I can't really comment too much. But I will say playing with one hand is tiring sometimes.

I prefer the xl over the regular now. I use both once in a while. After being used to holding the xl the regular ds feels smaller in my hands and now the small screen bothers me and I never thought the difference was that much? I have child hands but I prefer to hold the xl more.

I prefer the larger screens with the XL, as my vision isn't as good as I'd like it to be. The larger screens make me feel like I can see everything, as opposed to the smaller screens where I feel I'm holding it really close to my face. The XL is also easier for me to hold; sure, I miss out on the interchangeable face plates, but I'm all good with that. I got the New Nintendo 3DS XL Fire Emblem version (black/white) as a gift from a friend and it's so cool!

3ds XL, the old ones. Mostly because they had the best LE consoles, and I prefer the thinner, sleek design and shapes of the actual console rather than the other thick, more square ones.

3DS because it's smaller but if I ever had to replace my 3DS I'll definitely be getting that galaxy 3DSXL

Back