• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Didnt even buy the game.

A looot of people agree. The game is basically just amiibo and tapping it on the Wii U pad, that's it. Even I haven't gotten the game and I think it looks ridiculously boring.

It looks cute and I like that they kept the Animal Crossing feel to it but that's not enough to save it at the price it's at.

This game was a failure and Nintendo should learn from that. Enough AC spin-offs, stop updating a four years old game and start working on the next main AC. It should already be out now...

i agree w/ ^. i hope they make a new ac game soon with more options and stop making spin offs.

Yah I agree too, I honestly only got it for that sweet exclusive Digby amiibo.

Last edited:
I want to try it, but it's nothing I'd pay money for. They could have made a good party game, even if similar to Mario Party, if only it at least had some of the traditional AC elements to it... but it doesn't.

The amiibo figures are the only good things to come out of the game.

It's basically MP10 for very young children

Last edited:
Yeah. I think that the amiibo game is a waste of money and time. They should have just made the next animal crossing game for the Wii U instead. It would be a greater value.

I don't regret having it, but TBH, if I had known they were gonna be selling Isabelle and Digby amiibos separately eventually (I think they did?), I may have not wanted it so much.

I think part of why the amiibo update for New Leaf came out was because amiibo festival didn't do so well so they thought of a way to make people buy more amiibo c:

I bought it yesterday because it's only 15 bucks at gamestop, which is definitely worth it for the 2 amiibo and 3 cards

Yeah, during Dec/Jan there was a big sale on Animal Crossing Amiibo related goods here in Australia at EB Games. I picked up lots of card packs for $2 each, selected Amiibo figures for $12, the 3 pack with Reece, Cyrus and KK Slider for $15, and Amiibo Festival pack for $15. I don't think the game is worth its retail price, but to get 2 Amiibo figures + 3 cards for that price makes it worthwhile alone. If I had a Wii U I think I would mildly enjoy the game since it seems very relaxing. Unfortunately I don't. Have been thinking about getting one and a few games (I really want to play Super Mario 3D World) before it all becomes super unavailable and expensive.

And I really agree that part of the reason why the Animal Crossing NL update came out was to encourage more gamers to buy the amiibo cards & figures. I didn't really care very much about them before even though I had HHD. Now I want them all!

Back